• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Outlast Trials coming 18th May 2023 in Early Access

Bartski

Gold Member

via https://redbarrelsgames.com/
MARCH 10, 2023

The Outlast Trials Early Access coming May 18th, 2023​

We are excited to officially announced the Early Access release date for The Outlast Trials, which will come to Steam and Epic Games Store on May 18, 2023.

Watch The Outlast Trials – Early Access Date Announcement Trailer here.

Wishlist The Outlast Trials on Steam and the Epic Store

Players were first granted access to Murkoff’s Sinyala Facility last Halloween for the Closed Beta experience. Running from Friday 28 October to Tuesday 1 November, almost 1 million players signed up for the terrifying challenge, with successful players racking up a total of 35 years of playtime spent in the Closed Beta weekend.

The Outlast Trials Closed Beta gameplay data:

• 225,363 player deaths
  • 656,180 players incapacitated
  • 352,851,550 secs (11 years) spent in Night Vision
  • 1,841,161 number of times Active Skill was used
  • 35 years total time spent in The Outlast Trials by players during the Closed Beta
“The Closed Beta was just a taste of what’s to come in The Outlast Trials,” said Philippe Morin, Co-Founder of Red Barrels. “Our first round of willing participants to take part in the trials provided us with some insightful feedback and very interesting data, which we have used to improve the experience.“We received so many requests for the Closed Beta that we’re looking forward to welcoming even more players to The Outlast Trials when it comes to Early Access on May 18th.”

A brand new take on the acclaimed Outlast survival horror series, The Outlast Trials is set in the same terrifying universe as the previous titles, only this time you can choose to play on your own or with friends in a team of up to four people.

Set in the height of the Cold War era, players take on the role of test subjects abducted by the shadowy Murkoff Corporation. Imprisoned in a secret Murkoff facility, players will be thrust into a series of physical and mental ordeals, tormented by iconic characters, and challenged alone or in teams to survive with their sanity intact.

Further information about pricing and the content available in The Outlast Trials Early Access will be revealed soon.

drotahorror

uDCyugl.jpg

Game is crushing it on Steam. I loved Outlast 1 and 2 but...I'm not really sold on this one. Need to watch more gameplay.

Watched some streamers play this in co-op and it looked really fun. Got through the first level solo with a B+ rating, but it was pretty tough. Think I'm gonna convince a friend to pick it up and play it with me...

Bartski

Gold Member
uDCyugl.jpg

Game is crushing it on Steam. I loved Outlast 1 and 2 but...I'm not really sold on this one. Need to watch more gameplay.
It looks a bit janky as you'd expect from an MP game but it's great fun and really like nothing else. I played the closed beta a while back and loved it.

I planned on skipping early access to wait for the full console release (too many games lined up too little time...) but I may pull the trigger depending on when they plan to drop v1.0, still unannounced.

hlm666

It's good they are not creating outlast again, loved the first but was kinda getting bored in the 2nd by the time you get to the forest/tunnels part. Multiplayer horror games just are not scarey or tense though, will keep my eye on it. Might be worth it just to play on a weekend or 2 with some friends after a few drinks laughing at each other being gutted.

Bartski

Gold Member
It's good they are not creating outlast again, loved the first but was kinda getting bored in the 2nd by the time you get to the forest/tunnels part. Multiplayer horror games just are not scarey or tense though, will keep my eye on it. Might be worth it just to play on a weekend or 2 with some friends after a few drinks laughing at each other being gutted.
Its a co-op stealth game with horror ish vibes, I do t think being scary was their goal

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Outlast Trials is a co-op horror gauntlet where you'll work together with friends to face down the twisted machinations of the Murkoff Corporation. Check out the bone-chilling opening minutes, captured on PC at 1080p 60FPS.

As the newest recruit of the diabolical Murkoff Corporation, you and your fellow captives are given an insurmountable task; Forget your past, leave yourself behind, and perform... under pressure. Prove yourself, and you might just earn your freedom.

Last edited:
Top Bottom