• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mystery of Larry Wachowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope their next film is another original work. I know many hated the Matrix sequels but I enjoyed them and I hope they still have more stories to tell.

I'm happy to see them working again. After the Speed Racer bomb, I was pretty worried about them, that surely couldn't have been well for their career.

Oh and...Reloaded >>> Revolutions, by quite a wide margin.

mollipen

So, honestly, the entire confusion around this situation is pretty ridiculous. Coming out as transgender and admitting that you're considering transitioning is a hell of a thing to do, especially when you're in the public spotlight, but if that is now for sure the situation (and hell, I'm still a bit confused really), her wishy-washiness about everything just made things worse, not better. Being so back-and-forth and uncommitted on answers isn't the kind of image you want to portray to people of how trans folk are.

As hard as it might be, be proud of who you are and admit to it. Yeah, she's in the public eye, but she's also got enough money to not have to worry about how to survive while transitioning, something most TG folks don't have the luxury of. Plus, unlike the gay community, trans folks have little to nobody to look to as examples of well-known people who are trans.

mollipen

Blakero said:
Looks like his next movie should be called............................

The DomiMATRIX

Zinger accomplished.

Except your pun has nothing to do with anything relating to this story.

Buckethead said:
2yvlykk.jpg

No pictures = GAF fail.
Or perhaps image host fail.
Wait. Is this Lana Wachowski or Kate plus 8?

border

So does this make Lana/Larry the most famous transsexual ever? (Aside from the ones that are famous strictly for being transsexuals, like RuPaul)

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
border said:
So does this make Lana/Larry the most famous transsexual ever? (Aside from the ones that are famous strictly for being transsexuals, like RuPaul)

In terms of general public awareness, pretty much.

edit: then again, most people dont know about it as far as i can tell. Shes definitely one of the highest profile thats for sure.

So what about the movie? I read here that it could be an adaptation of David Mitchell's Cloud Atlas. If this is true...holy mother of shit.

Btw on her looks, she seems perpetually stuck in 1999 late cyberpunk craze and I fully understand where she's coming from.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, definitely want to know more about this project.
Speculation suggests they were only shooting test footage.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Sickboy007 said:
So what about the movie? I read here that it could be an adaptation of David Mitchell's Cloud Atlas. If this is true...holy mother of shit.
Unclear. Tom Tykwer was also involved in that one, and I'm not sure it was ever clarified what each was doing on it. Plus, Huffington's description of the shoot doesn't really jive with that.

Dan said:
Unclear. Tom Tykwer was also involved in that one, and I'm not sure it was ever clarified what each was doing on it. Plus, Huffington's description of the shoot doesn't really jive with that.

Didn't know about Tykwer, I really liked Lola run and especially Perfume, I believed it was unfilmable before seeing it, but I feel Cloud Atlas resonates better with the Wachowskis. I could be wrong again.

Regarding the shoot, they may have added a story or maybe moved the korean chapter in iraq. And given the theme of the book that wouldn't really change a lick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom