• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare" (Guy Ritchie, April 19 2024) Official Trailer

Based upon recently declassified files of the British War Department and inspired by true events, THE MINISTRY OF UNGENTLEMANLY WARFARE is an action-comedy that tells the story of the first-ever special forces organization formed during WWII by UK Prime Minister Winston Churchill and a small group of military officials including author Ian Fleming. The top-secret combat unit, composed of a motley crew of rogues and mavericks, goes on a daring mission against the Nazis using entirely unconventional and utterly "ungentlemanly" fighting techniques. Ultimately their audacious approach changed the course of the war and laid the foundation for the British SAS and modern Black Ops warfare.

Starring Henry Cavill, Eiza González, Alan Ritchson, Alex Pettyfer, Hero Fiennes Tiffin, Babs Olusanmokun, Henrique Zaga, Til Schweiger, with Henry Golding and Cary Elwes.

Looks awesome.

Cyberpunkd

Remember kids: A good Nazi is a dead Nazi.

Aidy Bryant Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

jason10mm

Gold Member
Well, Cavill ain't getting James Bond now.... Throw Argylle on top and he seems to be actively campaigning for the role whilst simultaneously mocking it :p

But looks good. This kind of silly ensemble stuff can go either way for me but Ritchie is usually pretty solid and this looks to have a good budget so I'm in.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Apparently this stupid fucking movie doesn't even star Henry Cavill or Alan Ritchson. They're hardly in it.

The entire marketing campaign is one big lie.
Those where the two I was most looking forward to seeing ffs, ah well I'm still sure it'll be an enjoyable Ritchie flick at least

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Apparently this stupid fucking movie doesn't even star Henry Cavill or Alan Ritchson. They're hardly in it.

The entire marketing campaign is one big lie.
Where are you getting this from?

I read a review that certainly implied they were the main characters. It is an ensemble Ritchie film though, there are usually entire segments that are separate and then come together in the end.

Cavill’s character leads the entire mission.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Where are you getting this from?

I read a review that certainly implied they were the main characters. It is an ensemble Ritchie film though, there are usually entire segments that are separate and then come together in the end.

Cavill’s character leads the entire mission.

A fair amount of the reviews indicate they are definitely not the lead characters.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Bummer, those two playing off (or with, I don't judge) each other was the main appeal for me. WTF is this movie about if NOT the two guys who plan and lead the mission?

IntentionalPun

A fair amount of the reviews indicate they are definitely not the lead characters.
I’ve read a few and none have even come close to claiming they are “hardly in it.” Only found one that even mentioned anything like that and they just said Cavill takes a back seat to Ritchson.

IntentionalPun

At the end he literally says Henry Cavil carries this entire movie.

Yeah as I noted above it’s a Guy Ritchie film. They almost always have separate stories going on at the same time. This one has 2 different groups doing different things so there will be times when Cavill and Ritchson aren’t a part of the film just as Jason Stathom isn’t in many scenes from Lock Stock.

StueyDuck

Guy Ritchie for me is almost the exact definition of hit or miss...

The covenant for me was an OK hit, nothing special but enjoyable. So I'm hoping this isn't a miss

At the end he literally says Henry Cavil carries this entire movie.

Sounds like going by this, my general rule remains and this will be a miss, hopefully an OK miss.

I'll still see it when it comes to streaming 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Top Bottom