• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nioh Collection announced for PS5. 4K 120FPS

bender

What time is it?
Ohh man I have like 700 hours in Nioh 2...I've been trying to get out of the game and now they do this...

No matter how hard you try, how fast you run, you'll never escape.

tenor.gif

Mr Hyde

I have Nioh 1 on digital but a collection sounds awesome to own. Got tired of the game though, even if it had some awesome bosses and levels. Too repetitive and pointless loot. I hope the second one address some of that. Either way, cool games to have in the collection. I'm buying.

HarryKS

Even being a huge From Software fan I just couldn’t get into these games. I don’t know why. I tried multiple times and it just didn’t stick.

Hopefully being 4K cleans up the image, because those edges look like chainsaw teeth.

That's not From Software though. It has its own distinct personality. It's closer to a Ninja Gaiden than a Souls.

The revenant system is better than Souls' in terms of how it can provide help.

But again, very different.

poodaddy

Gold Member
Not having your games locked/walled behind an online store/DRM client with some account management. As I have already stated some posts above. But I see that my statement begins to derail the thread, for that I am sorry.
You shouldn't apologize. You explained yourself well and you're entitled to your opinion. I don't see how your statement was a derail at all, just minor side conversation. You have nothing to apologize for brethren :).

poodaddy

Gold Member
Wow. I genuinely didn't expect such kindness. (I mean that for real, not sarcastically or something). Thank's man.
We've gotta be good to each other brother. Not being an echo chamber is what I like about this forum, ya know? We're allowed to disagree and see different perspectives without being banned, canceled, or insulted, and I just don't see the point in being negative about discussion or dissent when dissent is, ultimately, a very good thing. Have a great day brother, and thank you for the compliment :D.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I know it’s not From. Nioh does its own thing, no doubt, but the influence is undeniable.

Its not so strong in Nioh 2. The collect your xp at the point you dropped it element is still there but its watered-down significantly as a thing you have to consider thanks to a bunch of mechanics. The whole ki/stamina management aspect is a lot more involved as well, and the addition of anima as an additional resource is also really impacting.

The critics really undersold how different the sequel plays. Its superficially the same system but the details are different, and its a very detail orientated system if you dig into it.

Last edited:
Good thing i already have too many games to play and was gonna wait to play my newly purchased Nioh 2 anyway. not really losing anything by not getting the PC version

Holy shit. Play these games, people! Nioh is a classic.
Not so Souls like where it's excruciatingly difficult, it's actiony enough and has enough content to be actually fun for me.

Unfortunately he says :messenger_grinning_squinting:
Nothing wrong with what he said, it doesn't need to be fully exclusive but it would've been nice if it were, we shouldn't be surprised though... aside from the Nintendo Warriors games, Koei Tecmo games always come to PC.

Last edited:
Those are not remasters, those are "higher-end settings" versions. The confusion is one of the reason why they keep milking it.
It's a port, as long as it's not being labeled a remaster what's the problem? Might as well start yelling at Valve for putting all of those retro games on Steam, I don't get the hate for ports and remasters or remakes.

RedVIper

Banned
It's a game walled behind an online account/DRM client.

I know I am in the minority and I know that most physical PC games I buy are bound to Steam but I just crack those/download a repack such that I don't have to bother with all that account stuff.
But that's just me. I know that many PC gamers love Steam.

Steam is still much better than most other stores, except GOG I guess. And I love their support for linux, Proton has made Linux gaming an actual thing.

Hudo

Steam is still much better than most other stores, except GOG I guess. And I love their support for linux, Proton has made Linux gaming an actual thing.
That's really cool that you like it and you are right, Valve are doing at least something good on occasion with Proton. But Steam is still a DRM client that walls off your access to games.

Isa

Gold Member
I'm pretty pumped for this, I'll be holding off until then. Its among my favorite of 2020, it has features and game design that I really miss since I've been going through Demon's Souls. It has the better Character Creator and not having to be invaded is very nice. I really like being able to play my own way. Funny that it comes out on my B-Day.

sandkiller

Haven't played Nioh (even though I have a tshirt of it - long story). Gameplay-wise is this more similar to Souls or GoW?

RedVIper

Banned
That's really cool that you like it and you are right, Valve are doing at least something good on occasion with Proton. But Steam is still a DRM client that walls off your access to games.

A DRM that I can crack myself. But I get your point.

Soodanim

Its more of the same, but bit better in every reagrd. However if you didnt fall in love with 1 just skip 2.
Love? I nearly put a ring on it. But after I finished the base story I got too annoyed at the first DLC boss being cheap, then I did a couple NG+ missions and hit a wall. In a a near instant I lost all desire to play the game again.

I did hear there’s a nice new weapon type in 2.

ManaByte

Anyone able to upgrade to the PS5 versions?

Only option on PSN is to buy the PS5 version even if you have the complete editions for PS4.

Anyone able to upgrade to the PS5 versions?

Only option on PSN is to buy the PS5 version even if you have the complete editions for PS4.
Try the app, I could upgrade through the app.
IMG-0149.png

I was able to upgrade 2 hours before launch through the App. Don't forget to also add the DLC for the PS5 version to your account again.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
is the game fun ? for a diablo 3 fan>
not sure about the difficulty in this game..
is it like souls?

Jokerevo

Banned
Even being a huge From Software fan I just couldn’t get into these games. I don’t know why. I tried multiple times and it just didn’t stick.

Hopefully being 4K cleans up the image, because those edges look like chainsaw teeth.
That's weird because FROM are not gfx guys they are about gameplay so for me Nioh is literally like a love letter to FROM or a homage. They've basically copied everything from souls and then added their own layers. The combat stances alone elevate this game beyond Souls in terms of build craft...two different weapons, stances, play entirely light style for fast hits or chain into heavy hits...incredibly deep.

Sw0pDiller

Dang! If I just buy the first nioh digital. Can I download the remastered version for free? Of does it only come in the collection. Always wanted to try this game cus I loved sekiro and the bloodsouls games.

j0hnnix

Try the app, I could upgrade through the app.
IMG-0149.png

I was able to upgrade 2 hours before launch through the App. Don't forget to also add the DLC for the PS5 version to your account again.
I wonder if this is only for digital(upgrade through app). just tried and I am unable to and I have the disc version of Nioh 2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom