• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread |OT|

Doomtrain

Not to stalk or anything but you got a last.fm (my profile) by any chance? Would be fun to check out our compatibility (and maybe hook up later grab a cup of coffee, suck each other off, etc).

I don't, but I looked at yours and we're definitely into a lot of the same stuff. I'm mostly into metalcore and post hardcore. I'm seeing a bunch of Killswitch, Born of Osiris, Periphery, Thousand Below... fuck, you even hearted 171 xo, which I think is definitively the best song off that album.

VN1X

Banned
The fuck? Kvelertak put out a new album this year? I haven't heard anything about it?!

Wat.

EDIT: and Svalbard as wel?! Maybe I'll have to make some changes to my end-of-year list soon, wtf.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Oh how to be a kid again.

Oh who am I kidding, this shit's catchy as fuck! I didn't even know they did a collab with Marshmellow (although as has been made evident I'm unaware of a lot going-ons in the scene apparently :lollipop_grinning_sweat:) .

Last edited:
I don't, but I looked at yours and we're definitely into a lot of the same stuff. I'm mostly into metalcore and post hardcore. I'm seeing a bunch of Killswitch, Born of Osiris, Periphery, Thousand Below... fuck, you even hearted 171 xo, which I think is definitively the best song off that album.

this is the metal thread bruh. can you talk about your soyboy nerd wank music somewhere else

VN1X

Banned
Oh lord Svalbard have gone full twittercore haven't they? What the fuck are these lyrics hahaha

https://genius.com/Svalbard-click-bait-lyrics
[Intro]
How am I represented
When I have no control?
How is this a platform
When you manipulate my words?

[Verse 1]
It's not "us versus them"
It's not "girls versus boys"
It's not either or
This isn't a war

[Chorus]
Headline constructed
To be as divisive
As fucking possible
And completely detached
From the rest of the desperate
Desperate click-bait article
We are used as fodder
To generate comments
Because the presence of a woman
Still causes massive arguments
Fuck off
Fuck off

[Post-Chorus 1]
I am sick of being a stick
For all the misogynistic bears you poke

[Outro]
One day
You will
Write about us
And it won't
Be dismissed
As "virtue signaling"
And the piece won't be designed
With generating comments in mind
It won't be reactive
It won't be a gender war
One day, when I'm represented
I will have control
I will have control
I will have control

giphy.gif

VN1X

Banned
Damn that Loathe album that came out in February is kind of fucking amazing isn't it? Only listened to it once so far but they've pretty much outdone Deftones at their own game last year.

Korranator

Never heard of these guys before, but holy shit.......some serious riffs. Yeah, yeah heavy DT influence, but some Jazz too.

Last edited:

MadYarpen

😮 RIP, was not a huge fan of Children of Bodom but loved his other well known band Sinergy.
To me it feels like loosing a friend. I have been listening to them for almost 20 years. I probably spent more time with Alexi than with any actual friend...

Hard to find words. Listening to FTR, and crying a bit at the moment. Will have a drink in his name tonight.

Duellist

To me it feels like loosing a friend. I have been listening to them for almost 20 years. I probably spent more time with Alexi than with any actual friend...

Hard to find words. Listening to FTR, and crying a bit at the moment. Will have a drink in his name tonight.
You ever listen to Sinergy? Was more of a power metal band with his girlfriend/ex wife Kim. Some awesome guitar work and songs on those albums.

VN1X

Banned
Some new ERRA for yous.

Not particularly blown away by it so far but still cautiously optimistic for the new album.

Last edited:
jon schaffer made the best metal band of all time AND does based and redpilled insurrectiony stuff in his spare time

what a legend
Different strokes and all but Iced Earth as the best metal band of all time is a ludicrous and hilarious statement. I'm fucking dying here hahaha.

One of the better new death metal bands.

VN1X

Banned
I hope you have already checked out Brand of Sacrifice's latest track because if not then... I will be very cross with you.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Any of you guys ever listen to the band RA? They've got some new material out that getting some radio play in my area. I really dug their first couple of albums back in the day. From One was brilliant I throught.

Top Bottom