• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Kev Kev

How do I message someone about my account? Clicking to view Messages/Inbox says I don’t have permission, and nobody’s answered my email or contact form that I can see from the past few weeks! EviLore EviLore

RHQe2aL.png

Jsisto

Hi I’m not really new but only recently started posting. Neogaf lurker for over a decade. Lurked resetera for a time, realized how poisonous it was and decided now was as good a time as any to be an active poster on neogaf! My name is Jeff, I’m 35. I’m a retail manager, Nintendo fan, collector, into fitness, cooking, contemporary and classic movies(big fan of classic Japanese cinema), fan of early 2000s underground rap. I’m here for open minded conversation and debate, and have a great sense of humor. 😀. I’m also single. 😉😘. Nice to meet you all!

ShinobiWan1

Happy Halloween! Have lurked here for some time, happy to finally be able to participate (took a few weeks after registering). Hope everyone is doing well.
Did you dress up for Halloween?

Just came to gaf to see what you fellas thought of this...

Former World of Warcraft Devs Start Studio Where Only Female Staffer Is A Dog

if someone with rights could post it so I could see the results, I'd be much obliged. Personally, I think this my favorite way for a company to avoid a sexual harassment suit.

Thanks!

Are you saying this is a good way to handle the harassment suit? How so?

Last edited:

Jsisto

I'm saying it's a good way to prevent one in the future. Do I really have to explain to you how that works? I don't think the bitch will be filing a sexual harassment suit. Why don't you post it and we can discuss.
Its slightly humorous in a tongue in cheek kind of way, but a female dog isn’t literally an employee, so they still leave themselves open to gender discrimination suits. Probably not the best way to solve the problem.

Its slightly humorous in a tongue in cheek kind of way, but a female dog isn’t literally an employee, so they still leave themselves open to gender discrimination suits. Probably not the best way to solve the problem.
What a catch 22 huh? Solves the harrassment problem by creating a discrimination problem. How about you post it so we can discuss?

Kev Kev

fan of early 2000s underground rap.
my man!

i listened to a lot of that back in the day but the only two i remember is Atmosphere and The Streets. these days i just type underground hip hop into spotify and shuffle whatever they have. do you have any other early 2000s underground rap artists/groups i should check out? anything a little more current?

i dont know if you have thread posting privileges yet (it usually takes 1 month + 50 posts) but i would love to cruise through an early 2000s underground hip hop thread.

we already have a rap/hip hop thread, but underground had such a different sound and feel than the mainstream stuff that it could get its own thread, if the content posted is interesting enough at least. something you could tackle in the thread is a timeline of underground groups/artists and how the music has evolved over the years, and where it is now, plus plenty of good tunes and examples of what is different about underground vs mainstream.

either way, welcome to GAF! always glad to have more fellow music lovers here. the what are you listening to thread is another good one for music, if youre interested.

Kellathor

Neo Member
Sup dudes. Name's Hunter.

Kept trying to get on here awhile back. FINALLY public email domains are allowed.

I'm a pretty big gamer, I'd say it's probably what I do 70-80% of the time I'm not at work. I love games, anywhere from platformers to RPGs, pretty much the whole spectrum. My goal is to beat as many games as I can, I'm a little over 100 at the moment. So, yeah. Sup!

JT14

Banned
Hi, I'm new here but followed the board for years. Finally decided to join.

I'm a big Xbox fan, own the Series X and love it! Playing both Halo, Gears, and pretty much anything on Gamepass

YeezyDude

Neo Member
Hey everyone I'm new to this forum and I am happy that I am finally part of it.

I'm into all of the videogames platforms so where the good games are so will I be there if possible... But minus cloud and mobile (Smartphones) gaming as I am only into physical/digital games so I do like to at least have some kind of ownership of the games I do purchase.

Other things I am into is Technology, Anime, food, health, fitness and soon other hobbies/creative stuff like content creation which I hope I can do in the near future. And I hope to build a lot of good memories here and enjoy my membership here as I am very happy that my account finally got approved! :messenger_ok:

Metalman96

Hello! Happy to finally be able to participate.

Mostly a PC gamer but also have a Playstation. Also like tech in general, anime and other things. If it's geeky I'm probably into it.

Hi, I'm new here but followed the board for years. Finally decided to join.

I'm a big Xbox fan, own the Series X and love it! Playing both Halo, Gears, and pretty much anything on Gamepass
Gamepass is a good time man. Wished things like this existed when I was a kid begging my mom to buy me games. This would have been much easier to get by haha.

emilyjohnson

Neo Member
I'm Emily have a Master's degree in English Literature and mind behind best quality Literature essays. I try to write the most admirable English essay and papers that English students absolutely love. If you want some exceptional essay writing service you can reach me out at perfect essay writing.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I'm Emily have a Master's degree in English Literature and mind behind best quality Literature essays. I try to write the most admirable English essay and papers that English students absolutely love. If you want some exceptional essay writing service you can reach me out at perfect essay writing.
Try https://www.fakenamegenerator.com/ , Emily Johnson is too obvious. Also, your English is terrible. You won't have much luck marketing to an English language forum full of nerdy pedants.

GarlicPrawn

Neo Member
Hi everyone, the name is GarlicPrawn. The garlickiest of them all. 34 years old and work in finance. Games have always been a place for me to wind down after a long day or week. Started as a FPS heavy gamer and slowly moved into RPGs and story driven games. Some of my all time favorites are Metal Gear Solid (1 trough 4), The Witcher, Dishonored and TLOU 1.

Started lurking on Gaf during the launch period of the PS4 and very much liked the discussions and news being shared. Decided a while ago to join Gaf officially so I can join in on the gaming discussions and happy to say that my account just got approved.

Cheers!
GarlicPrawn

Digfox

Hello all!

A long-time lurker, someone left the door open and I got in at last...

Been gaming for over 30 years and across most formats. Currently spending time trying to re-build my MiSTer after the HDMI port stopped working (really thought it was DOA yesterday) and catching up on my backlog across PS4 (just completed Deadlight for example) and Xbox One (Currently Halo MCC, FM7).

ShinobiWan1

Since I'm drifting by
shall take a turn at the door:
house-on-haunted-hill-vincent-price-1959_u-L-Q12PIZQ1AOQXL.jpg

Set some entrance music

I like your name! I really enjoyed Raistlin's journey, and his obsession with power, the sacrifices he was willing to make. And then the events in the Twins books...such an excellent progression of a character. Those books by Weiss and Hickman, the way they would paint pictures in my mind with elegant words, and the fantastic art by Larry Elmore, helped shape my career as an artist. Anyways, all this just to tell you, "I like your name."

Oh also, Vincent Price is awesome!

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

I like your name! I really enjoyed Raistlin's journey, and his obsession with power, the sacrifices he was willing to make. And then the events in the Twins books...such an excellent progression of a character. Those books by Weiss and Hickman, the way they would paint pictures in my mind with elegant words, and the fantastic art by Larry Elmore, helped shape my career as an artist. Anyways, all this just to tell you, "I like your name."
Elmore's covers is what drew me to the novels, stayed for the story.
I'm hoping there's a big budget loose adaptation for screen at some point.
Dragonlance dragons would be something different from GoT.
Cyan Bloodbane may have been on the cover that first caught my eye.

It's been a long time since I read these.
Could be a different green. That's the cover.
DRAGONS-OF-SPRING-DAWNING-13x19.jpg

Immediate imagination.
Inspiration. Can see why it would influence your career. In a sense it did for me too as it got me to look deeper at philosophy.astronomy, history, sociology from opening the pages.

Vincent Price is a treasure. His performance in Masque of the Red Death makes it one of my all time favourites.

Last edited:
I'm a gaming-age reject from eons past, looking for something a bit smaller and more personal than Reddit but not as insane as resetera. Feels good to be back on the scene!

Hey! I'm Gamer_By_Proxy,

I'm primarily a Playstation and Nintendo gamer since I mainly play single player games, but I also play Xbox games on my PC.

Currently Playing: Returnal, Metroid Dread, Forza Horizon 5, Yakuza Like a Dragon and Ghost of Sushi Directors Cut.

Outside of gaming I like to grill and smoke meats, and enjoy a nice bourbon.

Thanks for having me!

Top Bottom