• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nioh Collection announced for PS5. 4K 120FPS

Outrunner

Damn!

For those of you who are looking to continue your demon slaying journey in Nioh 2 onto PlayStation 5 from your PlayStation 4, there are two upgrade routes for you to take***:

• Players that own Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition on PS4 can upgrade to Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition on PS5 at no additional cost.
  • Players that own Nioh 2 on PS4 can upgrade to the base game – Nioh 2 Remastered on PS5, and receive the PS5 version of any DLC expansions they own on PS4.
Upgrades for disc copies of PS4 versions are only available if you have a PlayStation 5 console with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive***. To obtain your upgrade, you will need to insert your PS4 game disc into your PlayStation 5 console with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive, navigate to the Game Hub and select the upgrade offer to download the corresponding digital PS5 remastered version of the game, which you can then play while your PS4 disc is in the drive.

Japanese Physical package:

EmtPdx1WEAIGfkC

Last edited:

Outrunner

Stop being salty idiots and open the links, god dammit.

For those of you who are looking to continue your demon slaying journey in Nioh 2 onto PlayStation 5 from your PlayStation 4, there are two upgrade routes for you to take***:

• Players that own Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition on PS4 can upgrade to Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition on PS5 at no additional cost.
  • Players that own Nioh 2 on PS4 can upgrade to the base game – Nioh 2 Remastered on PS5, and receive the PS5 version of any DLC expansions they own on PS4.
Upgrades for disc copies of PS4 versions are only available if you have a PlayStation 5 console with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive***. To obtain your upgrade, you will need to insert your PS4 game disc into your PlayStation 5 console with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive, navigate to the Game Hub and select the upgrade offer to download the corresponding digital PS5 remastered version of the game, which you can then play while your PS4 disc is in the drive.

Raimond

I have the original Nioh on PS4, but the complete edition. It looks like no upgrade path for me.

But I wanted to wait for Nioh 2 complete edition like I did for the original, so this might be the way for me.

Shit. I was really looking forward to get back into it with the release of the last DLC in December. Especially with the unlocked cinematic mode on PS5.

Now I’ll just wait for the upgrade.

Reactions: Isa

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Shit. I was really looking forward to get back into it with the release of the last DLC in December. Especially with the unlocked cinematic mode on PS5.

Now I’ll just wait for the upgrade.

Why wait? Movie mode now runs at a locked 4k/60fps on PS5 already?

Blood Borne

Game of the year 2020, Nioh 2, is coming to PS5

LINK

On February 5 2021, the following titles will be simultaneously released to celebrate the four year anniversary of the Nioh franchise:

• Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition (available on PlayStation 4)
  • Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition (available on PlayStation 5)
  • Nioh Remastered – The Complete Edition (available on PlayStation 5)
  • The Nioh Collection (available on PlayStation 5)

Gandih42

Awesome news. Finished the original Nioh and all it's DLC earlier this year and been waiting for a slot in my backlog to start Nioh 2.

For anyone who didn't play the first Nioh and enjoy the Souls games, I can highly recommend it. Just be aware that it l actually has some significant differences and requires a different mindset to really love. But if you dig in, there's plenty of challenging combat and a neat loot game that starts opening up later on.

Now I can safely wait with Nioh 2 until the PS5 version with all the DLC releases. By then I'll hopefully have one of the bloody machines.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

If you purchase a digital copy of PS4 versions of the game, you can simply navigate to the Game Hub on your PS5 console and select the upgrade offer to download the corresponding PS5 remastered version. Note: you will need to log into your PS5 console with the same PlayStation Network account that you were using when you purchased the PS4 versions of the game.

Please note that Nioh 2 Remastered as well as the Nioh 2 DLC expansions for PS5 are not available for individual purchase.

Last edited:

FranXico

How long do you think they're going to just chuck remasters at the consoles?
Upgrade for both Nioh and Nioh 2, hardly a problem in that case.

Edit: only completely free for one edition in one of them, it requires the DLC in any case.

Last edited:

Aggelos

DLCs on disc? 🙏
It seems so since it's a Complete Edition.

"Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition will allow players to experience the comprehensive Nioh 2 story, including all three of the downloadable content expansions on their PlayStation 4 consoles."

sackings

boys if you havent dived into these games yet, you are in for a treat. 1000+ hours poured into these 2 games. If you arent into min/maxing and grinding though its probably not for you

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
How long do you think they're going to just chuck remasters at the consoles?
They literally did it all last gen. It’ll last another gen, and then PS6 launch we’ll get Bloodborne at 60fps and Elden Ring 4k/60fps and the cycle continues.

Mimimum effort, maximum profit. It’s how you keep the shareholders happy.

Stuart360

Gold Member
If thats 'native' 4k/120, thats actually very impressive for PS5, because isnt the 60fps mode on PS4 only 720p?

Mega_Deth

Was the Nioh 2 Complete Edition exclusive to Japan? I am assuming the second option for upgrade(owning the non-complete edition on PS4) is free also?

jaysius

Banned
The remastering continues, these games barely came out, and both look very serviceable, the action is so fast you barely have time to look at the graphics.

This stealing money from lazy quick remasters is getting real dumb real fast.

Frankly I'm excited for the half year REMASTER of these REMASTERS.

Soon we'll see a remaster of RDR 2.

I guess the games industry has gotten REAL lazy, but it's probably not going to hurt them as gamers love to "brag" about "double-dips" aka "I don't need money just take this filthy shit".

Last edited:

scydrex

The remastering continues, these games barely came out, and both look very serviceable, the action is so fast you barely have time to look at the graphics.

This stealing money from lazy quick remasters is getting real dumb real fast.

Frankly I'm excited for the half year REMASTER of these REMASTERS.

Soon we'll see a remaster of RDR 2.

I guess the games industry has gotten REAL lazy, but it's probably not going to hurt them as gamers love to "brag" about "double-dips" aka "I don't need money just take this filthy shit".

Last edited:
Top Bottom