• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

ShinobiWan1

Elmore's covers is what drew me to the novels, stayed for the story.
I'm hoping there's a big budget loose adaptation for screen at some point.
Dragonlance dragons would be something different from GoT.
Cyan Bloodbane may have been on the cover that first caught my eye.

It's been a long time since I read these.
Could be a different green. That's the cover.
DRAGONS-OF-SPRING-DAWNING-13x19.jpg

Immediate imagination.
Inspiration. Can see why it would influence your career. In a sense it did for me too as it got me to look deeper at philosophy.astronomy, history, sociology from opening the pages.

Vincent Price is a treasure. His performance in Masque of the Red Death makes it one of my all time favourites.
That's awesome! AHH I love those covers. Caramon, Tika and Raistlin look so great! I think my favourite from Elmore is Autumn Twilight. Love the warm, fall colours, and the stoic poses. Goldmoon's fierce attitude while wielding the mysterious blue crystal staff is absolutely fantastic.

zEgo3Of.jpg

But hey, since we have Autumn and Spring, might as well post Winter Night! Laurana Kanan was my middle school crush haha! Love the expressions, I feel like Elmore did a fantastic job at capturing them. I wasn't a huge fan of the updated versions, but they were still good. And I didn't much care for Clyde Caldwell's Dragonlance art.

tMlSt9I.jpg

I also read the Death Gate Cycle series! Love the story of Haplo. And Keith Parkinson's (Rest in peace) art was amazing. Just like you, I was captured by the cover art, and then blown away by the words. I met Margaret Weiss, Tracy Hickman and Larry Elmore at a Comic Con, but I mostly just embarrassed myself by gushing too much.

wlrCv87.jpg

Hey, thank you for the trip down memory lane. I think I'm going to give these books another go sometime soon!

OH really quick, I know Brom!

He signed this for me! I got most of my early art practice in by copying all of these masters

VyGVUFo.jpg

Last edited:

Lichig0

Neo Member
Hi, the name is Lichig0, a name I made many years ago a combination from my favorite shows at the time to use on Nintendo spin-off forums(after Nintendo closed Nsider), AIM, IRC, etc.

Uh.

I play games mostly on switch because of its convenience, but PC and Playstation as well.
I stumbled my way here by finding a post about a Switch that had issues with WiFi after looking into my own issues with my OLED.

👋

Elysium712

Neo Member
Hey guys, I'm Elysium, happy to finally be a member here. I used to play a lot of competitive online games but nowadays I just like co op and singleplayer games. My favorite is Filcher, a 2.5D homage to immersive sims like Thief and Deus Ex. Outside of gaming I like taking walks and reading.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!
how are you?
My name is Diogo von Linsingen.

First I want to thank you for the quick feedback on approving my account, Thank you so much!

Well, i am a lover of nature, arts and games, especially the old ones.

I'm currently intending to open a youtube channel about games, with a lot of focus on the old ones, mainly the ones from the 90s. Well, my native language is Portuguese, but I also want to dare to make videos in English too.
I am preparing the topics, and as soon as something concrete is ready I can bring the information here, if I can already do that.

I got to know NeoGaf through an article by Mama Robotnik, and I was impressed with the quality of it.

I hope to be able to contribute to the enrichment of themes related to games.

Be well, everyone!

AgatonSax

Hello All. I’ve no idea why my utterly obscure username popped into my head upon registration; somewhat betrays my age though.

Games wise I mourn the death of 90’s PC Space Sims but still have my CH Flightstick Pro ready for the great return. Recently I warm to Soul games and anything from Arkane Studios. I await the return of Adam Jensen.

Politically I’m indecisive which is probably a plus here. I perhaps not coincidentally have both cats and a dog.

Passion for home AV and happy to bore the crap out of any and all regarding acoustic treatments and room nulls.

Overall I mean well.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Passion for home AV and happy to bore the crap out of any and all regarding acoustic treatments and room nulls.
Welcome and come in!

AgatonSax

Welcome and come in!

Thanks and will do.

Hey everyone, thanks for adding me to the NeoGAF community..
My name here is simply "Q"
I'm a quite guy by the way... hence "Q"
NOt the best game player but love watching my son play Fortnite which I believe is the most complex game ever, but that little man just rocks it like a pro... so if you ever get a chance to watch youtube you could pop over his channel to see his stuff... oh his name there is Crizko .... yh i hope i spelt it right...
The games I like to play mostly though are "need for speed" and "grand theft"
I love GOD, my self and my children, in that order... practically the only loves i have right now.
Don't really have much desires, maybe none... kinda weird though...

Well i hope to learn a bit more of whats happening in the gaming world, so I can keep up with my son (we play video games together) and contribute what I can.

Oh, I'll upload my avatar another day.

well that's a lot said for a quite guy... lol

Cheers,
Q

EuphoricZero

Neo Member
Hi everyone! Euphoric here, small indie game developer. Finally decided to create an account here. I'm Canadian but my nationality is Hungarian and you guess it, I love video games. Looking to connect with people who have similar interests and showcase some of the cool stuff i've been working on.

Con-Z-epT

Hi everyone! Euphoric here, small indie game developer. Finally decided to create an account here. I'm Canadian but my nationality is Hungarian and you guess it, I love video games. Looking to connect with people who have similar interests and showcase some of the cool stuff i've been working on.
The Simpsons Canada GIF

So far away from the Puszta? What happened? Tell us about the game you are working on!

EuphoricZero

Neo Member
The Simpsons Canada GIF

So far away from the Puszta? What happened? Tell us about the game you are working on!
Haha yes I am, my family immigrated out here. Happy to be Canadian! and thank you for your interest! I've started Token Interactive Games and actually have a few projects in development. Mostly specialize in mobile development, my first game is up on Google Play Store called Boulder Attack and the second one coming out early 2022 called Wildebear. I've also developed an old school persistent browser based game with a modern take called Toon Crime that released in Open Beta on Halloween. I would provide links & screenshots to everything but i dont want to spam everyone :messenger_grinning:

Con-Z-epT

Haha yes I am, my family immigrated out here. Happy to be Canadian! and thank you for your interest! I've started Token Interactive Games and actually have a few projects in development. Mostly specialize in mobile development, my first game is up on Google Play Store called Boulder Attack and the second one coming out early 2022 called Wildebear. I've also developed an old school persistent browser based game with a modern take called Toon Crime that released in Open Beta on Halloween. I would provide links & screenshots to everything but i dont want to spam everyone :messenger_grinning:
My father is hungarian and i have a strong connection to this side of the family although i wasn't born or raised in hungary.

Can't comment much on the games since i'm not into mobile games but as long as you can life from working on them then go for it.

EuphoricZero

Neo Member
My father is hungarian and i have a strong connection to this side of the family although i wasn't born or raised in hungary.

Can't comment much on the games since i'm not into mobile games but as long as you can life from working on them then go for it.
That's awesome so we're practically Magyar barátok. Do you read and write?

Hi all,

As probably noticed.....big Resident Evil fan here, Chris is actually my favorite, but, found this awesome zombie Claire avatar and have to use it, it's basically like looking in the mirror when I wake up every morning.

I love video games, sports, cars, horror movies, cartoons, comics, also a big collector of useless things that I like to proudly display like funko pops, sports memorabilia, my horror stuff, etc. Big wrestling fan, though it has sucked for along time now, the golden era is what I grew up with, just never stopped watching wrestling as it is a big part of my life with many memories. My favorite wrestler is Rowdy Roddy Piper, I got to meet him at a wrestling show in 2012 and get a picture with him, as well as an autograph, was one of the best days of my life. Big fan of Ghostbusters, Batman, Resident Evil, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Mortal Kombat, Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, Sonic, Streets of Rage, and more.

Happy to be here.

Con-Z-epT

That's awesome so we're practically Magyar barátok. Do you read and write?
I can speak a bit but i have a hard time reading. Writing is impossible. I try to get into it every year and feel ashamed that i haven't learned the language properly yet.

WFairfax89

Neo Member
Hello lads! My name is Billy and I am a big fan of WarCraft, Asassin Creed, Diablo 2 and many other games. Although I am keen on movies(Matrix,Inception),TVShows(Breaking Bad,Better Caul Saul) and football/soccer. I found this site by accident, but I hope to stay here for a long time. I will be happy to find new friends with common interests.)

Con-Z-epT

Hello lads! My name is Billy and I am a big fan of WarCraft, Asassin Creed, Diablo 2 and many other games. Although I am keen on movies(Matrix,Inception),TVShows(Breaking Bad,Better Caul Saul) and football/soccer. I found this site by accident, but I hope to stay here for a long time. I will be happy to find new friends with common interests.)
Hey Billy, come in!

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Hi all,

As probably noticed.....big Resident Evil fan here, Chris is actually my favorite, but, found this awesome zombie Claire avatar and have to use it, it's basically like looking in the mirror when I wake up every morning.

I love video games, sports, cars, horror movies, cartoons, comics, also a big collector of useless things that I like to proudly display like funko pops, sports memorabilia, my horror stuff, etc. Big wrestling fan, though it has sucked for along time now, the golden era is what I grew up with, just never stopped watching wrestling as it is a big part of my life with many memories. My favorite wrestler is Rowdy Roddy Piper, I got to meet him at a wrestling show in 2012 and get a picture with him, as well as an autograph, was one of the best days of my life. Big fan of Ghostbusters, Batman, Resident Evil, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Mortal Kombat, Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, Sonic, Streets of Rage, and more.

Happy to be here.
Welcome

LadyBunny

Neo Member
Hi, I've been a member on here for a while now but have never really participated until now. I am the CEO of a new video game production company, Press X 2 Play Games. We are about to start production on our first batch of games and hope we have learned much from the forums on this site and other gaming sites to bring you the games, the action, the stories, the quality you deserve and for which you have asked.

We are currently seeking concept artists for our posters, game cover art, characters, weapons, vehicles and more for a space themed, futuristic, realistic looking game. Please reach out to us if you think you have what it takes or have further questions regarding what is is we seek.

snatcherjunker

Neo Member
Hello all, my name is Carlos and I live in Florida. I'm mostly a retro gamer, recently acquired a PS5 and Switch. My username is from one my favorite games, Snatcher. I like pretty much all game genres. Other than games I enjoy comic books, movies, some anime and manga.

Right now I'm playing Pokemon Shining Pearl, Tales of Arise (PS5), Dragon Quest III (Switch), and Paper Mario (again) on the Switch.

Favorite games of all time are probably Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy X, Sonic Adventure, Super Mario World, Mega Man Legends, Metal Gear Solid (PSX)...to name a few.

Hello everyone, I've been trying to get in this forum for several years, but back in the days you guys disallowed "free" email services.

I'm a very passionate gamer and love everything from retro to modern titles, but I mostly play multiplayer games.

I'm looking forward to interact with you all.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Hi, I'm Marc and I'm a gamer and game developer. I always enjoy a sane gaming community and look forward to chatting with yall! Cheers
Probably from Montréal I guess? Pretty much a French Canadian name. I'm French Canadian of mixed raced decent (Lebanese, Acadian, Irish - people think I'm Serbian for some reason). I live in Ontario but work in Montréal when needed. NeoGAF is the best community, ever better since the commies left to form the other site.

I didn't know Con-Z-epT Con-Z-epT was in charge of the welcoming committee. Good job.

Last edited:

msiSI

Neo Member
Heya everyone! This place looks like amazing fun!
Originally from Cambridge UK, but we recently moved to Miyazaki Japan!! Hopefully can share some of our new adventure with you all!! (Recently made a Youtube channel called Making Success Inevitable). I hope my 2 year old son really settles and enjoys growing up in Japan!
My favourite games of all time are the original Suikoden games. Played alot of League of Legends but its a time drain... Also played gatcha games on the phone like Arknights, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius and Fire Emblem Heroes
Really trying to learn Japanese properly... probably helps that my wife is Japanese and has her own business teaching Japanese!! But it takes time for sure....
Just bought a Nintendo Switch Oled and am playing Octopath Traveller
Love anime figure collection too haha....

Looking forward to interacting with you all.

AJUMP23

Heya everyone! This place looks like amazing fun!
Originally from Cambridge UK, but we recently moved to Miyazaki Japan!! Hopefully can share some of our new adventure with you all!! (Recently made a Youtube channel called Making Success Inevitable). I hope my 2 year old son really settles and enjoys growing up in Japan!
My favourite games of all time are the original Suikoden games. Played alot of League of Legends but its a time drain... Also played gatcha games on the phone like Arknights, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius and Fire Emblem Heroes
Really trying to learn Japanese properly... probably helps that my wife is Japanese and has her own business teaching Japanese!! But it takes time for sure....
Just bought a Nintendo Switch Oled and am playing Octopath Traveller
Love anime figure collection too haha....

Looking forward to interacting with you all.
Welcome, I checked out your channel, stop buying anime figures and invest money.....that will make you more successful (this is a joke). I want to know know what your wife thinks of your figures.

msiSI

Neo Member
Welcome, I checked out your channel, stop buying anime figures and invest money.....that will make you more successful (this is a joke). I want to know know what your wife thinks of your figures.
Yeh she thinks I'm obsessed haha.... though she actually reckons they will sell for a fortune a couple of years down the line because Japan doesn't make huge quantities to satisfy demand so they become pretty sought after... but she said I spent alot already as I have about 10+ I still need to film and review xD
Thanks for watching! I also bought some very nice mystery lucky bags at this new years sale - under armour, le creusset etc... need to open those soon!

Top Bottom