• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The most hated gaming brand in every country

junguler

Banned
the irony is somewhere in the multiverse vivendi was able to buy ubisoft and our other versions were able to play sequels of splinter cell and prince of persia already, lucky bastards, i'm so done with earth prime, it sucks ass.

stranno

For some reason, Ubisoft hate in Europe is pretty high, when it was the only studio that cared about other languages than French and German back in the 90s. Most devs didn't give a S about Spanish, even being the second or third language most talked in the world, and Ubisoft cared. Kudos to them.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
hahah everyone in europe hates fucking france. aka ubisoft

also

fuck ubisoft

Last edited:

Pejo

This is one of the most hilarious infographics I've ever seen. I love that the Saudis hate Rare. Mostly irrelevant company other than Sea of Thieves I guess. I don't really get how anybody can really HATE Capcom. They're pretty mild and varied with their IPs, but there's like ~10 countries that do.

Gamefreak gets what it deserves. The last few Pokemon games have been a travesty as far as a billion dollar company putting out the bare minimum product with janky animations, systems, etc.

Arioco

Rare in South Korea?!

OK, guys, forget our differences, we have a new common enemy. 😡

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Good on Japan

Capcom has totally sucked for years now almost everything since that Dragons Dogma garbage has been really bad

western gamers haven't seemed to have noticed for some reason ("I like shit thats my taste bro")

Alpha Male

Woody Harrelson Crying GIF
Exactly!

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
As a brazilian I must say I'm on the fence about Ubisoft. People buy their stuff, even thou basically everyone says "I like AC despite the bugs". Other hated company is Nintendo, because gaming was expensive since ever, but Nintendo takes the cake with expensive stuff

For some reason, Ubisoft hate in Europe is pretty high, when it was the only studio that cared about other languages than French and German back in the 90s. Most devs didn't give a S about Spanish, even being the second or third language most talked in the world, and Ubisoft cared. Kudos to them.

I think it's because they have great potential for their games, then somehow fall short on execution; they have their horrible DRM system with Uplay, and they've tanked some beloved franchises into the ground because of their development team swaps [RIP Heroes of Might and Magic]

UBISOFT wins my most hated company award.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

All those need to be replaced by EA…

EA would die if it wasnt for the dummies who buy Fifa every year. Literally the laziest game ever.

I recently bought FIFA 2021 and it was the same game as Fifa 11… same movement and gameplay, feels like controlling a bunch of gorillas in mud, repetitve animations, lifeless, bland and weird celebrations, repetitive commentating. Glitches. And lacks excitement and life.

The only good thing was the manager mode sim

Wish Konami actually made a good winning eleven game and Fifa gave them the licenses

Doom85

I’m shocked Japan is Capcom over Konami. Especially with all the MH love.

Especially the countless reports of poor employee treatment over there (before anyone says his name, this goes FAR beyond Kojima) to the point one senior employee developed suicidal depression over it. Capcom has done nothing even close to that IMHO, but too often people only look at how a company treats its consumers and ignore the actual employees.

Bullet Club

This is clickbait with no bearing on anything. They used some Twitter algorithm bullshit that makes no sense and doesn't show who's the most hated at all.

It's just someone who wants to have a fancy story about the most hated companies, but they have no idea how to compile that, so they slap together some absolute rubbish twitter shit.
Or in other words, it's just a bit of fun that shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Yoboman

It's ironic seeing Ubisoft dominate in this, when they cater to SJW/ woke crowd like the most of them all. Maybe EA on par. Maybe time to get a clue?
The problem for Ubisoft is they cater to the woke crowd in one game and the next game they associate terrorists you kill to black lives matter

So they try to be political and make everyone hate them

Mossybrew

This is dumb. I don't "hate" any gaming brand or company, there are certainly plenty I don't care about that don't cater to my interests, but that's a long way from hate.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
A lot of UBI and Capcom hate.

UBI I can understand with cookie cutter millionth open world game. But whats with the hate on Capcom?

I had to google what Game Freak is. Pokemon maker.

Amazingly zero EA and only a couple Activision. Norway hates Nintendo some reason.

Last edited:

Rickyiez

Capcom most hated in Japan/SG/Malaysia probably because SF5 is a great game but hampered by the netcode

Last edited:

Tschumi

If i had to give a company i hate...

I think it might have to be blizzard, who have so completely fucked everything i used to respect them for.. bioware and Bethesda also piss me off for similar reasons.

Feels like only valve and rockstar are left, valve are like the worst procrastinators in history and rockstar.. well they're kinda unimpeachable within their genre.

Trimesh

Banned
This is an absurd methodology - not least because only drooling shit-eating morons use Twitter in the first place so anything based on it has a massive selection bias towards retards.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Playstation most hated brand in Argentina? Fellow countrymen would gag on Jim Ryan's cum on the double... as well as most of the Hispanic world except Mexico.

That's the reason why Sony services are so poor in the region. No need to improve when drones just go and buy PS without any thought.

Top Bottom