• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Hi all I'm new and all I can say is I love Videogames more than movies.
844363.jpg

Awesome avatar. :messenger_ok:

Pertusatto

Neo Member
Hi, GAF!

First of all, please forgive my kind of rusty english, it´s not my first language. My name is Daniel, I´m 44 (and with three kids!) and I can hardly believe I´m writing this at last. My first post at NeoGaf! I´ve been a lurker of this forum for around 13 years, I tried to be accepted as a member several times but didn´t make it. I think they were way too strict with that. Anyway, I used to check GAF every single day, and quite honestly the people there ended up becoming something of a second family to me, even when they didn´t know me at all. The level of discussion was really something (most of the time, at least). It was kind of sad that they went (well, most of them) away and created another forum. I´ve been checking Resetera from time to time but I have to say that I don´t like at all how political that forum has become, it´s crazy.

So glad to be here!

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Hi, GAF!

First of all, please forgive my kind of rusty english, it´s not my first language. My name is Daniel, I´m 44 (and with three kids!) and I can hardly believe I´m writing this at last. My first post at NeoGaf! I´ve been a lurker of this forum for around 13 years, I tried to be accepted as a member several times but didn´t make it. I think they were way too strict with that. Anyway, I used to check GAF every single day, and quite honestly the people there ended up becoming something of a second family to me, even when they didn´t know me at all. The level of discussion was really something (most of the time, at least). It was kind of sad that they went (well, most of them) away and created another forum. I´ve been checking Resetera from time to time but I have to say that I don´t like at all how political that forum has become, it´s crazy.

So glad to be here!
Welcome to the lions den Daniel. Only those with great faith get out alive.

dark_chris

Gold Member
Hello,
Been a part of Neogaf since 2005 (omg, its almost been 20 years... FUCK).
I enjoy reading novels, writing stories and poems, doing photography, playing games, tinkering with electronics, pet lover, volunteer for animals and people, learning world history and astronomy. Love gaming and movies. Addicted to FF14.
Live in Chicago, career in HR, worked for Google at some point, family oriented, been with my gf for 8+ years, and big fan of Chicago style pizza.

Pimpollo818

Allow me to reintroduce myself, my name is Hov...er, Ivan.

I like:
Enchiladas (enjitomatadas are my favorite)
Salsa Verde (tomatillos + serrano peppers)
Pozole
Bloodborne
Thumper
Paul Thomas Anderson (Punch Drunk Love, There Will Be Blood, Boogie Nights)
walking 15k steps a day
The Mars Volta
amateur photography with my DSLR

I dislike:
the eel from Super Mario 64
binge eating on snacks and ballooning back up to the 170-180s
not pursuing my dream jobs (photographer, writer, cook)

AJUMP23

Gold Member

I like:
Pozole
Bloodborne
Thumper
walking 15k steps a day
The Mars Volta

I dislike:
Welcome, share your photographs and your recipes.

I like:
Pozole
Bloodborne
Thumper
walking 15k steps a day
The Mars Volta

I dislike:

Welcome! I originally gave you a Like react, but then changed to an Empathy because of the bolded part. The snacking struggle is real, my man.

janemo223

Neo Member
I'm a newcomer, excited to be part of this community. I'm quite a fan of strategy and adventure games, currently waiting for the release of "Age of Empires IV". Apart from gaming, I'm keen on tech innovations. In fact, it's intriguing how search algorithms in gaming have evolved over time, improving player experiences. My avatar represents my love for all things tech. Looking forward to having exciting conversations and learning from everyone. Oh, and thanks for the heads up on the avatar - I'll get mine uploaded soon!

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I'm a newcomer, excited to be part of this community. I'm quite a fan of strategy and adventure games, currently waiting for the release of "Age of Empires IV". Apart from gaming, I'm keen on tech innovations. In fact, it's intriguing how search algorithms in gaming have evolved over time, improving player experiences. My avatar represents my love for all things tech. Looking forward to having exciting conversations and learning from everyone. Oh, and thanks for the heads up on the avatar - I'll get mine uploaded soon!
I have some good news, Age of Empires 4 is on gamepass now. I played it last year. Great campaigns.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
EviLore EviLore , Mod of War Mod of War , Faust Faust , DGrayson DGrayson , or any other mod/admin:

Is it possible for us to get a pinned Site Feedback thread that we can use? Every once and I while something annoys me, but I don't want to make a thread being nit-picky. There really isn't any place to post minor site-related issues.

As an example, I have NeoGAF Gold, and one of the "benefits" of this is that new posts automatically show up without having to refresh the page. The problem is that this doesn't just happen when you're on the last page of the thread, and sometimes it is confusing to read old posts, then read new posts, and then when you go to the next page you see the posts that new posts were responding to. Like I'm on page 1 where there are 50 posts, and there are two pages with 80 posts total. In this scenario, after I have read the first 50 posts, there are now 10 more posts that are actually people responding to posts 51-80 which I haven't even read yet. That's annoying.

But even more annoying than that is when I'm trying to read the posts, and then a new post comes in and my browser scroll bar jumps down because the new post came in. And then when I scroll back up to read the post I was trying to read, it jumps down again whenever a new post comes through. I'm wondering if there is a way to look into this and/or make this a toggleable function so I can disable it. I just don't know where to go to mention things like this without a dedicated Site Feedback section.

BBG

Neo Member
Sup people, I'm Sir Dare but I go by BBG to represent my brand, Broke Boy Gaming. I've been gaming all my life but I started producing content last month. I pretty much have zero fans so far (feels bad man) but I do it because I enjoy it so I'm going to continue regardless. I do game reviews, showcase/event recaps, pretty much anything that involves gaming. If you would like to check out any of my content feel free to check out the "about me" portion of my profile for links.

Thanks for reading, see ya around!

LCSoft

Neo Member
Hello all,

I'm a solo dev who made Brigand: Oaxaca and I'm working on a new project called Warlordocracy, currently in early access. Both games have world editors and scripting that you can do with notepad. If there's any Youtubers or reviewers here, lemme know and I can give you some Steam keys.

I'm completely done with Brigand, but there's an Aussie guy who is using the world editor and scripting to make a prequel DLC right now.

I still have a long way to go with Warlordocracy, but I'd be happy to hear thoughts. There are demos for both.

Brigand:
Warlordocracy:

Brian
laughingcoyote.net

LCSoft

Neo Member
Hello all,

I'm a solo dev who made Brigand: Oaxaca and I'm working on a new project called Warlordocracy, currently in early access. Both games have world editors and scripting that you can do with notepad. If there's any Youtubers or reviewers here, lemme know and I can give you some Steam keys.

I'm completely done with Brigand, but there's an Aussie guy who is using the world editor and scripting to make a prequel DLC right now.

I still have a long way to go with Warlordocracy, but I'd be happy to hear thoughts. There are demos for both.

Brigand:
Warlordocracy:

Brian
laughingcoyote.net
Email if you want a key: blancaster45 (at) gmail

Hello Everyone,

I've started gaming in high school and instantly fell in love with video games, especially single player titles. Gaming is my hobby and my primary source of entertainment after a tedious day of work. I try to play all AAA titles and some indies which I find appealing. I began to like challenging games after I've completed and platinumed From Software's Bloodborne, I crave for these types of games ever since.

I've been following this website for sometime and finally got the chance to become a member of this community. I hope I can make some good friends here!

Keep gaming people!

Hunter 99

Hey Everyone

Been browsing neogaf for quite a few years but only just joined the forum,I used to read resetera too (boo hiss)but when the hogwarts boycott happened I completely lost any sort of interest as I found it insane that they would do that,it was embarrassing (been a potter fan since it was not even popular, like 90s when in primary school)

My main genre of games has always been survival horror,Especially ps2 era! But have a love for from software being bloodborne my first experience and followed them ever since.

I also enjoy playing guitar,making 1:2 scale build up models,drifting my mx5😀

Look forward to many more years of great threads and interesting chat on Gaf. Some of the gifs on here are just hilarious!

Hi everyone. An oldie here : 40+.
Got into gaming with Duke Nukem, am an old time gamer but not a huge gamer- currently just playing starcraft2 and conflict of nations, occasional Crusader Kings 3.
Good to be here

King Dazzar

Hi, over the hill gamer and AV enthusiast. Always enjoyed reading some of NeoGAF's takes. Very refreshing and grounded compared to some other places! Not to be taken for granted. Thank you for allowing me to be part of it here.

Greyseth

Neo Member
Hello everyone.
I signed up for this site about forever ago, but forgot about it since, and suddenly I got an email saying I was finally approved 💀

I'm a game and web developer who loves retro games. My game interests change a lot over time, but right now I kinda have an obsession with Tekken, Street Fighter, and SNK arcade fighters. Also very hyped for MK1.

Anyways, yeah, thanks for approving this account 👍

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Hello all,

Brigand:
Warlordocracy:

Brian
laughingcoyote.net
Dude, nice. I see Brigand is rated Gold on ProtonDB. FPS games normally make me nauseous but when I play on Deck it's less of an issue. I'll keep my eye on it and pick it up when I'm done with my gaming sabbatical.

Hey! My name is mariol66!

I'm coming from reddit, looking for a new home for my interests which include:

1. PC/Console Gaming
  2. Steam Deck
  3. Windows/Android operating systems
  4. Anything tech
I look forward to being a member of the community!
Off-topic is lit, check it out if you haven't. Lots of nerdy tech stuff.

Hi, over the hill gamer and AV enthusiast. Always enjoyed reading some of NeoGAF's takes. Very refreshing and grounded compared to some other places! Not to be taken for granted. Thank you for allowing me to be part of it here.
Join us.

dave the diver
Hello friend. :messenger_blowing_kiss:

JHProject23

Neo Member
Hello everybody!

29 y.o. dude here. I play any genre of games, but especially love RPGs, character action games and really wanna get into fighting games now after holding off on it for a long time for whatever reason.

Was a fan of the Best Friends Play channel on YouTube when it was alive (RIP) and I'm reliving the past by going through all the podcast episodes again.
They talk about NeoGAF in almost every episode and I wondered why I never made an account, so here I am now.

Ready to join this crazy thing, better late than never. Thanks for having me!

LCSoft

Neo Member
Dude, nice. I see Brigand is rated Gold on ProtonDB. FPS games normally make me nauseous but when I play on Deck it's less of an issue. I'll keep my eye on it and pick it up when I'm done with my gaming sabbatical.
Nice. Steam keys are free for me, so lemme know. It got rejected by GOG back around 2019, but I'm gonna try resubmitting it after summer sale in like a week, so please upvote: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/brigand_oaxaca

Last edited:

frahko

Neo Member
Neogaf would like my permission to enable push notifications and then hides the X button behind the scroll down symbol.

Top Bottom