• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Orville: New Horizons | OT |

Liljagare

Man, what a great ride this episode was, Best of Trek, and toss in some Star Wars, and let Seth stir the pot.

Hoping for a few more seasons, it seems they are good at coming up with new plots, without really dropping the pace.

I really hope he gets the chance with a major IP one day, he feels similar with Peter Jackson, who went from Braindead to LOTR.

Last edited:

anthraticus

Banned
This new season is WAYYYY more serious. No longer a straight comedy. IMO, it's better this way. It really IS like TNG in this new season. The stories have been REALLY good!
Meh. The comedy and little weird sci-fish stuff here & there was the draw for me with this show. Think I'll eject, but thanks for saving me some time though.

I really hope he gets the chance with a major IP one day, he feels similar with Peter Jackson, who went from Braindead to LOTR.
I actually would find it hilarious yet amazing if he also manages to get the greenlight on a new show that's a better star wars than current day star wars. Because honestly Orville was a better Star Trek than most of current Trek. I bet he's had a ton of untapped ideas ever since making that Star Wars Family Guy special.

Wayyyyyyyyy too serious this season. I don't need dick and fart jokes, but c'mon man.

And the sandwich payoff was lackluster. My day was ruined.

Last edited:

JayK47

Finally wrapped this up. Pretty decent "season" in my opinion. I would like to see more seasons, but it may not happen thanks to the show moving to Disney+. I have no faith in Disney anymore. They ruin everything they touch lately. On Hulu the show had more creative freedom and budget and it showed. Here is hoping they can do a few more seasons without Disney interference.

Denton

Watching the third season (it is great), the Gordon outburst at Moclans in ep8 kinda made me think Moclans are basically Russians :D

And then the next episode, when Moclans go to Krill and bitch about the Planetary Union being "Elitist fools who impose their values on others while refusing to confront their own hypocrisy", those were Russians talking about the West :D

Funny show

Last edited:

Denton

And in the next episode, Mercer flat out namedrops molotov-ribbentrop, lmao

Seth you unsubtle bastard

Denton

Wow, I didn't expect to hear Darude Sandstorm on Orville. Last episode is hilarious and if it is a finale, then the show went out on a great note. Loved this season.

"You've been useful, Sober Man. You may go now."

Top Bottom