• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Origin of all conspiracy...

Every conspiracy, regardless if they oppose one another, leads back to the same falsehood: a person who has wealth obtains power, then does a corrupt thing with both.

The universal secular quote that establish this conspiracy, "money is the root of all evil", is a misquote. The actual verse is:

"For the love of money is the root of all evil".

Greed.

Most conspiracies can be dismantled by asking "why" several times. Statistically, most people with wealth (high net worth) (not to be confused with "being rich") and power (large influence over many) (not to be confused with "control") do not love money. In fact, the few who fit in these categories (in economics we call this group "The 2%", or as a conspiracist, "The 1%", to make it seem like wealth is not obtainable) give large percentage of their wealth away.

There is a verse and quote that juxtaposed the previous quote, we sometimes say "Be wise with your money". When it comes to conspiracy, a verse that comes to mind is:

"For wisdom is a protection just as money is a protection, but the advantage of knowledge is this: Wisdom preserves the life of its owner".

Interesting how wisdom and money can be both protection and wisdom is what give life.

Conspiracy is a lack of wisdom, false knowledge.

Conspiracies are generational. They tie in the wealthiest person of that time to falsehoods because we are attracted to the fear that wealth can bring.

Fear of the non-existing unknown. The dopamine in our brain fills in the gap of unknown unknowns (intentional) with ideas.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
XpIfooM.jpg

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I took a history course on conspiracies in college. Was taught by one of the top guys in the history department and analyzed how common its been throughout history. Many religious / race based conspiracies, secret societies, etc. Its not necessarily unique to modern times, but the internet age definitely amplifies its speed and reach.

Its really not that difficult to imagine it as basic attempts at reasoning that is common among all humans. People searching for answers and the stories spread. Its really only countered by careful critical thinking and reasoning; honest logic and science. It's only a "conspiracy" if its not accurate. As soon as you aren't carefully checking facts and questioning your own assumptions then anyone can easily get swept up by it in a moment of careless or lazy thinking.

Last edited:

Gun Animal

A conspiracy is a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful, something which happans all the time, every day, all over the world.

A conspiracy theory refers to any theory, hypothesis or wild speculation about a conspiracy. Some conspiracy theories have later been proven true, and some others are easy enough to piece together by pure reason. Many are obviously false.

Talking about the origin of all "conspiracies" as you put it is like talking about the cure for cancer. OP reminds of the Lifeline scene from Donnie Darko in its reduction of a very complex part of the human experience---when and where people recognize patterns in the behavior of others and their outcomes, how phenomena is interpreted---into "fear of the unknown." Allow me to make my own reduction: the origin of all bad forum posts on the internet is being cringe.

*Nightwing

Life is often much simpler than we end up over complicating it.

Humans hubris give us confirmation bias in thinking we are above base animalistic behavior.

We all want to win and be the best and it is natural to bend and break the rules to get there. Those that are rich and powerful will bend and break the rules to keep thier riches and power. They have added resources to help them. And since the winners write history, they get away with it. Greed and self preservation base animal instincts

Story as old as time only followed close behind by the next one about the guy who sees signs of the aforementioned and thinks it’s some grand international conspiracy spanning written history itself over complicating the whole thing when it’s as simple an answer as greed and self preservation

kalecsan

Banned
Don't even bother, the internet is full of betards from the left or right selling their agendas. They NEED the evil Soros, Gates, Trumps, etc. The same way christianity needs the devil or the commies capitalism.

carlosrox

Banned
we are attracted to the fear

Certainly noticed a lot of that the last two years, yup. ✅

Though fear isn't even the word I'd use cuz I don't see much of that either, more like faux fear.

-Conspiracies have been proven correct before

-Not all conspiracies are equal

-Most conspiracies people "believe in" is usually tied with lots of uncertainty; I find people 100% believing in any one theory to be a minority, usually it's like "this is sketchy", "there could be more to this", "I don't necessarily believe in everything I've been told", etc. It's as simple as being skeptical of what you've been told.

People are desperate to undermine the opinions of others these days. Whether you call them a bigot, some kind of phobe or ist, Trump supporter, "anti vaxxer", "conspiracy theorist" etc. It's a bunch of bullshit labels cuz they can't find any other way to downplay what you have to say. And things have been engineered this way, especially these days.

These are the days of cancel culture and suddenly pretending to care about killing random strangers by going outside without wearing a muzzle.

I remember when Demolition Man used to be a joke. Now we're probably worse than that.

I've rolled my eyes into my fucking skull seeing people unironically greet eachother with their legs, elbows, etc. We've actually surpassed this level of stupidity.

HOW DARE YOU WRONG THINK!

Last edited:
I think that deep down most conspiracy theories stem from people trying to grasp the complexity of the world, by placing uncontrollable things in the hands of some all powerful agent.

dr_octagon

Banned
Lightbulb lifespan and pricing are definitely conspiracy, should call the group the 'illuminated' or something I dunno.

My builder sometimes gives aways bricks and does work for no charge, we call him the free mason.

BigBooper

Which rich person are you?

Who gained by pretending the moon landing was faked?

Who gained by pretending they were abducted by aliens? Obviously some people sold books, etc... but they weren't exactly rich people.

Gun Animal

Which rich person are you?

Who gained by pretending the moon landing was faked?

Who gained by pretending they were abducted by aliens? Obviously some people sold books, etc... but they weren't exactly rich people.
As societies become more complex and technology becomes more advanced, the number of real, necessary jobs relative to population shrinks and people scrounge to survive by filling ever more obscure niches in the market. Being a semi-professional conspiracy theorist has about the same odds of "making it" and about the same income cap as being a semi-professional Etsy shop owner, which is not much, yet how many people do you know trying to run Etsy shops?

Also, conspiracy theorist communities are very welcoming and encouraging to vocal members, and being liked by other people is the most important thing to any human after physical needs are met. By contrast, publically affirming that everything the government and major news outlets say is true will not exactly win you any favors.

This doesn't necessarily mean they're faking it, most of them aren't. But economic and social incentives---even small ones---can cloud a person's judgement.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Every conspiracy, regardless if they oppose one another, leads back to the same falsehood: a person who has wealth obtains power, then does a corrupt thing with both.

The universal secular quote that establish this conspiracy, "money is the root of all evil", is a misquote. The actual verse is:

"For the love of money is the root of all evil".

Greed.

Most conspiracies can be dismantled by asking "why" several times. Statistically, most people with wealth (high net worth) (not to be confused with "being rich") and power (large influence over many) (not to be confused with "control") do not love money. In fact, the few who fit in these categories (in economics we call this group "The 2%", or as a conspiracist, "The 1%", to make it seem like wealth is not obtainable) give large percentage of their wealth away.

There is a verse and quote that juxtaposed the previous quote, we sometimes say "Be wise with your money". When it comes to conspiracy, a verse that comes to mind is:

"For wisdom is a protection just as money is a protection, but the advantage of knowledge is this: Wisdom preserves the life of its owner".

Interesting how wisdom and money can be both protection and wisdom is what give life.

Conspiracy is a lack of wisdom, false knowledge.

Conspiracies are generational. They tie in the wealthiest person of that time to falsehoods because we are attracted to the fear that wealth can bring.

Fear of the non-existing unknown. The dopamine in our brain fills in the gap of unknown unknowns (intentional) with ideas.

The fundamental underlying truth is that humans respond to incentives. If you can gain, the instinct is to capitalize on that advantage for the benefit of you and yours.

If you are rich and powerful the social and hierarchical levers you can throw are bigger and more impactful; little "evil" becomes magnified to the point of corruption because that's the environment you inhabit.

A conspiracy is just a confluence of these actions.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
IMO it has always been basic psychology. A person holds some set of beliefs about the world, factually correct or incorrect, doesn't matter. A traumatic or sensational event occurs (9/11, SARS-CoV-2, human-driven climate change, the moon landing, some scientific discovery is made like electricity or vaccines, whatever) that challenges their beliefs or questions their perception of reality - what in their heart they know to be true. They end up being linked together with like minded/thinking people, and voila - the egg of a conspiracy theory is lain, just waiting to hatch and be nurtured into craziness.

The internet and social media merely amplified this to a grotesque level.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I just think it's interesting how Satan and his dark pals used their giant nephilim brains to perform the oldest trick in the book:

Convince a bunch of old and unfathomably rich baby-drinking lizard dudes who enjoy protractors and monophthalmic triangles to use their dirty money to utilize alien weather control devices to squish the earth into a giant space frisby so they can more easily spy over the entirety of humankind and find out every teensy detail of our lives so they can get even richer selling us cool stuff we don't need while they pump us full of magnetic autism juice and addictive flouride water which also makes us into pan-romantic asexual zombies when combined with all the aerosol chemtrails they rain down on us from above to lower the population and keep the world dumb and hateful of anyone who isn't a clone of ourselves and doesn't know how to dance on TikTok.

Pool Drone GIF

Last edited:
The problem is not the wealth *itself*, it's the disproportionate levels of power attached to that wealth. With that disparity, there is an inherent indifference that can find expression, and that indifference can manifest itself in harmful ways to those without such resources.

As you walk down the road, you consider not the ants beneath your feet.

BigBooper

The problem is not the wealth *itself*, it's the disproportionate levels of power attached to that wealth. With that disparity, there is an inherent indifference that can find expression, and that indifference can manifest itself in harmful ways to those without such resources.

As you walk down the road, you consider not the ants beneath your feet.
What about the ants who look like tiny humans?

Kamina

Golden Boy
I just think it's interesting how Satan and his dark pals used their giant nephilim brains to perform the oldest trick in the book:

Convince a bunch of old and unfathomably rich baby-drinking lizard dudes who enjoy protractors and monophthalmic triangles to use their dirty money to utilize alien weather control devices to squish the earth into a giant space frisby so they can more easily spy over the entirety of humankind and find out every teensy detail of our lives so they can get even richer selling us cool stuff we don't need while they pump us full of magnetic autism juice and addictive flouride water which also makes us into pan-romantic asexual zombies when combined with all the aerosol chemtrails they rain down on us from above to lower the population and keep the world dumb and hateful of anyone who isn't a clone of ourselves and doesn't know how to dance on TikTok.

Pool Drone GIF
Keanu Reeves Reaction GIF

Top Bottom