• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Movie Trailer Thread

sol_bad

Critic scores are almost worthless, I literally avoid things that have unanimous "critic" praise. So I guess they are somewhat useful in that regard.

That's a shame, you are probably missing out on some really good movies.

sol_bad

I'll survive. I prefer the pre-woke eras for film and TV lately anyway.

That statement is even sadder, there are plenty of incredible films with high scores over the past 10 years. Even more so before the "woke" era as you call it.
ah well

Nymphae

Banned
That statement is even sadder, there are plenty of incredible films with high scores over the past 10 years

Again, I couldn't care less about what professional critics think about pretty much anything. I still see stuff that makes it's way to me, like John Wick was pretty badass, but I didn't need a critic rating anywhere to tell me to see that.

sol_bad

Again, I couldn't care less about what professional critics think about pretty much anything. I still see stuff that makes it's way to me, like John Wick was pretty badass, but I didn't need a critic rating anywhere to tell me to see that.

I'm not saying that critics are always right but they can be a helpful guide.
Case in point, The Witch, Hereditary and Midsommar. I wouldn't have watched them if it weren't for the high critic scores and they are all great films. The audience scores on the other hand, they are too daft to understand why they are great.

Nymphae

Banned
I'm not saying that critics are always right but they can be a helpful guide.

They can be, sure, depending on what you like. In general I just don't trust any MSM anymore, they've raved about too many things that I hated for me to trust them.

sol_bad

At first, reading that Michael Bay was doing a Netflix film, I thought "Bay has been relegated to Netflix? Really? How???".
But now after seeing that trailer, Netflix finally spending the dollars for an action flick. It looks like a tonne of fun and looks like something that would air in the cinemas. Seems like Netflix will still let Bay ogle women which is surprising.

sol_bad

I was looking up Destin Daniel Cretin because he is directing the Shang-Chi film for the MCU. I was curious as to what else he has made.
He has made 3 films so far and they all look pretty heavy on the drama side of things. Makes me even more curious what Shang-Chi will turn out like.

I'd actually seen the trailer to The Glass Castle before but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I'd also previously seen the trailer for Just Mercy but that isn't out until December.

sol_bad

This movie looks ridiculous but Harrison Ford looks like he is having fun.

The dog has better expressions than Lion King.

Waiting for Tenet trailer be like
28this.jpg

Top Bottom