• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Medium Review Thread

AnotherOne

The Gamer 10

Power Up 9.7/10

The Digital Fix 9.5/10

Gamers Heroes 9.5/10

GameSpot 9/10

PC Gamer 9.2/10

XboxHub 9/10

Critical Hit 8.5/10

Game Watcher 8.5/10

Xbox Tavern 8.5/10

God Is a Geek 8.5/10

ZTGD 8/10

EGM 8/10

Twinfinite 8/10

IGN 8/10

Stevivor 7.5/10

Screenrant 7/10

Game Skinny 7/10

Ign France 7/10

Game Informer 6.8/10

Press Start 6.5/10

Aus Gamers 6.2/10

Shacknews 6/10

Well Played 6/10

Destructoid 6/10

Slant Magazine 6/10

PureXbox 6/10

Trusted Reviews 6/10

VGC 6/10

GameSpew 6/10

DualShockers 5.5/10

Paste Magazine 5/10

CG magazine 4.5/10

Gaming Bible 3/10

Vg247 3/5

Attack of the fanboy 2.5/5

Games Radar 2.5/5

The Guardian 2/5

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
Esvm399XEAMoscs

skit_data

Wow, a 9 from gamespot. I always consider them the most accurate and honest. Thats way higher than i expected!

Edit: whoops, i guess im totally wrong. Gamespot sucks i guess. I have barely read any reviews from the major gaming sites in several years, so im probably completely out of the loop.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Mine

Boring, trite, doesn't do almost anything, stories are bare bones, dragged out and graphics are very basic after the first couple hours.

That's a bummer since I usually agree with Karak's opinion on games. I was really looking forward to this game. I'll still give it a try since it's on Game Pass. Maybe I'll get lucky and this will be one of those games I don't agree with him.

Concern

Mine

Boring, trite, doesn't do almost anything, stories are bare bones, dragged out and graphics are very basic after the first couple hours.

Looked interesting but didn't expect much after playing Blair Witch. I'll still check it out since its preloaded.

Mine

Interesting. So its a Medium quality game according to you? :p

Reviews are mixed so far. GS, IGN, PC GAMER and Eurogamer all gave it 9 and loved it. Anyway, Game pass ftw

Papacheeks

Banned
But the ponies said the game will suck

Looking at how it's getting picked apart by youtubers, and eurogamer reviewer, sounds like it's nice to look at, but has issues with what it wants to be.

Also it running at 900p on a 12tf console regardless of what the game is trying to do rendering wise is kind of a bad look. If they had issues during early tests than they should have had you just switch back in forth between worlds at will and render them level at a time instead of trying to two this dual rendering. Cool looking but hardware isn't there yet to do it yet.

Papacheeks

Banned
I usually tend to find their reviews more aligned with my own opinion on games, more than IGN at least. But then again, i rarely look up games i dont intend to buy in the first place.

Xbox gave me three free months for a dollar recently, so I was looking forward in checking this out since it gave me Alan wake vibes, but now that more is shown it looks kind of boring outside of atmosphere.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
I usually tend to find their reviews more aligned with my own opinion on games, more than IGN at least. But then again, i rarely look up games i dont intend to buy in the first place.

This makes no sense.

Gamespot reviews are not done by just one person.

MiguelItUp

Yeah, this is what I was expecting, unfortunately. I may still give it a whirl at some point, but my excitement was reserved awhile ago.

Edit: Of course trolls are like, "HURR DURR GAME PASS QUALITY GAME HURR." No one should have to tell you this, and I'm sure it's bait. But whatever. The game being a "launch on Game Pass" title has absolutely nothing to do with the project's overall quality. I mean, you could've made a pretty solid review assumption just by the dev's previous titles.

Last edited:
Looking at how it's getting picked apart by youtubers, and eurogamer reviewer, sounds like it's nice to look at, but has issues with what it wants to be.

Also it running at 900p on a 12tf console regardless of what the game is trying to do rendering wise is kind of a bad look. If they had issues during early tests than they should have had you just switch back in forth between worlds at will and render them level at a time instead of trying to two this dual rendering. Cool looking but hardware isn't there yet to do it yet.
Eurogamer? It got Recommended rating from EG

Its getting mixed reviews.. Its best you try it yourself and then decide. Its on GP, you have no excuse not to try it with open mind

Reactions: GHG
Honestly this proves my point a little o gamepass. The ponderosa of game content. There's stuff to play, and some stuff that looks really good, but on average your getting a mix bag of titles.
Oh fuck off with this nonsense. This is a bloober game and it shows. You can come back with comments like this once Fable, Halo Infinite, Avowed or any Zenimax game turns out like this.

JCK75

Watching quite a few reviews it seems like reality is it's a solid B+ title that is really enjoyable if you are into horror titles.
I never really expected it would be a 90+ scoring game so I'm very happy with what I'm seeing.

GHG

Gold Member
It's cheap on steam but still on the fence though. Anybody here has any idea of the length of the game?

8 Hours and completely linear according to Skill Up. He said you will either like it or dislike it but he personally liked it.

Just try it on gamepass before deciding if you think it's worth a purchase.

Top Bottom