• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mutants: Marvel Studios Is Officially Bringing The X-Men Into The MCU

bitbydeath

Marvel Studios is currently developing a X-Men based feature film tentatively titled, The Mutants.
The Illuminerdi has learned of a Marvel Studios-led project produced by Marvel CCO Kevin Feige entitled, The Mutants. It’s currently being developed as a feature film and is intended to be a reboot of the X-Men franchise.

ManaByte

1:03 - Feige actually said the title back at SDCC 2019 and no one thought anything of it then.

Also. this:

"I don't know where the future is going," Alonso told Nuke the Fridge. "It's funny that people call it the X-Men. There's a lot of female superheroes in that X-Men group, so I think it's outdated."

Last edited:

sol_bad

I honestly think a simple title like that is good as a first movie for the MCU. As long as the point of the movie is to show what mutants are, how they came to be and where they have been over the past 15+ years of the MCU, like a mutant origin story. Then the sequels can be titled X-Men and X-Factor and X-Force or whatever they choose.

ManaByte

I honestly think a simple title like that is good as a first movie for the MCU. As long as the point of the movie is to show what mutants are, how they came to be and where they have been over the past 15+ years of the MCU, like a mutant origin story. Then the sequels can be titled X-Men and X-Factor and X-Force or whatever they choose.

Based on Victoria Alonso's comments, I don't know if we'll see the X-Men name used now.

sol_bad

Based on Victoria Alonso's comments, I don't know if we'll see the X-Men name used now.

I highly doubt she can tell Feige what to do. The comics are still X-Men and it's a brand name everyone knows.
But yeah, I don't care if they go for X-Force , X-Factor, Exiles, Generation X, Hellions, Marauders, Mutant X or X-Statix instead of X-Men though.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
I highly doubt she can tell Feige what to do. The comics are still X-Men and it's a brand name everyone knows.
But yeah, I don't care if they go for X-Force , X-Factor, Exiles, Generation X, Hellions, Marauders, Mutant X or X-Statix instead of X-Men though.
You forgot xcalibur.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Gonna need a better source, OP. I don't see how any of us are supposed to believe there's going to be a new X-men movie.

Labolas

Gatdamn muties. Seriously though hopefully this will be better than the last movie that had Mutants.

G-Bus

Banned
Yea I'm really interested in how they handle this and what mutants take centre stage.

Simply calling it mutants and leaving x-men behind leaves it really open.

SJRB

Gold Member
X-Men is not inclusive enough, o my god the ride never ends. We really deserve the rapture at this point.

Looking forward to X-Genders.

Fictional world where humans develop genetic quirks that give them special powers...

Now we are all sensitive about calling them "X-men" (affront to ultra-feminist identity) but we don't even notice the irony in being happy to call them "mutants" (essentially calling them sub-human entirely)...?

... fuck me

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
They already had this retarded line in the last dumb movie

@ 2:07

Thank god we don't have to see Jennifer Lawrence anymore

Lukin1978

I liked Jackman, Fassbender and McAvoy as wolverine, magneto and professor x. The rest of the original x- men cast who cares.
Going to be hard to replace these guys.

Top Bottom