• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Medium Review Thread

Senua

73 on MC says that it kinda does 🤷🏻‍♂️
yup if you follow the modern review scale™

Vpf0g.png

Papacheeks

Banned
Eurogamer? It got Recommended rating from EG

Its getting mixed reviews.. Its best you try it yourself and then decide. Its on GP, you have no excuse not to try it with open mind

Oh, Im downloading it now remotely lol on my pc. I love alan wake and this in terms of atmosphere is up my alley. But im not as excited as I was thats for sure, wind out of my sail has definitely been deflated.

Oh fuck off with this nonsense. This is a bloober game and it shows. You can come back with comments like this once Fable, Halo Infinite, Avowed or any Zenimax game turns out like this.

So XBox should not have invested more money into Blooder to make this a better game? Because I see total potential to be another cult hit like alan wake if it nailed down things a little better. ANd with the budget that was being thrown around it shows. Even for a small studio.

You know you guys keep saying that, and I;m pumped for Avowed after playing Outer worlds, and i am a huge fable fan. But lets talk about the thing that has been basically over looked. You have a 12tf system and show off this game multiple times and kind of pump it up a little to showcase your system/ and service.

And it ends up in a similar position as Battletoads?

There is a pattern here, regardless of when those other titles drop which im hearing wont be for a while. And honestly Gamepass on PC pales compared to console library. I literally was on there today and nothing on there i wanted to play or didnt already own through all the cheap sales we've had over the past couple months.

I am enjoying the shit out of Carrion though. Game is great.

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Troll post.. Its a timed exclusive indie game coming to PS5 at later date as well
? They've been using this game as the first true next-gen Xbox exclusive since last year, even the reviewers say so. Don't change the narrative now that it's 900p and getting some bad reviews.

Proof: www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2021/01/05/heres-14-minutes-of-the-first-true-xbox-series-x-exclusive-the-medium/amp/

I'm looking forward to playing on PC Gamepass, perfect fodder for this service.

Oh fuck off with this nonsense. This is a bloober game and it shows. You can come back with comments like this once Fable, Halo Infinite, Avowed or any Zenimax game turns out like this.
They are Trolls, ignore them. There are better exclusives already on Xbox right now with Ori2, Gears 5, Forza nd all. Hivebuster DLC alone has better reviews this and many exclusives on other platforms.

ethomaz

Banned
When you open a thread and see one 10, one 9 and everything else 6-7.
Really interested in read these two reviews.

Raekwon26

I'd like to know how many of those reviewers have experience on proper survival horror games...

They look pretty young so maybe crap like resident evil 6 with special agent leon suplexing zombies Is More up their alley.

The game looks like a dream for proper pre re4 survival horror fans.
cookie lyon slapping GIF by Empire FOX

skit_data

Xbox gave me three free months for a dollar recently, so I was looing forward in checking this out since it gave me Alan wake vibes, but now that more is shown it looks kind of boring outside of atmosphere.
I only have a PS5 so it will take a long time before i will come across this. My interest in the game is solely based on this being one of the few exclusives on the Series X atm.

Looking at the reviews, it doesnt look like something that would make me gravitate towards the Xbox ecosystem. The Gamespot review had me surprised, hence the original comment.

This makes no sense.

Gamespot reviews are not done by just one person.
Of course i know its not done by one person, but in general their scores tend to be lower than other gaming sites in titles Ive looked up. Maybe Im totally wrong and they usually give dishonest and wierd reviews.

Papacheeks

Banned
Again, who is this person?

Tech youtuber who does reviews on cpu's gpu's and now has twitch streaming for games. He uses a lot of these new titles to show off hardware. WHich is why he's talking about technically we should wait for some kind of optimization patch or driver update from Nvidia/radeon.

Roufianos

Mine

Boring, trite, doesn't do almost anything, stories are bare bones, dragged out and graphics are very basic after the first couple hours.

On damn, haha. Looks like your boi Matty felt the same.Bring on this week's Defining Duke!

Good in terms of content to play for subscribers, but not a good look for Microsoft for having quality titles on the service that they sign.

It's other's people's money at the end of the day, not mine. I've said my share on that.

I do like how Day's Gone has so much mindshare these days....

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Good in terms of content to play for subscribers, but not a good look for Microsoft for having quality titles on the service that they sign.
Not necessarily a "bad" look either, we're not there yet. I mean, this is one of the few new launch titles on Game Pass, there's a lot more to come. Like I mentioned earlier, with it being a Bloober project it was pretty easy to assume the outcome. Not like it was gonna bust through the door with a 90+ Metacritic.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
The reviews are all over the place lol.
Yeah, it's weird. So far it goes from 3 to 10. It's seems this game is pretty divisive. I'm glad I have Game Pass in case this game turns out to be a 3 for me.

I'm sad it's getting so many bad reviews since I was really excited for it. So far the MC score is only a little higher than Blair Witch, a Bloober game I didn't like at all.

Papacheeks

Banned
It's other's people's money at the end of the day, not mine. I've said my share on that.

I do like how Day's Gone has so much mindshare these days....

Yea, thing is that game's biggest issue with reviewers was technical issues not gameplay for the most part. ANd reviewers who actually finished the game you could tell had a different opinion than people who didnt make it past the third camp.

I really enjoyed that game and I paid full price. It's not perfect, story writing is kind of on the mediocre side, and early game is not as fun as it is later when you have most if not all upgrades.

I understand the medium is from a small developer, but Microsoft signed them? If they saw something which they did, why not invest more into making it more than what it is? Sony and Nintendo do this? Feel this game's ideas and atmosphere are perfect for a little bit of bigger scope. The fact that you literally are walking for 30 minutes at some times without interacting with anything is kind of telling of developer limitations or just scope of project.

Papacheeks

Banned
With how different your review is from just the text you wrote in comparison to the rest that gave been posted I'm glad I don't know who you are or care about your reviews.

Wow, dude. literally need to take a step back and get off the internet, Karak has built himself a great community with ACG , guy works his ass off to do his own reviews that most of the time is just all him.

Like wtf?

Just because he's knocking a game that is on gamepass doesn't mean he's doing it to offend your console warring honor. He has gamepass and is a big xbox guy who now has a xbox podcast at Last stand media.

Some people jesus.

Xbox gave me three free months for a dollar recently, so I was looking forward in checking this out since it gave me Alan wake vibes, but now that more is shown it looks kind of boring outside of atmosphere.
When you looking at your $1 dollar like "did I make the right investment?".... jk jk..

Top Bottom