• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mystery of Larry Wachowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToxicAdam

Picture of Ilsa Strix. The woman who ruined The Matrix (just kidding).

ilsa01.jpg

----

That was a great read, thanks for posting it.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
chaostrophy said:
The only part of the article that matters:

Seriously, what a fucking horrible article. I thought Rolling Stone was a halfway decent magazine, but that entire article read like something out of the National Enquirer. OMG bizarre sex stuff to talk about in hushed giggling tones with the sewing circle! Um, like, transgendered people are, like, so weeeeiiird and stuff. And, like, what WAS up with them showing a man's butt in that movie? My husband, like, thought that was sooo GAY.

You should have seen their Eddie Vedder and Axl Rose articles from a few years ago. Those were the National Enquirer ones.

I just posted it because I thought it was interesting, nothing more to it than that.

Snaku

Banned
BenT said:
LGB tolerant, maybe. This thread is lacking on the "T" tolerance, judging from words like freaky, creepy, and the placement of quotes around pronouns.

Transgenderism isn't a big deal. It's the penis needles that raise an eyebrow or two.

KINGMOKU

Screw tolerance. This idiot screwed up what could have been a great trilogy. It's now the "great one", with two clingers.

R-User!

Biglesworth23 said:
I feel like I'm the only one in the world (besides my wife and my one high school teacher from a few years back) who actually enjoys the Matrix sequels. And actually enjoys them more than the original. ~shrugs~ Especially Matrix Reloaded. Freeway sequence > all.

Didn't read the article (way too f'in long), but I don't really see a problem with the whole transgender thing and such. One of my best friends is doing it, and it's the hardest thing he/she has ever had to do in their life.. but I fully support it. :)

Your are not the only one in the world. I too enjoy the Matrix Sequels as much as I enjoyed the first Matrix.
In some cases more but overall I really like the Trilogy as a whole, and I don't like to single out one as being better than the other, because they are, afterall, a trilogy, and each part is integral to the other two. ;)

It's a trick!

R-User! said:
Your are not the only one in the world. I too enjoy the Matrix Sequels as much as I enjoyed the first Matrix.
In some cases more but overall I really like the Trilogy as a whole, and I don't like to single out one as being better than the other, because they are, afterall, a trilogy, and each part is integral to the other two. ;)

It's a trick!

Me and my wife are also in the same boat. We can't believe the way people trash this trilogy, more specificly, its sequels as much as they do

Your either a fan or you aren't I guess

UNDERSTAR

Banned
Flynn said:
I kind of dig the new pictures of Lana and her parents. After Speed Racer nearly all is forgiven.
Speed Racer restored my faith with those two but Ninja Assassin on the other hand......

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
DanielPlainview said:
How am I just hearing about this now?

http://www.cinematical.com/2009/12/08/stop-calling-them-the-wachowski-brothers/

never knew this, crazy.
I'm not sure this guy has much ground to stand on. It is confusing. They were credited as The Wachowski Brothers on Speed Racer which was long after this whole thing began. So I think it's bullshit to claim it's clear that that terminology shouldn't be used. And for producing credits she's still using Larry. So do we call her what people who know her do or do we use the credit? I'm inclined to stick with the public credits.

I'm pretty sure this bit from the article:

"Then Lana came out as a woman, even holding a press conference for the official announcement,"

is 100% false. AFAIK the Wachowskis have never publicly commented on these rumors either way and their associates have always denied them.

Wasn't this confirmed as false soon after it 'broke'? I remember an article from at least one of the big news outlets (I think Fox) with some producer saying that it was fake.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Dan said:
I'm not sure this guy has much ground to stand on. It is confusing. They were credited as The Wachowski Brothers on Speed Racer which was long after this whole thing began. So I think it's bullshit to claim it's clear that that terminology shouldn't be used. And for producing credits she's still using Larry. So do we call her what people who know her do or do we use the credit? I'm inclined to stick with the public credits.

Really it's not like he'll come punching you in the face you know.

LARRY LARRY LARRY LARRY LARRY LARRY LARRY!

optimiss said:
Congrats to her! Anyone one know who makes her red shorts? I want!!!

A Chinese most likely.

optimiss

It happened today. Arriana Huffington posted the pics of Lana and Larry with their parents on her Twitter.

jett

D-Member
optimiss said:
It happened today. Arriana Huffington posted the pics of Lana and Larry with their parents on her Twitter.

So what? He's been crossdressing for years.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
wtf they are making a movie about Iraq, in the future?

Dead said:
I dont think its a rumour anymore
There are some people who have sex changes and you can say "yeah, they probably should've been a woman in the first place," and some where you look at it and say "dear God, why?" He/She falls into the latter (though maybe that God-awful hair style that screams mid-life crisis has something to do with it).

Might hit.

optimiss

I AM JOHN! said:
...that God-awful hair style that screams mid-life crisis...

That is sooo common with transwomen when we first transition. We want to experience things we missed out on not having grown up as a female. I hear it wears off eventually...

pj

Banned
If we all agree to call him a her, can we then start making fun of her for being a 44 year old woman dressing like a 17 year old goth retard?

I AM JOHN! said:
There are some people who have sex changes and you can say "yeah, they probably should've been a woman in the first place," and some where you look at it and say "dear God, why?" He/She falls into the latter (though maybe that God-awful hair style that screams mid-life crisis has something to do with it).

That's weird I never say that about anyone ???????

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
RiskyChris said:
I usually am sad that they can't pass better but am super happy that they are living their dream. =3

Nods.. it sucks not being able to pass but it doesnt really matter when you can feel comfortable with yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom