• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Matt Reeves DC Universe Grows: Colin Farrell Penguin Spin-Off Series From The Batman Coming to HBO Max

ManaByte

The streamer is in early development on a series centered on Batman villain the Penguin. The potential show would be a spinoff of Warner Bros. feature film The Batman, which is due for a March 2022 release. Matt Reeves and Dylan Clark, who are directing and producing the film, will be executive producers on the project.

Colin Farrell plays the Penguin, a crime lord whose given name is Oswald Cobblepot, in The Batman and has been approached about continuing the role in the series. No deal is in place yet.

This is the THIRD Matt Reeves DC series on HBO Max following The Batman:

1. A Gotham PD series set before the movie.
2. A new Batman animated series.
3. The Penguin series.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Yeah…. maybe put your fucking film our first before you start making shitloads of spin offs.
That’s my first instinct, even though I’m dead-excited about the film.

but you have all these people whining about wanting a shared universe, while WB actually seems to be crafting multiple shared universes. Kinda funny.

sol_bad

Yeah, fuck off with this shit WB, still running before you are walking. We still have no idea if the Peacemaker series will be good or not. So dumb.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
At least the animated series had variety.

Batman. Joker. Penguin. Joker. Mr. Freeze. Joker. Penguin. Riddler. Penguin. Joker. Bane. Joker.

Batman movies in the year 2100...... Joker. Penguin. Joker...

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Why are people upset? Let WB throw shit at the wall and see what sticks. They’ve been hitting the occasional home run for a long time. I don’t mind a few foul balls.

i like the boldness given what theyve shown so far

the mood from the trailer was great

if the show matches that then bring it on

and its colin farrell

here's something though, the penguin makeup/prosthetics look excruciating so like what is he gonna put up with that throughout the whole thing? lol

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I don't know why I'm angry, maybe because DC has so much potential and WB keep squandering it.
They’ve put out some of my favorite comicbook adaptions since the “boom” began.
TDK trilogy, Man of Steel, Joker, The Suicide Squad. Looking forward to Black Adam, Peacemaker, Joker 2, Reeve’s Batman, Justice League Dark, etc.

mansoor1980

meh ................riddler as batman should be the NEW story arc
ilw.gif

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Yeah, fuck off with this shit WB, still running before you are walking. We still have no idea if the Peacemaker series will be good or not. So dumb.
You know what I'm gonna say sol_bad if Gunn is given full control to do what he wants. 🐻

They do have MAD faith in this though, it HAS to be heat.

Top Bottom