• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NEW Streets of Rage!

RAIDEN1

Years in the making, version 5.2 has been released even better than before, massive amount of customization, this is pretty much Streets of Rage 5 in all but name, and just reminds you it remains a mystery to this day why Sega decided not make an enhanced Streets of Rage not only for the Sega CD, but also for the Saturn and their last-swan-song the Dreamcast...

fart town usa

Gold Member
Sega Lord X always comes correct. Great channel.

As for Sega not making a SOR for the Saturn, they were actively trying to make new IPs for the Saturn and wanted to kind of distance themselves from older IPs.

Why? Who the hell knows (lol), definitely didn't work in their favor but that rationale is documented somewhere.

Thankfully that mindset brought us Panzer Dragoon though.

Last edited:

Catphish

Years in the making, version 5.2 has been released even better than before, massive amount of customization, this is pretty much Streets of Rage 5 in all but name, and just reminds you it remains a mystery to this day why Sega decided not make an enhanced Streets of Rage not only for the Sega CD, but also for the Saturn and their last-swan-song the Dreamcast...

I wants

RAIDEN1

Sega Lord X always comes correct. Great channel.

As for Sega not making a SOR for the Saturn, they were actively trying to make new IPs for the Saturn and wanted to kind of distance themselves from older IPs.

Why? Who the hell knows (lol), definitely didn't work in their favor but that rationale is documented somewhere.

Thankfully that mindset brought us Panzer Dragoon though.
Fair enough but it wasn't exactly that Streets of Rage was ancient by 1995...imagine the game with some sprite-scaling enhanced audio, added animated FMV, I mean if they could bring Shinobi there then why not Streets of Rage?

fart town usa

Gold Member
Fair enough but it wasn't exactly that Streets of Rage was ancient by 1995...imagine the game with some sprite-scaling enhanced audio, added animated FMV, I mean if they could bring Shinobi there then why not Streets of Rage?
Oh for sure. The Saturn's capabilities for 2D gaming was so damn good, they could have made the ultimate SOR experience on it.

SeraphJan

I played the heck out of 5.1

One of the best fan project, better than the original, awesome remix soundtrack

Last edited:
Top Bottom