• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The next RE Remake....

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
RE's world has a coherent enough story/world, at least in the originals and up to 5.
I would argue that there was no game connecting RE3 to RE4, like RE2 connected to RE3 story and character arcs-wise. We don't have it now either and there is a 50/50 chance that it'll happen again.
Can no fiction be taken seriously if it has unrealistic elements? That cuts out all science fiction and anything approaching magic.
It can be, but it's not about RE, well,... for me at least:messenger_relieved:
They’ll just censor her magnificent boobies though ☹️
Excella's boobies are a the very bottom of my list of concerns in regards to RE5 remake. I all a want from RE5 is for them to completely rework the game into something worthy of RE name and core design of the best games in the series including modern Remakes.
If they remake CV how are they going to handle this badass

latest
He needs to be killed in the most horrible way possible at the very first second of the intro cutscene. No one's going to cry.

Sleepwalker

I feel the need to comment on people bringing up RE6 being the 2nd best selling game in the series. RE6 was not a big success for Capcom. The budget for that game was a lot higher than RE5, and they were expecting massive sales. It did have good sales at launch, but after word of mouth got out, it quickly lost it's momentum. More than half of RE6's sales are from when the game dropped in price. Right now RE6 is the 2nd highest selling game, but it also has the benefit of releasing 5 years before the Resident Evil Renaissance began with RE7. The last report we got from RE7's sales was 11.7 million. I expect some RE games that came out between 2017 - 2023 to eventually surpass RE6's lifetime sales, and that's probably happening soon if it hasn't already, because we don't know what the digital sales are.

https://www.destructoid.com/resident-evil-6-fails-to-meet-sales-projections-again/

This is part of why I'd be surprised if they actually remade RE6. It's the black sheep of the series, and not a fond memory for Capcom. On top of that, RE5 is the game that wrapped up the storylines with Wesker, Umbrella, Spencer, and the Plagas virus. RE6 was an attempt to begin a new arc, but after that fell flat on it's face, the series went through a heavy course correction and the rest was history.
I think RE6 will be remade (rebooted?) into something else entirely, but it's definitely coming IMO, They could use it as a way to tie in the "world status" into RE7.

Sleepwalker

Gets a bit silly the closer we get to recent numbers. 5 is the last they can get away with without it being ridiculous. 6 was hardly their best title, but it's way too new to remake. Unless of course it's all been a grand scheme to rewrite 6 after 7 did so well as a fresh start and 6 is them closing the circle they started with 2.
This is what I think they are doing, they are "rewriting" the modern timeline going forward. So the OG 1-6, CV, 0 and the spinoffs would be the legacy timeline, which concluded with 6 or whatever spin off takes place at the most forward point in the future. The current RE engine timeline we will have everything tied up into 7 and Village with a remake of 1 (again), 5 and a big rewrite of 6.

Resident Evil 5 will take some work to bring it in line with the most recent remakes but 6 would be on a completely different scale. They would need to basically rebuild that game from scratch. Could be done but it would probably take as much work as Resident Evil 9. I think it would be better to perhaps see a remake of the Devil May Cry Series. 2 especially needs a remake.

Gorgon

remove Coop, remove "coop doors", redesign the level structure to fit solo play. that should fix the game
if they keep Coop a thing, they should not make it so you run around with an AI in single player. they should make it so that Sheva only comes in at certain points and supports you from the roof of a building or something.

No.

Drizzlehell

Banned
This is what I wrote in the survey's "what do you want to see remade next?" section.
Resident Evil 2002 remake but in third person like the most recent remakes of 2, 3, and 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil Survivor as a VR exclusive

Honestly, I don't get what people see in Code Veronica that isn't some rose tinted glasses nostalgia. I never played it then, and I don't particularly want to now. I only watched a playthrough of it on stream once and it looked kinda penis.

Gorgon

I'd say no matter what they're going for in RE5R, first thing they need to do is completely remove co-op and make Wesker more like Nicholai, but with a lot more added screentime and interaction in cut-scenes. There should be no direct fights with him as he and Nicholai are at their best when they're ruining your plans, always one step ahead and only periodically showing up here and there at crucial moments. If Wesker needs to go at some point by our hands one way or the other, it should be similar to how RE3 did it for Nicholai without direct gameplay and combat confrontation - Krauser-like mutation also not gonna cut it in any way shape or form, so fuck that too.

No, what they need is to fix it. Playing the entire campaign with the option of inviting a friend to take over Sheva at any moment is great. It just needs to be done right without having to babysit a NPC in a shooter game context, which again is not an unsourmounted problem in gaming or something.

This is what I wrote in the survey's "what do you want to see remade next?" section.

Honestly, I don't get what people see in Code Veronica that isn't some rose tinted glasses nostalgia. I never played it then, and I don't particularly want to now. I only watched a playthrough of it on stream once and it looked kinda penis.
At the time I thought it was pretty good. Didn't do anything new just felt like classic RE.

The amount of content at the time was alot more than previous RE games. Obviously it had the whole next gen graphics. It was the first fully 3D rendered RE game so maybe they could do interesting things with the camera they couldn't before.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Last edited:

Apocryphon

I said RE1R in the vein of RE2R with a solid balance between horror and action. Maybe combine Jill and Rebecca’s stories from RE0 and RE1 into a single game.

RE3R was too restrictive and I only found the first 2 hours in the city and the sewers to be enjoyable. I didn’t like playing as Carlos and exploring the RPD as him felt hollow.

Code Veronica is due for remake, but I think they would need to bin or redesign Steve. Claire is a solid character, but Steve’s visual design and performance was awful and is extremely dated.

I’d take redesigned Outbreak games provided that there was a solid solo component.

RE5 & 6 were weak and would take a lot of work to fix. These wouldn’t be that interesting to me without major changes.

Loved everything about RE7, hated everything about Village.

Alan Wake

Code Veronica is due for remake, but I think they would need to bin or redesign Steve. Claire is a solid character, but Steve’s visual design and performance was awful and is extremely dated.
They can do that without a doubt. They have made some changes to both characters and environments in the remakes so far, so changing Steve wouldn't be a big deal. They can also cut areas, add some new ones and so on. As long as they keep that iconic intro.

yjWbUdc.jpg

After what they did with 4 they can make whatever the fuck they want
Absolutely gorgeous remake and amazing game they made
Will buy for sure

Phase

I'd rather studios put all their effort into new games, instead of wasting time with experiences we've already had just to make money. It stagnates everything. Maybe they need to fund those new games with something they know will make money, but it's beyond that nowadays. We don't need whole series' to be remade.

Top Bottom