• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Topic Redux |OT| Claim your game (Up: 2024 games added)

cormack12

Gold Member
Rebooting the thread as it sort of died in communities and going to change some of the tedium. We also had some instances of people doing OTs because they just didn't think to check this thread/knew it existed.

A note up front: Please read these guidelines before you make a claim for the first time. Please search (Ctrl + F) to make sure the game has not already been claimed.

If any juniors want to chip in with a request please do so. Work on it as normal and a member will sponsor the claim (until a clear direction is decided on by mods).

SOME BRIEF GUIDELINES ABOUT WHAT IT MEANS TO CLAIM HERE:
  • You're willing to work on it;
  • You'll update us if you change your mind;
  • You may be juniored if you don't deliver on your claim (as this negatively impacts others);
  • If someone else wants in after you, work with them. Also, if someone has claimed the OT already, PM them and offer some help (text, graphics etc.);
  • Claiming is about preventing two people wasting their time making dueling threads, it's not about excluding others;
  • Only claim games with a confirmed release date within twelve months;

HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM:
Check the game has not already been claimed in post #2
Title the game and just give me a mention using xenforo's @<username> feature

WHAT MAKES A GOOD |OT|?
  • Use your personal experience with the game/series;
  • Use a balance of text and graphics or host your images somewhere that will remain;
  • Point out the key features;
  • Post platforms, dates, publisher, developer info;
  • Explain the different versions, DLC and season passes;
  • Be sensible with *.gif and/or *.webm use;

cormack12

Gold Member
January

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown - cormack12 cormack12
Pacific Drive - Agent_4Seven Agent_4Seven
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth - Nankatsu Nankatsu
Tekken 8 - Arsic Arsic
The Last of Us pt II Remastered - Bartski Bartski

February
Granblue Fantasy: Relink - Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League - Arsic Arsic
Persona 3 Reload - Draugoth Draugoth
Helldivers 2 - cormack12 cormack12
Tomb Raider 1-3 Remastered - TGO TGO
Mario vs Donkey Kong
Skull and Bones
Star Wars: Dark Forces Remaster
Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth - mortal mortal

March
Dragon's Dogma 2 - R6Rider R6Rider
Alone in the Dark
Rise of the Ronin - Chuck Berry Chuck Berry nial nial
Princess Peach: Showtime
Outlast trials - Bartski Bartski
Unicorn overlord - Agent_4Seven Agent_4Seven

April
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

May

June

Destiny 2: The Final Shape

July

August

Black Myth: Wukong

September
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2

October

November

December

December
Crisis Core: FFVII - TGO TGO
Dragon Quest - Andyliini Andyliini

January

One Piece Odyssey - cormack12 cormack12
Dead space remake - .Pennywise .Pennywise
Persona 3/4 - Komatsu Komatsu
Fire Emblem Engage - cormack12 cormack12
Forspoken - cormack12 cormack12
Pizza Tower - 64bitmodels 64bitmodels
Goldeneye - jshackles jshackles

February
Wild hearts - anthony2690 anthony2690
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line - jshackles jshackles
Octopath Traveler - jshackles jshackles
Hogwarts legacy - mortal mortal
Atomic heart - .Pennywise .Pennywise
Like a dragon: Ishin - cormack12 cormack12
Horizon: Call of the mountain - unclaimed
PS VR2 - R6Rider R6Rider
Kerbal space program 2 - unclaimed
Company of Heroes 3 - .Pennywise .Pennywise
Sons of the forest - .Pennywise .Pennywise
Destiny 2: Lightfall - unclaimed

March
Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key - jshackles jshackles
Resident Evil 4 remake - .Pennywise .Pennywise
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty - unclaimed
The last of us [PC] - Midn1ght Midn1ght
Dave the Driver - Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage

April
The Last Case of Benedict Fox - cormack12 cormack12
Jedi: Survivor - Nankatsu Nankatsu

May
The legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - mortal mortal
Trinity Trigger - jshackles jshackles
Redfall - cormack12 cormack12
Playstation Showcase - DeepEnigma DeepEnigma

June
Final Fantasy XVI - mortal mortal
Diablo IV - .Pennywise .Pennywise
Xbox Showcase - Draugoth Draugoth
Street Fighter 6 - cormack12 cormack12

July
The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie - Paltheos Paltheos

August
Armored Core VI - mortal mortal
Wayfinder - VN1X VN1X
Texas Chainsaw Massacre - cormack12 cormack12
Gamescom 2023 - Draugoth Draugoth
Baldur's Gate 3 - Draugoth Draugoth
Immortals of Aveum - cormack12 cormack12
Sea of Stars - cormack12 cormack12

September
Starfield - mortal mortal
Lies of P - cormack12 cormack12
Mortal Kombat 1 - cormack12 cormack12
Payday 3 - cormack12 cormack12
Cyberpunk 2.0 and Phantom Liberty - mortal mortal
EA Sports FC 24 - Sleepwalker Sleepwalker
The Crew: Motorfest - cormack12 cormack12

October
Lords of the Fallen - stickkidsam stickkidsam
Spider-Man 2 - Nankatsu Nankatsu
Forza motorsport - cormack12 cormack12
Assassins Creed mirage - cormack12 cormack12
Sonic superstars
Super Mario Bros. Wonder - The Wheel of Fortune The Wheel of Fortune
Alan Wake II
MGS Collection Vol. 1 - Sub_Level Sub_Level

November
RoboCop: Rogue City - Agent_4Seven Agent_4Seven

Last edited:

WX3

Just here to say I really admire and appreciate the work that many of this boards members put into these OT's. As a member of over a decade it has always been one of my favorite features of this forum and I just want to thank those that put the effort in as well as those that contribute! Thank you all!

mortal

Gold Member
Just here to say I really admire and appreciate the work that many of this boards members put into these OT's. As a member of over a decade it has always been one of my favorite features of this forum and I just want to thank those that put the effort in as well as those that contribute! Thank you all!
Thanks! Feel free to give it a shot if there's any game you think deserves its own thread. We could always use more contributions.

Don't think it must to be super fancy and filled with graphic elements either.
imo a good OT, more than anything, is one that properly informs people about the game. The aesthetics are just an optional bonus, the icing on the informational cake.
Even then you can always reach out if you want help with elements, I'm usually down to collaborate as well.

mortal

Gold Member
How would you make a good OT anyways, I'm not good with image editing lol
Glad you asked. That very question in answered in the OP lol

As far as editing images, you can use free software like GIMP or Krita to get your feet wet.
There's a plethora of great tutorials on Youtube ranging from beginner to expert. Or alternatively, you can ask for help with images from any of us.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Thanks! Feel free to give it a shot if there's any game you think deserves its own thread. We could always use more contributions.

Don't think it must to be super fancy and filled with graphic elements either.
imo a good OT, more than anything, is one that properly informs people about the game. The aesthetics are just an optional bonus, the icing on the informational cake.
Even then you can always reach out if you want help with elements, I'm usually down to collaborate as well.

I love you and couldn't agree more. I'm not the guy though =/

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Do we make |OT| for PC ports of big titles like TLOU or Returnal?
If so, I'll gladly take care of the TLOU one in March.
Yup, I'll put you down
Do we really need 2 OT's for the same game just because one is for PC?
I understand when it's been years but the TLOUPT1 OT is fairly new, Returnal is different if the OT is dead now as it's an older game.
I never really saw the point of the PC OT's
Next you'll have Xbox/Playstation & Nintendo asking for separate OT's 😳

Also no one has done the Crisis Core OT?

Midn1ght

Do we really need 2 OT's for the same game just because one is for PC?
I understand when it's been years but the TLOUPT1 OT is fairly new, Returnal is different if the OT is dead now as it's an older game.
I never really saw the point of the PC OT's
Next you'll have Xbox/Playstation & Nintendo asking for separate OT's 😳

Also no one has done the Crisis Core OT?
OT is probably not the right word for it, I agree. If the game was released on PC and consoles simultaneously then obviously we wouldn't need a seperate OT for PC.

I just see it as a way to concentrate post in one thread instead of having multiple ones. PlayStation releases on PC are usually a big thing and you end up having a thread for launch, another for DF/NX reviews and sometimes others about sale, concurrent players or bug fixing. Would be better to have one big thread for everything related to the PC version in my opinion. There's probably a way to name it correctly but I just don't know.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I'll grab Diablo IV if it's unclaimed as we get closer to release. I'm not sure yet what my schedule will look like in '23 so I don't want to claim it now.

How would you make a good OT anyways, I'm not good with image editing lol
If you need some stuff I can probably help out. My shop skills are not super great but enough to slap some fancy text on things.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Hogwarts Legacy by mortal mortal
Release date: February 10, 2023

Dead Space Remake
Release date: January 27, 2023

tenor.gif

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
game is coming out soon, so i think i'm gonna start work on the OT for Pizza Tower. I think I'm gonna keep it simple, some GIFs and images but nothing too snazzy. OTs with a lot of content take forever to load

Andyliini

I try to whip up something for Fire Emblem Engage, due to release next week. If anyone wants to do a banner for me, I gladly take it.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Thanks, though i don't need it anymore.

I was initially going to put it in but then i thought it'd be more creative and sweet to draw it myself. I feel like a cartoony Neogaf logo would be quite easy to do and add a bit of flair to the OT

Sorry for wasting your time like this

mortal

Gold Member
Thanks, though i don't need it anymore.

I was initially going to put it in but then i thought it'd be more creative and sweet to draw it myself. I feel like a cartoony Neogaf logo would be quite easy to do and add a bit of flair to the OT

Sorry for wasting your time like this
No need to apologize. Anyone can use these for any future threads now. This thread can double as a resource library imo.

mortal

Gold Member
5M0giqZ.png

Does this look good to y'all? really enjoying this so far, everythings going along smoothly

(and yes the banner is lifted from the steam page)
I'd say you've got the style down with the how loose it looks, although 'TOWER' has sharper pixelated edges. The brush you used for the 'NEOGAF OT' lettering looks more like an airbrush, which makes it a noticeably soft-edged imo.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I'd say you've got the style down with the how loose it looks, although 'TOWER' has sharper pixelated edges. The brush you used for the 'NEOGAF OT' lettering looks more like an airbrush, which makes it a noticeably soft-edged imo.
ah yeah i noticed that, i can't really figure out how to make sharper edges in krita though.

plus, the banner is quite small so i don't think many people will notice. at least, i hope no one notices. I've already saved and placed it in the thread for now

mortal

Gold Member
ah yeah i noticed that, i can't really figure out how to make sharper edges in krita though.

plus, the banner is quite small so i don't think many people will notice. at least, i hope no one notices. I've already saved and placed it in the thread for now
Sorry, I'm not very familiar with Krita, but I'd imagine looking up pixel art tutorials for Krita on youtube would get you most of the how.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Who's doing the Resident Evil 4 Remake OT?
Not trying to claim, just curious ☺️

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Why was hogwarts OT closed ?

It was reported by the original poster and the poster who claimed it in this thread. We will merge them when it goes up properly. There's no malice in it, just a bit of an overlap but we generally honour the claim thread. I'm sure both will be great and we thank both for creating them.

Last edited:
I was thinking of typing something up about the new season of Apex. The OT in the community thread hasn't been updated since season 8, and season 16 starts in a couple of days. They're adding TDM, making huge changes to the class system, adding a new weapon, and there's a bunch of other changes as well. Aside from that, the member who made the communities thread is now banned.

It would also be nice to have a thread about the new season in the gaming forum itself. If this shouldn't be done because there's already a communities thread, please let me know. The new season starts February 14th.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I play a bit of Apex though I'm shit. Not sure if there's a huge audience. I'd just start a poll asking if ppl play first?

I play a bit of Apex though I'm shit. Not sure if there's a huge audience. I'd just start a poll asking if ppl play first?
I don't think we really need a huge audience to have an active thread. The thread I made about TDM coming to the game already started gathering interest from non BR fans, but it was quickly forgotten about due to Hogwarts threads, and a bit of a derailment. I don't care if the thread is a "success," I just wanted to know if it's okay to make it.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I was thinking of typing something up about the new season of Apex. The OT in the community thread hasn't been updated since season 8, and season 16 starts in a couple of days. They're adding TDM, making huge changes to the class system, adding a new weapon, and there's a bunch of other changes as well. Aside from that, the member who made the communities thread is now banned.

It would also be nice to have a thread about the new season in the gaming forum itself. If this shouldn't be done because there's already a communities thread, please let me know. The new season starts February 14th.
OT2 sounds lovely. I did it with Project Zomboid.

Top Bottom