• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Y0ssarian

Banned
Hi

Im Rodya and I came here because I was looking for a fun site that had forums and news about new games. I have been playing games since the mid 90s and I have a PS3, PS5, Vita, 3DS and Switch. My favorite genre is jrpgs. Some of my favorites are Skies of Arcadia, Persona 5, Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne and Final Fantasy XII. I'm looking forward to Final Fantasy XVI, Tales of Arise and Shin Megami Tensei V.

Peace

BootyMaster

Hi

Im Rodya and I came here because I was looking for a fun site that had forums and news about new games. I have been playing games since the mid 90s and I have a PS3, PS5, Vita, 3DS and Switch. My favorite genre is jrpgs. Some of my favorites are Skies of Arcadia, Persona 5, Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne and Final Fantasy XII. I'm looking forward to Final Fantasy XVI, Tales of Arise and Shin Megami Tensei V.

Peace
Nice to meet you. I go by Ben. Hopefully things go well for you in this forum. I've been gaming since the 90s as well.

El gallo

Well holy shit!!! After 10 plus years of lurking, you guys finally let me in.

I'm Carlos also known as CJA amongst many other names. I been gaming since 89. I mostly play fighting games (ps5,pc) and shooters on pc. I'm looking forward to make friends and probably some enemies on here. Cheers.

usernamerequired

Neo Member
Hey everyone! Im happy to finally be apart of this community, missed the old forum feel and decided to finally sign up instead of lurking and just reading. I love all types of games apart from racing and sports games, although Forza Horizons seems alright. My favourite games are the last of us and bloodborne. I love to read and.. you guessed it, game! Looking forward to many many many discussions and conversations with yall here!

Buddha2525

Neo Member
I just did some shader code that does Samsung's 8k pentile technology but can upscale 240p to 4k with the same results.
Where can I post about this? I tried in the gaming and even off-topic, but it says I have "insufficient privileges" Help!

This seems to be the only place I can post! :(

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I just did some shader code that does Samsung's 8k pentile technology but can upscale 240p to 4k with the same results.
Where can I post about this? I tried in the gaming and even off-topic, but it says I have "insufficient privileges" Help!

This seems to be the only place I can post! :(
You are not allowed to post your own thread just yet. Use the search function in the upper right corner and see if you can find a thread that fits your post.

Star-Lord

I can't remember if I did a post in here but, greetings and salutations, I'm Chris. and I've finally decided to become an active member. Been through some tough Covid-related shit over the past year or so (hence the time away) but all good now so, yeah. Looking forward to hopefully being a valid and valued member of the community.

ShinobiWan1

I can't remember if I did a post in here but, greetings and salutations, I'm Chris. and I've finally decided to become an active member. Been through some tough Covid-related shit over the past year or so (hence the time away) but all good now so, yeah. Looking forward to hopefully being a valid and valued member of the community.
Hope you're doing well now!

Con-Z-epT

I am now. Double-death in the family (both parents) and then a period of suffering with it myself really knocked me about, but I came out the other side stronger. Just needed time away (from everything and everyone) to gather my thoughts. Cheers for the well wishes.
I wish you all the best! Fuck man...

Con-Z-epT

Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar.
Thanks! There is not a lot i can do to make your life a little bit better but i tried. You deserve it!

Happy Season 3 GIF by Friends

Star-Lord

Have you tried Quora or Reddit? I believe they have some in there. I think.
I mean, yeah, there's bound to be some LGBT+ threads on Reddit, but I was hoping for something more GAF-centralised. Thank you for the heads-up, anyway, and I'll give you a listen on Spotify.

Star-Lord

I don’t think we have an active one at the moment. I believe belmarduk belmarduk recently expressed interest in starting a new gay-centric community thread. You’re welcome to start a new LGBT one if you’re interested as well.
I might look in to doing that, but I wouldn't want to put a more experienced gaffer out of doing a decent job. Are there any specifics I need to follow in order to start one?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I might look in to doing that, but I wouldn't want to put a more experienced gaffer out of doing a decent job. Are there any specifics I need to follow in order to start one?
It’s pretty informal. You set the general theme and expectations in the OP of the thread, e.g. who the thread is for, what you want to discuss, etc., then put it out into the world and see if there’s interest. Take a look at other threads in that section for a feel of what to do. For new Community threads you have the option to put it in Off-Topic to start with so that it has higher visibility and we’ll move it over to the Communities section after it picks up steam.

Trunx81

Hi everyone. Reading on Gaf for years now and finally with my own account.
Ex-video game reviewer from Germany, now to old for this job (are you ever?) with kids and a dog.

Worst video game related story of my life: Had an autograph from Kojima on my Games Convention booklet and when I moved out from home, my mom threw it into the trash.

Best video game related story of my life: Met Kojima.

DJBAD3

Banned
I mean, yeah, there's bound to be some LGBT+ threads on Reddit, but I was hoping for something more GAF-centralised. Thank you for the heads-up, anyway, and I'll give you a listen on Spotify.
Oh, thanks. You'll enjoy lots of good music playlists. Once you have followed me on Soundcloud for 6 months, you can get free VIP service from me. Just check out my profile for more info on how to get it.

belmarduk

Thanks! I've been working on it but any OT should be grandiose in some way and none of my drafts have been great so far. I'll probably have a new idea tomorrow. If you have some suggestions I would love to read t

Hey everyone,

I'm Lucifers Beard! I've been looking for a place to chat video games, movies, D&D and other fun stuff (metal music and guitars). I've been a member of various forums previously but have been looking for a place where semi-sensible conversations can be had with people who aren't immediately hostile!

Hope to catch you soon. Cheers.

bender

What time is it?
Hey everyone,

I'm Lucifers Beard! I've been looking for a place to chat video games, movies, D&D and other fun stuff (metal music and guitars). I've been a member of various forums previously but have been looking for a place where semi-sensible conversations can be had with people who aren't immediately hostile!

Hope to catch you soon. Cheers.
futurama-roberto.gif

Ghostdance

Neo Member
Hi everyone I have been lurking for about a year and finally decided to join. Looked at other sites but restetera has to much politics, 4chan too much weird stuff, and Reddits voting system leads to the person who has the most inflammatory statement getting upvoted and no real discussion. I play all video games but prefer rpgs, strategy, and simulation games. I look forward to having good discussions about video games in the future.

Amerikan

Banned
Hey. I made an account years ago but am just getting active because I now have consoles. (Thank you stimulus checks.)

I'm 32. JRPGs are my jam. Music of choice: indie and black/death metal.

Arthouse cinema beats stupid commercial trash.

zedim

Neo Member
Hi Guys, im a 25 year old psychology student from Portugal. I mainly like Rpgs and specially JRPGs, but if im willing to give a try to any kind of game, played some COD and FIFA when i was younger until i got tired and stopped playing in MW3.

zedim

Neo Member
Hi Guys, im a 25 year old psychology student from Portugal. I mainly like Rpgs and specially JRPGs, but if im willing to give a try to any kind of game, played some COD and FIFA when i was younger until i got tired and stopped playing in MW3.
My other interests besides gaming are tv shows/anime but specially One Piece. I was studying law but changed to psychology due to starting to listen to Jordan Peterson in 2016, from there i just started reading more and more until i just decided to switch majors.
Anyway i've been browsing gaf for a long time then i switched to resetera but for the past year i've been browsing both and since i cant register in resetera anyway i decided to try Gaf for the first time, since i only noticed recently that you dont need a special email account.

there's some games and themes i'm interested in talking that i dont see anyone posting in any of the forums so i decided to start here. Hope we have fun

Hi everyone. Im Jon from México.

I like to play and rant about videogames as everyone in here. My platform of choice has been always PS but I play pretty much all the consoles. I love horror games, RPG, JRPG and adventure/action games.

Been working as a PR/Marketing on agencies for a few years and I have worked with certain video game brand in the past.

Aaaand I have a backlog of games since the PS3/Xbox 360/ Wii era, and I think I will die before catching up.

Oh well...

venus-null

Neo Member
helllooo,

my name is Venus, i really missed the the gaming community and hoping to find my fav ppl again!
used to be a mod for a dead r6 community, only game im passionate about! sometimes i dabble in csgo, apex, maybe sims 4, but FPS is my top tier.

im also a new pc master racer...

Hi, I'm Chris. I've been lurking here daily for almost a year and would really love to become a full member and be able to post and have an outlet on a true gamers board like this. I've been gaming since getting my first console, the Sega Master System and its been a part of my life ever since. I'm more in love with the hobby today than I ever have been though.

I really believe that this place is the heartbeat of the enthusiast side of gaming. If you want to know what's happening just log in here and you'll find the most up to date discussions and the most passionate people. While Resetera is equally as passionate when it comes to gaming, I can't stand the echo chamber of woke politics there!

Currently have a Ps5 as my main console but am invested almost as much in Xbox and Switch. One thing that I am not is a fanboy!

Top Bottom