• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

lethu

Neo Member
Hello there, I am "lethu", I am pretty fresh around here. And by the way:

shipment-of-fail.jpg

TrueLegend

Hi, fellow gamers. Finally, the account is Approved. I can stop lurking now. Hope I can make a few friends here to play coop games with at some point. Looking forward to fighting over opinions, hypotheses and posting dank memes for the spice of life. I come from a very humble background but I believe in witty remarks and civil conversations rather than flamewars and politics. So yeah I am just.......ANOTHER ONE

PensivePangolin

Neo Member
Hello, all. I am a relatively new gamer, mostly play on PC, and I am really into the whole "boomer shooter" trend right now.
Kinda intrigued by the way this forum slowly onboards ppl, I hope I can gain all your trust!

Kev Kev

Hello,
It says I can't post on the Gaming Discussion forum. Why is that? When will that change?

Thanks.
ZDbVAc.gif

Hi members, both new and old. ;)

We've set this imaginatively titled thread up as a friendly, welcoming space for people to just say "Hi" and maybe share a few words about themselves. This was my introduction from the thread we created for staff members, it doesn't need to be anything of that size though, anything would be great.

Maybe tell us what sort of games you like, what games your looking forward to, what non-gaming things you're interested in and maybe even a little bit about your choice of avatar.

REMINDER: THE DEFAULT AVATARS WILL BE REMOVED SHORTLY SO YOU'LL NEED TO UPLOAD ONE VIA YOUR ACCOUNT AT THE VERY TOP OF THE PAGE OR REQUEST A CUSTOM AVATAR HERE - Official NeoGAF Avatar Request Thread (work in progress)
We actually have several hundred brand new members that have just been joined up (Neophytes), I've added a few links below so that newer members can find their way to threads that may be of use to them.

------------------------------
BASIC MEMBERSHIP TYPES

There are three main types of membership on NeoGAF which I'll give a brief overview on below. You may also see other types of members in the community but these are the "standard" membership types.

Neophytes - The absolute newest of members.
  • Unable to create new threads. (Neophytes can now request to have a thread created on their behalf, follow this link for details.)
  • Unable to send messages using the NeoGAF messaging service. Able to receive messages though.
  • Unable to edit own posts after five minutes.
  • All posts are unpublished until a member of staff validates and publishes the posts.
  • Unable to enter NeoGAF Giveaways.

Neo Members - Have been seen to contribute positively to the forum.
  • Unable to create new threads.

Members - Have demonstrated a sustained positive contribution to the forum.
  • No member restrictions.

Although number of posts are also a factor in people moving from one type of membership to another, the reason we're not listing specifics is because it isn't solely based on that so somebody who has contributed positively could well be moved earlier than somebody with twice as many posts. Don't spam posts and expect to be moved earlier because it's very easy for the move to be delayed if we see that you're having a negative effect of the community.

Although being a full Member is permanent, in the general sense, it is possible for people to have rights removed if its deemed fit by the team. This would be unusual but it certainly isn't unheard of.

As some may already have noticed, we now have a Giveaways Tab at the top of the page, we're currently hosting our first giveaway and it's very much a work in progress but each individual giveaway can be set with a required minimum membership level rather than there being an overall requirement, so it's always worth checking there. Neophytes will not normally be able to enter though but as this one is a bit of test run for us, it is actually possible.

If you are a Neophyte and are wanting to contact staff for something and it isn't appropriate to use the Report Function (Reporting inappropriate posts) or the Error Reporting & Feedbackthread then you are able to do this using the Contact Us tab at the very bottom of the page or by using this email address - support@neogaf.com

Although you may find that you have more or less privileges than other members with different membership types, it doesn't mean that one type of member has authority over other members, it's not a rank and should never be treated as such.

------------------------------​

Welcome to all members and thank you all for your contributions here, there's been a lot of support from the community here recently and we all hope that the you will lead by example for the new people rather than just relying on us to tell people what to do.

giphy.gif

USEFULL THREADS

FEEL FREE TO USE THESE THREADS, THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR.​

MOD NOTE - For your first post dont just put "Hi" or "Hey" or "Yo" or something. We get a lot of bots so to distinguish please make your first post at least a sentence to show you arent a robot. And we can learn more about you that way! Thank you.

T0minator

Hello hello hello! I'm new to Neogaf. I haven't been a member on a gaming thread since 2001. So it's been awhile!

I've been gaming since the Sega Genesis and SNES days ...but really got into gaming during the whole PS1 era.

PlayStation has been my go to consoles..but I've also played the Xbox best games over the years as well as what Nintendo has offered . Glad to be here 👍🏼

Hi members, both new and old. ;)

We've set this imaginatively titled thread up as a friendly, welcoming space for people to just say "Hi" and maybe share a few words about themselves. This was my introduction from the thread we created for staff members, it doesn't need to be anything of that size though, anything would be great.

Maybe tell us what sort of games you like, what games your looking forward to, what non-gaming things you're interested in and maybe even a little bit about your choice of avatar.

REMINDER: THE DEFAULT AVATARS WILL BE REMOVED SHORTLY SO YOU'LL NEED TO UPLOAD ONE VIA YOUR ACCOUNT AT THE VERY TOP OF THE PAGE OR REQUEST A CUSTOM AVATAR HERE - Official NeoGAF Avatar Request Thread (work in progress)
We actually have several hundred brand new members that have just been joined up (Neophytes), I've added a few links below so that newer members can find their way to threads that may be of use to them.

------------------------------
BASIC MEMBERSHIP TYPES

There are three main types of membership on NeoGAF which I'll give a brief overview on below. You may also see other types of members in the community but these are the "standard" membership types.

Neophytes - The absolute newest of members.
  • Unable to create new threads. (Neophytes can now request to have a thread created on their behalf, follow this link for details.)
  • Unable to send messages using the NeoGAF messaging service. Able to receive messages though.
  • Unable to edit own posts after five minutes.
  • All posts are unpublished until a member of staff validates and publishes the posts.
  • Unable to enter NeoGAF Giveaways.

Neo Members - Have been seen to contribute positively to the forum.
  • Unable to create new threads.

Members - Have demonstrated a sustained positive contribution to the forum.
  • No member restrictions.

Although number of posts are also a factor in people moving from one type of membership to another, the reason we're not listing specifics is because it isn't solely based on that so somebody who has contributed positively could well be moved earlier than somebody with twice as many posts. Don't spam posts and expect to be moved earlier because it's very easy for the move to be delayed if we see that you're having a negative effect of the community.

Although being a full Member is permanent, in the general sense, it is possible for people to have rights removed if its deemed fit by the team. This would be unusual but it certainly isn't unheard of.

As some may already have noticed, we now have a Giveaways Tab at the top of the page, we're currently hosting our first giveaway and it's very much a work in progress but each individual giveaway can be set with a required minimum membership level rather than there being an overall requirement, so it's always worth checking there. Neophytes will not normally be able to enter though but as this one is a bit of test run for us, it is actually possible.

If you are a Neophyte and are wanting to contact staff for something and it isn't appropriate to use the Report Function (Reporting inappropriate posts) or the Error Reporting & Feedbackthread then you are able to do this using the Contact Us tab at the very bottom of the page or by using this email address - support@neogaf.com

Although you may find that you have more or less privileges than other members with different membership types, it doesn't mean that one type of member has authority over other members, it's not a rank and should never be treated as such.

------------------------------​

Welcome to all members and thank you all for your contributions here, there's been a lot of support from the community here recently and we all hope that the you will lead by example for the new people rather than just relying on us to tell people what to do.

giphy.gif

USEFULL THREADS

FEEL FREE TO USE THESE THREADS, THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR.​

MOD NOTE - For your first post dont just put "Hi" or "Hey" or "Yo" or something. We get a lot of bots so to distinguish please make your first post at least a sentence to show you arent a robot. And we can learn more about you that way! Thank you.
Hello everyone!

The name's Oblong Yellow and board gaming has always been a hobby that I love. Recently, I've been interested in modern games as well as gateway games and card games. I can't wait to discover more games here, hope I get to learn a new game or two every now and then.

As for non-gaming things, I guess you could call me a sushi-holic. Some like chips while they play games, but I love a good tuna maki and ahi cups while playing my favorite games.

Can't wait to see what games are out here!

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Hello everyone!

The name's Oblong Yellow and board gaming has always been a hobby that I love. Recently, I've been interested in modern games as well as gateway games and card games. I can't wait to discover more games here, hope I get to learn a new game or two every now and then.

As for non-gaming things, I guess you could call me a sushi-holic. Some like chips while they play games, but I love a good tuna maki and ahi cups while playing my favorite games.

Can't wait to see what games are out here!
Hello! :messenger_beaming:

sushi roll GIF

LimanimaPT

Hi there.
I started gaming in a ZX Spectrum a long time ago, but I still have interest in video games. I don't play anymore, but I still like to follow news and technical advancements and develop games from time to time.
Nowadays I only play VR games on PS, which I find it to be a fantastic "new" medium. Resident Evil 7 was such a great experience.. Playing games on a flat screen doesn't make sense for me anymore.
I'm really looking forward for PS VR2.

Hello everyone, GeekGuyWithGlasses here :)

For the longest time Ive been lurking on Neogaf but I figured, it might be as good time as ever to actually join in the community and become actual member.

I myself am a gamer by heart, I love video games in many genres and style, even if by heart I have a soft spot for retro titles (being a 90-s kid that I am, haha). I love music and literature, in terms of music Im a sucker for alternative / lofi genres both as background music and both as music for relaxation purposes.

I consider myself to be an all-around person who likes to partake in dicussions and in constructive debates, Im not afraid to get my opinion being challenged by others and see both sides of an argument.

I hope to be able to get to know many of you in the future and possibly make new friends as well :)

catvonpee

My name is Mike. I am from Pennsylvania and I have been playing games since the early eighties. My first memory of playing a video game was playing Gun Fight at my cousin's house.

I mostly enjoy single-player console games am I am grateful games have become what they are today.

I think my favorite game of all-time is probably RE4. If I had to pick just one. Recent favorites include Zombie Army 4, Red Dead 2. The last game I played for longer than a couple hours was Maneater on Gamepass. I played Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 recently too, but I thought it was just okay.

I am really looking forward to Flight Sim on Series X, Aliens: Fireteam (or whatever they are calling it now), Avowed, Starfield, the next Fallout game, (I am pretending Elder Scrolls no longer exists because the wait is going to be forever), the next Sniper Elite game, and like probably twenty or so others.

I don't have a PS5 but I am looking forward to Tlou part 3, Ghost of Tsushima 2, when the do a mid-cylce refresh and make a black box looking PS5PRO.

I work for a industrial contractor and my other hobbies include bi-polar binge spending, Japanese clothing and denim, cats, punk rock of the crusty metal variety, and functional alcoholism.

My xbl gamertag is catvonpee, and I am XHSjunkie on IG if you want to creep on me an see what I look like. (I am covered with tattoos).

Last edited:

ozzrik

Neo Member
Hello, Ozzrik here

I'm a graphic designer and I live in France. Passionate about video games since my childhood (a pretty long time ago). I'm lurking here since many years and I want to participate now.

I play (when I have time) many styles of games on allmost all systems (minus phone, I hate phone controls and motion gaming). I have a preference for pc when I have the choice. I like new games as well as retro.

My biggest probleme is now that I have the money for buying anything I want, I have to many work and responsibilities to play a lot 😅

Anyway, greetings to everyone 👍

Last edited:

ShinobiWan1

Hello, Ozzrik here

I'm a graphic designer and I live in France. Passionate about video games since my childhood (a pretty long time ago). I'm lurking here since many years and I want to participate now.

I play (when I have time) many styles of games on allmost all systems (minus phone, I hate phone controls and motion gaming). I have a preference for pc when I have the choice. I like new games as well as retro.

My biggest probleme is now that I have the money for buying anything I want, I have to many work and responsibilities to play a lot 😅

Anyway, greetings to everyone 👍

I know EXACTLY what you mean! No more time for anything!!

Lwohri

Neo Member
Hello! I am Lwohri.

Often dealing with region lock issues when trying to play MMOs (thanks, Korea), and hardware issues like weaker computer specs, as much as I'd love to play the games I want, I'm often finding myself stuff stuck playing mobile games at the moment.

But pleased to meet you all.

m(_ _)m

ShinobiWan1

Bonjour. I’m Atom Ant. Ontarian Trekkie and foodie working on getting a better autopilot lifestyle, and finding someone to love on (project in progress....)
Bonjour! I have a couple friends who do work for Star Trek, one of them since the TNG days! His name is John Eaves! One of his many contributions is that he designed the Enterprise E!

I don't speak French, but ma femme etudié le français. Enchanté!

Last edited:
My name is Mike. I am from Pennsylvania and I have been playing games since the early eighties. My first memory of playing a video game was playing Gun Fight at my cousin's house.

I mostly enjoy single-player console games am I am grateful games have become what they are today.

I think my favorite game of all-time is probably RE4. If I had to pick just one. Recent favorites include Zombie Army 4, Red Dead 2. The last game I played for longer than a couple hours was Maneater on Gamepass. I played Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 recently too, but I thought it was just okay.

I am really looking forward to Flight Sim on Series X, Aliens: Fireteam (or whatever they are calling it now), Avowed, Starfield, the next Fallout game, (I am pretending Elder Scrolls no longer exists because the wait is going to be forever), the next Sniper Elite game, and like probably twenty or so others.

I don't have a PS5 but I am looking forward to Tlou part 3, Ghost of Tsushima 2, when the do a mid-cylce refresh and make a black box looking PS5PRO.

I work for a industrial contractor and my other hobbies include bi-polar binge spending, Japanese clothing and denim, cats, punk rock of the crusty metal variety, and functional alcoholism.

My xbl gamertag is catvonpee, and I am XHSjunkie on IG if you want to creep on me an see what I look like. (I am covered with tattoos).
Cat snap!

Top Bottom