• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Medium Review Thread

Skifi28

Xbox/pc users don’t have to pay a cent if they have gamepas

That's my biggest gripe with gamepass and subscription services in general. People willing to accept lower quality products because: "hey, it's free!!111" I don't want console/PC gaming to eventually become the new phone app store.

*Do note that this isn't aimed at this particular game as I don't have an opinion about its quality yet, it just gives many apologists the chance to shine.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Lots of you must enjoy paying full price for games that are mediocre and 5 hours long

People do realise that
  1. This isn’t a first party title
  2. The game is effectively rendering 2 games at once in parts
  3. If it does come to ps5 it will most likely run the same or worse
  4. Xbox/pc users don’t have to pay a cent if they have gamepass
  5. Metacritic is a horrible way to judge a game
I have a PC...pretty sure GamePass isn't free though. It'll cost me at least £1.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Checks out. It’s the usual shovel ware for gamepass.
woah-kiddo-be-careful-wouldnt-wanna-injure-yourself-on-that-36182452.png

#cringe

Redlancet

Banned
That's my biggest gripe with gamepass and subscription services in general. People willing to accept lower quality products because: "hey, it's free!!111" I don't want console/PC gaming to eventually become the new phone app store.

*Do note that this isn't aimed at this particular game as I don't have an opinion about its quality yet, it just gives many apologists the chance to shine.
the funny things its people using the term FREE with sub services.....they have a price

tried 1 hour of the game...its...a pretty standar game,if this game wasnt a gamepass and a xbox series x exclusive nobody will bat a eye and fucking MEGALOL LOL LOL LOL at dudes hyping this game when they have spend years whining about "cinematic" games because this game is one of these walking simulators they hate

Last edited:

I can't say I agree with this 100%, somewhat agree sometimes. How about the inverse? AAA spend 5+ years and miss the mark completely. I'd rather see some short, medium and long dev games thanks. You also seem to miss that most of these games are smaller studios producing amazing games for the resources they have.

Has there been another game recently which had such disparity between review scores?, i cant think of one.
Yeah it happens when you tend to throw out 9's and 10's like fucking confetti.
Going by reviewers there's an avalanche of GOTG in stores right now.

How trustworthy are these media sites? I'm praying everyday that demo's will become a thing again so I can try before I buy. IGN, Gamespot and the lot can fuck right off. I'd rather see for myself how a game plays than trust them to give a fair and honest opinion.

Last edited:

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Lol what a hot take, shameful post
Have they had a banger since gamepass?
hows bleeding edge doing? All but 11 people playing the game last month and before its birthday release no more updates
How did halo infinite look, especially when they actually said for their main flag ship game they were going to release in parts, which NEVER would be a conversation if gamepass didnt exist
How was the launch of sea of thieves, was the kraken lackn?
Crackdown 3?
Seems to me gamepass is an excuse to have piss poor first party content with the 'intent' to fix it later.

Last edited:

Foilz

Banned
Im halfway through i think and so far its quite enjoyable. Its not God of war (best game of last gen) but its definitely not a dud.

Visuals are gorgeous ,controls are RE style so some will love them and some will hate them, atmosphere is PERFECT.

Id say a solid 8/10 and gives me that Alan wake feel which i loved. IMHO its better than the Evil Within games

Last edited:
hows bleeding edge doing? All but 11 people playing the game last month and before its birthday release no more updates
How did halo infinite look, especially when they actually said for their main flag ship game they were going to release in parts, which NEVER would be a conversation if gamepass didnt exist
Crackdown 3?
Seems to me gamepass is an excuse to have piss poor first party content with the 'intent' to fix it later.

n8QVYUT.gif

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Kagey K

Banned
Crackdown 3?
Just because reviewers hate it doesn’t mean they aren’t great games.

Crackdown3, Sea of Thieves and Halo MCC are all doing great now in sales and in players.

But keep pretending Gamepass is the problem.

Medium is already doing great and your boo hooing about it isn’t going to slow it down.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Well that was underwhelming, I feel like Bloober team have been in decline since Layers of Fear (their masterpiece by far).
This was ... not what I expected, and abysmal performances on PC.
Would not recommend.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Crackdown 3?

crackdown was similar to the other crackdowns so if you liked them you would love crackdown 3 if you didn't like them you would like it,
forza horizon 4 the best arcade racer last gen launched on gamepass, sea of thieves is a good game but again depends on taste.

plus other games on there like doom red dead and so on.

not everybody likes games like god of war or uncharted or last of us. people have different tastes so you dont have to shit on everything all the time

davidjaffe davidjaffe with his review/impressions.

I agree with some of his points. Especially the point about this game needing more time.

In some parts of the game, I found myself being completely loss because the game does not do a good job of thoroughly explaining some concepts.

I also found the graphics and presentation to be very inconsistent. For example, some parts of the game looks beautiful and next gen while other parts look like your playing a 360/PS3 game.

ZimZum

Neo Member
Serious question, I'm at the beginning of the game at the Niwa Resort and I was surprised by the environment, I don't remember seeing a woodland / forest so well represented, its abandoned environment is really well done.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Just because reviewers hate it doesn’t mean they aren’t great games.

Crackdown3, Sea of Thieves and Halo MCC are all doing great now in sales and in players.

But keep pretending Gamepass is the problem.

Medium is already doing great and your boo hooing about it isn’t going to slow it down.
Wait wait wait Crackdown 3 is doing great ?
That's not possible the game was already dead a week after it's release do you live in a parallel world ?

BigLee74

Serious question, I'm at the beginning of the game at the Niwa Resort and I was surprised by the environment, I don't remember seeing a woodland / forest so well represented, its abandoned environment is really well done.

So what’s the question? 😁

Top Bottom