• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The official Zen 3 with Ryzen 5000 reveal thread

Just so I'm not misunderstanding something here.

I took a look at the benchmarks. It seems like if you game at 1440p and above at higher settings that the gaming performance of the higher-end CPUs is essentially going to be identical outside of some edge cases.

Am I reading that right?

Thats correct. People are overly excited and are misrepresenting data. Intel is not beaten in gaming. AMD nearly caught up. These reviews mostly test in forced, unrealistic scenarios where they isolate the cpu so much that it has no aplication in real life situations that most of us are gonna use it, especially for gaming. Benchmarking at 720p or 1080p with low settings for example. Like, who's gonna use it like that ? That just inflates the scores by using an extreme cpu isolation method. Jayz benchmarked at 1080p and 1440p but used 50-70% of the games details to shift focus to the cpu. Why ?

You can hardly find proper 1440p and 4k gaming benchmarks that run at full details. In fact, ive only seen a couple reviews. The rest are using the outdated methodology of super isolation of the cpu instead of real life scenarios.

Here you can find 4k gaming benchmarks in a few games. Intel takes 4 games and ryzen takes 3. By margin of error numbers. Intel also seems to have better 1% results on ocassion. And most of all, Intel is now the value option. At least where im at, intel is cheaper across the board. A ryzen 5800x is a hundred dollars more than a 10700 or 9900k which it trades blows with. And a 5950x is almost twice the price of a 10900. Why would i buy an amd cpu in this case ?

FireFly

Here you can find 4k gaming benchmarks in a few games. Intel takes 4 games and ryzen takes 3. By margin of error numbers.
Wow, absolutely shocking that when the CPU is not the limiting factor, there is no real difference. But I guess if AMD ever does eke out a significant lead at 4K, we can just move up to 8K.

Last edited:
Wow, absolutely shocking that when the CPU is not the limiting factor, there is no real difference. But I guess if AMD ever does eke out a signifacant lead at 4K, we can just move up to 8K.

If you'd actually looked at the article, there is a difference even at 4k, same at 1440p. The cpu is important in every resolution. The data shown in reviews is relevant, im not saying its false. But like ive said, it does not apply to day to day usage. Are you gonna buy this nearly one thousand dollar 5950 and game at 1080 low details ? So you can show a bigger discrepancy ? Are you gonna game at 1440p and medium details then ? When youi're actually gonna use these cpu's as nearly all of us are gonna use them, intel is not defeated. AMD's nearly double the price 5950 trades blows with a 10900, sometimes it comes on top, sometimes bellow. Depending on the game. AMD being the far more expensive alternative now in every area and just matching intel in gaming, its a win for amd, but theres no reason for people to just jump blindly on these cpu's.

If you'd actually looked at the article, there is a difference even at 4k, same at 1440p. The cpu is important in every resolution. The data shown in reviews is relevant, im not saying its false. But like ive said, it does not apply to day to day usage. Are you gonna buy this nearly one thousand dollar 5950 and game at 1080 low details ? So you can show a bigger discrepancy ? Are you gonna game at 1440p and medium details then ? When youi're actually gonna use these cpu's as nearly all of us are gonna use them, intel is not defeated. AMD's nearly double the price 5950 trades blows with a 10900, sometimes it comes on top, sometimes bellow. Depending on the game. AMD being the far more expensive alternative now in every area and just matching intel in gaming, its a win for amd, but theres no reason for people to just jump blindly on these cpu's.

If you make this type of argument, then you can just go for a ryzen 2.

If you make this type of argument, then you can just go for a ryzen 2.

no, because those are poorer than intel at every resolution and suffer at 1%, you're stuttering with them. What exactly is wrong with my argument ? That AMD doesnt actually shit on intel when you';re gaming like a normal person ? Is there a fault in my argument ? In my corner of europe these cpu's from amd are at least a hundred dollars more than intel's equivalent. A hundred dollars at the lowest end and much more in the case of 5900 or 5950.

People are acting like AMD just released something that makes intel obsolete when the actual fact is that it matched intel's 9900k from 2 years ago with the 5800x at a higher price and matched the 10900 at double the price with a 5950. If you're only looking at gaming, youre just paying more money for amd now to get intel's 2018 performance. If you're into work and productivity, thats another matter entirely. But otherwise theres not much reason to jump through hoops and change platforms if you're already well equiped from intel

Last edited:

FireFly

I am not the one claiming there is a margin of error difference! But the point is that if you want to assess the strength of a lead in CPU performance, you have to test in benchmarks where the CPU is the limiting factor. If you don't think performance at 1080p is representative of performance at other resolutions, then ok (though you have not shown this) – we can wait until next gen titles that stress the CPU a lot more arrive.

Last edited:

Jezbollah

Well fucking RIP me.

Turns out ordering at Scan at 14:02, and finally getting the order confirmation at 14:10 due to the website being slow means I missed out on the launch 5900X.

Just got a mail earlier saying mine was a "pre-order" - no, it wasnt. And money has gone out of my account.

Oh well, onto the queue system it is then..

no, because those are poorer than intel at every resolution and suffer at 1%, you're stuttering with them. What exactly is wrong with my argument ? That AMD doesnt actually shit on intel when you';re gaming like a normal person ? Is there a fault in my argument ? In my corner of europe these cpu's from amd are at least a hundred dollars more than intel's equivalent. A hundred dollars at the lowest end and much more in the case of 5900 or 5950.

People are acting like AMD just released something that makes intel obsolete when the actual fact is that it matched intel's 9900k from 2 years ago with the 5800x at a higher price and matched the 10900 at double the price with a 5950. If you're only looking at gaming, youre just paying more money for amd now to get intel's 2018 performance. If you're into work and productivity, thats another matter entirely. But otherwise theres not much reason to jump through hoops and change platforms if you're already well equiped from intel

They stutter? Ok lol.
They are slower in some games even at 1440p, but not by a huge margin.

But yeah if you have a recent intel cpu you dont really need to upgrade.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
They stutter? Ok lol.
They are slower in some games even at 1440p, but not by a huge margin.

But yeah if you have a recent intel cpu you dont really need to upgrade.
I mean, you don't need to upgrade if you have a recent AMD either just the same.

Dude is just trolling. Oh so these cpus are even better, meh, I can get a cheaper Intel and game good. But then, getting an even cheaper Zen 2 and gaming good is not because they're also worse in some tests (and the margin is lesser and lesser in higher settings). It matters when it suits Intel :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Wow, absolutely shocking that when the CPU is not the limiting factor, there is no real difference. But I guess if AMD ever does eke out a significant lead at 4K, we can just move up to 8K.

That's the problem I personally have with all the CPU reviews in the past decade or so - people who spend 500, 700, 1000,$ on a CPU don't play on 1080p (let alone 720p lol, even smartphone users don't play on it), those people play at a minimum of 1440p 144Hz, or more, or 4K, or 4K 120Hz, so all those tests are completely worthless, they have absolutely nothing to do with the actual real-life applications, that's basically false marketing 101 if you ask me. All those tests are there just to drive the clickbait titles to drawn the attention of the fanboys to get clicks and views, nothing more, but as a guide to which CPU will suit my needs the best? It's all useless trash.

But thankfully there are still some sites/YT channels that do tests in high resolutions, that do help to chose which CPU to get to not overspend for something that won't give you even a single FPS boost, because let's be honest, all those >1080p tests clearly show there's virtually zero difference between the CPUs, be it AMD vs Intel, i9/R9 vs i5/R5, this year's models vs few year old ones. The truth is, current-gen consoles have set the base so depressingly low, it's really really hard to get to a scenario where the CPU is the limiting factor, it's better to either save some nice cash on the CPU or put it onto the GPU which is what's doing 99% of the work.

b0uncyfr0

Same boat - im only interesting in 1440p/1620p results. 1080p is just too blurry for me. Thing is, my overclocked 3770k is doing a decent job already. The 5600x is also overpriced. It's 325 eruos, i can get the 3900x for 420 and a 3700x for 280 euros..

FireFly

That's the problem I personally have with all the CPU reviews in the past decade or so - people who spend 500, 700, 1000,$ on a CPU don't play on 1080p (let alone 720p lol, even smartphone users don't play on it), those people play at a minimum of 1440p 144Hz, or more, or 4K, or 4K 120Hz, so all those tests are completely worthless, they have absolutely nothing to do with the actual real-life applications, that's basically false marketing 101 if you ask me. All those tests are there just to drive the clickbait titles to drawn the attention of the fanboys to get clicks and views, nothing more, but as a guide to which CPU will suit my needs the best? It's all useless trash.

But thankfully there are still some sites/YT channels that do tests in high resolutions, that do help to chose which CPU to get to not overspend for something that won't give you even a single FPS boost, because let's be honest, all those >1080p tests clearly show there's virtually zero difference between the CPUs, be it AMD vs Intel, i9/R9 vs i5/R5, this year's models vs few year old ones. The truth is, current-gen consoles have set the base so depressingly low, it's really really hard to get to a scenario where the CPU is the limiting factor, it's better to either save some nice cash on the CPU or put it onto the GPU which is what's doing 99% of the work.
Right, but if you buy a CPU to last a long time, it's normal to want to know how much performance will be left for future more demanding titles. Testing at lower resolutions is one way to get an idea of this. I'm not saying it is 100% representative, but it at least gives you an idea of the performance potential of a product.

You can think about it the other way around. Imagine only reviewers had 1440p and 4K monitors. Then benchmarking at these resolutions would serve little purpose in terms of demonstrating the GPU performance PC gamers could actually expect to see. But in CPU limited applications it would still be a useful data point for comparing the power of various GPUs. (Not a perfect one, but then neither are current GPU benchmarks perfect for gauging performance in next generation titles)

Last edited:

Ascend

Just so I'm not misunderstanding something here.

I took a look at the benchmarks. It seems like if you game at 1440p and above at higher settings that the gaming performance of the higher-end CPUs is essentially going to be identical outside of some edge cases.

Am I reading that right?
Yes, and that is always the case, because higher resolutions strain the graphics cards a lot more. That means that the graphics card gets relatively slower, and thus slower CPUs can keep up with it. The lower your resolution, the more important your CPU becomes.

ZywyPL

Banned
Right, but if you buy a CPU to last a long time, it's normal to want to know how much performance will be left for future more demanding titles. Testing at lower resolutions is one way to get an idea of this. I'm not saying it is 100% representative, but it at least gives you an idea of the performance potential of a product.

You can think about it the other way around. Imagine only reviewers had 1440p and 4K monitors. Then benchmarking at these resolutions would serve little purpose in terms of demonstrating the GPU performance PC gamers could actually expect to see. But in CPU limited applications it would still be a useful data point for comparing the power of various GPUs. (Not a perfect one, but then neither are current GPU benchmarks perfect for gauging performance in next generation titles)

Except future proofing is not a thing on PC, never was and never will, by the time all those XX threads will be put into actual work there will already be something like R3 9400X on the market that will run circles around current 5950X, for a fraction of its price, that's just the way things work. Like I say, it's way more beneficial to put that money into RTX3090/6900XT, than putting extra investment into tens of (unused) threads paired with a mid-tier GPU instead.

FireFly

Except future proofing is not a thing on PC, never was and never will, by the time all those XX threads will be put into actual work there will already be something like R3 9400X on the market that will run circles around current 5950X, for a fraction of its price, that's just the way things work. Like I say, it's way more beneficial to put that money into RTX3090/6900XT, than putting extra investment into tens of (unused) threads paired with a mid-tier GPU instead.
I don't like the term "future proofing", because it implies that you can somehow prevent a product's relative performance from diminishing. I think it is best to look at it as "time taken for performance to fall below an acceptable threshold". If your CPU is delivering the performance you require, then there is really no point in upgrading. So really, going for a faster CPU now is just buying you more time where you don't have to upgrade.

In that regard, having the performance figures for lower resolutions will give you at least an idea of how much performance is "left" in a given architecture. This isn't a question of cores, since it is not as if lowering the resolution will put all those cores to use. It is more a question of architectures, and how much "extra time" going for a newer architecture will get you. As an example, if you are only testing at 1440p, you might think Zen+ CPUs are "fine" for gaming, but with the next generation of titles coming, we should expect performance on these CPUs to fall below acceptable levels.

Last edited:

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Well, looks like I’m keeping the 5600X. Going to return my 5800X and cancel the 5900X. I’m only using it for gaming and what a beast the 5600X is for that. By the time games take advantage of more cores, I’ll just swap it out. No point in spending double right now.

Same boat - im only interesting in 1440p/1620p results. 1080p is just too blurry for me. Thing is, my overclocked 3770k is doing a decent job already. The 5600x is also overpriced. It's 325 eruos, i can get the 3900x for 420 and a 3700x for 280 euros..
I have a 4670k and there’s no way this thing pairs well with my new 3080. I am thrilled to upgrade it. Happy I waited awhile, too, since it’s a great time for a CPU.

Well, looks like I’m keeping the 5600X. Going to return my 5800X and cancel the 5900X. I’m only using it for gaming and what a beast the 5600X is for that. By the time games take advantage of more cores, I’ll just swap it out. No point in spending double right now.

I have a 4670k and there’s no way this thing pairs well with my new 3080. I am thrilled to upgrade it. Happy I waited awhile, too, since it’s a great time for a CPU.

Do you have the 5800x? Cuz I would happily buy it off you. Send me a PM if you want.

Last edited:

dave_d

Thats correct. People are overly excited and are misrepresenting data. Intel is not beaten in gaming. AMD nearly caught up. These reviews mostly test in forced, unrealistic scenarios where they isolate the cpu so much that it has no aplication in real life situations that most of us are gonna use it, especially for gaming. Benchmarking at 720p or 1080p with low settings for example. Like, who's gonna use it like that ? That just inflates the scores by using an extreme cpu isolation method. Jayz benchmarked at 1080p and 1440p but used 50-70% of the games details to shift focus to the cpu. Why ?

You can hardly find proper 1440p and 4k gaming benchmarks that run at full details. In fact, ive only seen a couple reviews. The rest are using the outdated methodology of super isolation of the cpu instead of real life scenarios.

Here you can find 4k gaming benchmarks in a few games. Intel takes 4 games and ryzen takes 3. By margin of error numbers. Intel also seems to have better 1% results on ocassion. And most of all, Intel is now the value option. At least where im at, intel is cheaper across the board. A ryzen 5800x is a hundred dollars more than a 10700 or 9900k which it trades blows with. And a 5950x is almost twice the price of a 10900. Why would i buy an amd cpu in this case ?

Guess I shouldn't be that surprised. I mean one of the things I've noticed in a lot of the reviews is the ignoring of price or even misleading usage of it. I mean for example comparing a 3800x to a 5800x and saying it's a price difference of $400 to $450 because that's the MSRP at release when the former regularly sells at $320-$350. (Actually it's gone up in the past few weeks) True with a $50 difference the 5800x doesn't seem that much more expensive but 100-130? Plus the whole thing about not comparing a 5600x to a 3700x even though they're price similar. They're both $300 chips but the 5600x does have better single threaded performance. (Multithreaded performance they trade blows) Admittedly for me it still probably makes sense to get a 5600x over a 3800xt mostly because if I keep the 3800xt I still need to get a cooler and the 5600x comes with one. (I'll probably just start assembling regardless once I get the video card.)

Ascend

I agree that there's no such thing as future proofing, but, the concept has value. That concept is to get the most value out of your CPU, which means to be able to use it as long as possible.

It's the reason I got an X470 motherboard with a 1700. I went with X470 because I suspected that it would be better supported in the long run than the X370, and I knew X570 would be expensive. I went with the 1700 rather than the 2000 series because it was dirt cheap. It offered the ability to use my 'future proof' motherboard with a good enough CPU and enable my upgrade later to a 'future proof' CPU. The vision was to upgrade to the best CPU that will be available on the AM4 platform, or, that my motherboard will support.

Technically, something like the 4790k was quite a future proof CPU. Even today, it runs most games fine, as long as you're gaming at high resolutions or you are content with 60fps rather than 120fps. That is something the 4690k does not achieve, even though at the time, i7 CPUs were considered to be a waste of money for gaming compared to the i5. But if you went with the i7, you could still have used your CPU for gaming today, unlike the i5. It's not exactly future proofing, but, it is extending the value of what you bought.

One must also not forget that upgrading at a later date not only is paired with simply getting a faster CPU, but that it also comes along with at least a new motherboard and a different RAM configuration. The 4790k was $380, and the 4690k was $280. For $100 more, you could have played games for about 3 more years (which is actually almost twice as long) before having to upgrade to a new motherboard, CPU and RAM.

I am definitely going with a 16C/32T CPU. If my motherboard ends up supporting the 5000 series, it's going to be the 5950X. If not, it's the 3950X. I consider the 5950X more future proof, obviously, because I doubt its IPC will be trumped by much in the upcoming years by either Intel or AMD. I use my PC for more than just gaming as well. Technology moves fast, and I don't plan on upgrading again for at least 5 years.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Do you have the 5800x? Cuz I would happily buy it off you. Send me a PM if you want.
Yeah, it arrives Tuesday. I'll try to get rid of it locally since it'll be easier. But if I can't, I'll let you know. PM me on Tuesday. Retail plus shipping is all I ask!

Ascend

Going for the 3700x or the 3900x over the 5600x for gaming is a very poor choice. The 5600X is by far much better for gaming. The 5600X is worth its price.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Finally Testing games got his 5900X.
Hell of a job from AMD Intels gains on 11th gen seem sus but if they really are getting those claimed gains this fight is far from over.

Super tempted to just get a 5600X even in rendering tests it scores very close to 3800X and in gaming it more than gets the job done.

PhoenixTank

1440p, sometimes downsampled 4k. Highest fps possible. 144hz.
The 8700k is at 4.8 but not stable. I hate oc'ing.

Just gaming and excel/word.
At downsampled 4k it won't matter. 1440p I'd still lean no. You're going to mostly be GPU limited at that resolution with either your current or prospective new CPU. If you were keen to sacrifice graphical quality options to get the extra FPS maybe but I'd hold onto what you've got on the CPU side unless there is a problem. For perspective a lot of 1440p144 users were fine with Zen 2's performance relative to their graphics card.

Bear in mind I didn't track down a lot of good/easily comparable 1440p data for both of the CPUs. Welcome links/graphs from others to help make the decision more clear cut.

Ascend

1440p, sometimes downsampled 4k. Highest fps possible. 144hz.
The 8700k is at 4.8 but not stable. I hate oc'ing.

Just gaming and excel/word.
8700k should still be fine for now.
You're better off with a 6800XT instead of the 3080(most likely), if you don't game at native 4K.

At downsampled 4k it won't matter. 1440p I'd still lean no. You're going to mostly be GPU limited at that resolution with either your current or prospective new CPU. If you were keen to sacrifice graphical quality options to get the extra FPS maybe but I'd hold onto what you've got on the CPU side unless there is a problem. For perspective a lot of 1440p144 users were fine with Zen 2's performance relative to their graphics card.

Bear in mind I didn't track down a lot of good/easily comparable 1440p data for both of the CPUs. Welcome links/graphs from others to help make the decision more clear cut.
8700k should still be fine for now.
You're better off with a 6800XT instead of the 3080(most likely), if you don't game at native 4K.
You're probably right. But i still want to.

PhoenixTank

You're probably right. But i still want to.
Really up to you. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket that is your call. I just don't like seeing potential buyer's remorse.
Isn't clear whether you already got the GPU. If there is a jump from what you have now, then maybe scratch that itch with just a GPU upgrade? See how your performance is then before proceeding further.
3080 will scale better at 4K compared to lower resolutions, though.

These hardware launches are killing me. Thankfully, after this one I should be set for a few years. Was looking on Newegg at my purchase history and saw that most of my current computer was bought back in 2016. Lol

Really up to you. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket that is your call. I just don't like seeing potential buyer's remorse.
Isn't clear whether you already got the GPU. If there is a jump from what you have now, then maybe scratch that itch with just a GPU upgrade? See how your performance is then before proceeding further.
3080 will scale better at 4K compared to lower resolutions, though.
Yes, i already have a 3080.

I'm also looking for a m2 ssd gen 4, 1tb. I'm tired of gaming in HDDs. I need a new motherboard for that.

rnlval

7jACubu.jpg

Besides L3 cache improvements, there are other improvements from Zen 2 to Zen 3.

Nydus

Gold Member
Ah here come the "but but 4k!!!" Brigade.

Those reviews are not for gaming at 1080p or to convince 10th gen owners to swap.

It's a glimpse into the future. Because your fucking 1440p now is the 1080p of the future.

Guess what. My 7700k is bottlenecking a 3080 HARD at 1440p and most likely even at 4k to some extent.

The more powerful your GPU, the more your CPU must deliver.

Will I upgrade my GPU every Generation? Most likely. Will I upgrade my CPU and motherboard every Generation? Fuck no.

If you have a fairly recent CPU your fine and your buying decision was a good choice. If you want to buy now, Intel is not the way to go this time around.

Thank CHRIST!

I wanted a 5900x, but managed to get a 5800x just now on Newegg and I am more than happy. For people who have still yet to get one, with regards to NE, my recommendation is to also have their app installed and be signed in on it. I couldn't add to cart on the website, kept getting "Oops! An error occurred on our side. Try again later." but after a few failed attempts, I tried the app and the purchase went through. Immediately after it was out of stock again.

PhoenixTank

Yes, i already have a 3080.

I'm also looking for a m2 ssd gen 4, 1tb. I'm tired of gaming in HDDs. I need a new motherboard for that.
Fair play to you. Avoid the first wave of PCIE 4 m.2 ssds if you can. e.g. Corsair MP600. The second wave has better controllers I believe, but I haven't looked in detail yet. Samsung have one (at a cost). I think WD have one too?

Guess what. My 7700k is bottlenecking a 3080 HARD at 1440p and most likely even at 4k to some extent.
You didn't really tag or reply to anyone so I'm not sure if you're shouting into the void here or...?
That said is the bottlenecking not more down to 4C/8T?

Armorian

Banned
My 5600x will arrive in monday!

Yes, ABSOLUTE highest power 720p/1080p benchmarks are important as they show maximum performance when GPU is not a limiting factor. 3600 may be fine (it isn't I have it) for 1440p/60 this year but it won't be for next wave of games.

McHuj

5950X came in today.

I'm still trying to figure out my cooling solution (currently Noctua), but I've played some BF5 and Warzone tonight (5950X with a Asus 3080 at 1440p). With BF5 I was averaging 144Hz (ultra settings no RTX) and with Warzone was 110+ FPS (don't remember the exact settings and fps). One thing that I can say is that I did not notice any stutter especially with BF5 like had with my old 6700k. Overall the game play seemed really smooth like it's meant to be. The 1% frame rates must be much higher than before for me not to notice anything.

It's a little crazy to see 32 CPU's in the Windows resource manager.

Bboy AJ

Very happy to see people getting their CPUs. Hope you’re all loving it. Mine comes Monday. Very excited. I’m putting everything on my new build together and hope to just plug it in on Monday.

Last edited:
I’ve got a 5600x ready for pickup and a 5900x on order, I don’t have the board yet (asus dark hero) but I’m thinking of sticking with the 5600x and putting in a pcie 4.0 m.2 ssd with the price difference.
Decisions decisions

Kenpachii

It's clear you don't play cpu demanding games. A lot of people do play cpu demanding games and they do see a difference.
Go play anno 1800 / they are billions / ac odyssey / guild wars 2 and tell me how cpu performance doesn't matter.

For my personal needs for gaming/ CPU is the most important factor for performance, i rather spend money on a bit faster cpu then a bit faster gpu.

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
It's clear you don't play cpu demanding games. A lot of people do play cpu demanding games and they do see a difference.
Go play anno 1800 / they are billions / ac odyssey / guild wars 2 and tell me how cpu performance doesn't matter.

For my personal needs for gaming/ CPU is the most important factor for performance, i rather spend money on a bit faster cpu then a bit faster gpu.

Exactly, I play FC ND once in a awhile and this game has locations that drop below 60 FPS on 3600 (OC to 4.3GHz), same goes fro games with RT (like Deliver us the Moon or Crysis R) and now fucking WatchDogs can drop FPS below 40FPS (to 39 or 38 which isis below my VRR window) and this drives me nuts. More CPU power is the way to go but more cores? Still not right now so 5600X will be fine for some time.

Pakoe

Gold Member

I had an 8600 before the 5800x paired with an 3080 and even i'm seeing better stats on 3440x1440.
WDL used to run really choppy with RT+DLSS, max fps was around 60 but it also had dips to 25. With the 5800 i'm getting stable frames around 70-80. Same goes for Insurgency Sandstorm. Used to run choppy around 60 fps, now its stable between 130-140.
I also upgraded my RAM though, so that might've helped as well. Went from 16GB 2666 to 3600mhz.

Last edited:
Top Bottom