• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The overall sales of elden ring in UK is 52.7% for PlayStation and 25.1% for xbox (digital+physical sales) split of 2:1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingfey

Banned
The physical is 30%, while digital is 70%. Playstation got 80% of that 30%, while also getting 41% of 70%. That would give us roughly 52.7% of over all sales on Playstation. For xbox, it's 17% of 30% and 29% of 70%, that would give us 25.1% of over all sales.
This is in-line with the hardware split.

Hope this ends the physical and digital sales debate.

Edit: Seems I got my data little bit wrong. The split is 41% to 29%.

Last edited:
That would make sense seeing ass PS4 and PS5 combine has sold more then double Xbox One & Series console thus the game sales should reflect that

Not exactly surprising considering that there are over twice as many PlayStation console owners than Xbox ones.

For your information though, I bought Elden Ring for my Xbox Series X rather than PS5 as I have a VRR capable TV. :cool:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I am sure Elden Ring being sandwiched between Horizon Forbidden West and Gran Turismo 7 (two of PlayStation biggest exclusives) had a big impact on PS sales.

For instance, because of HFW, I haven't bought Elden Ring. Otherwise, I might have. Otherwise, these PlayStation sales would have been even higher under normal circumstances. More like 2.5:1 - 3:1.

kingfey

Banned
I am sure Elden Ring being sandwiched between Horizon Forbidden West and Gran Turismo 7 (two of PlayStation biggest exclusives) had a big impact on PS sales.

For instance, because of HFW, I haven't bought Elden Ring. Otherwise, I might have. Otherwise, these PlayStation sales would have been even higher under normal circumstances. More like 2.5:1 - 3:1.
That would have been the case. Especially with this current economic.

Idk if they shipped enough copies (at least around my area), to meet demand because every Walmart I’ve gone to was either sold out or had only one copy left (on Xbox, probably the same for PS, but I didn’t check. Got it there because it was $10 off, which I’m sure helped contribute to the low stock).

Hell I picked up my copy yesterday and the lady who unlocked the case for me just grabbed it for me before I could even tell her that was the game I wanted. She must’ve heard the words “Elden Ring” all week. I’m just surprised because usually bigger games are overstocked at Wally World.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
There is some very bad maths here again.

PS is 41% of all sales (physical + digital)
Xbox is 29% of all sales (physical + digital)

So it is 58% for PS vs 42% for Xbox when you look at consoles only.

Or I'm missing something?

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
It's a "souls-like", so PS gamers could be more interested in the game.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I just checked... yes I believe OP misunderstand what he said.

Overall (physical + digital) PS is 41%, Xbox 29% and PC 30%.
That makes makes between consoles PS 58% and Xbox 42%.
~1.41:1 not 2:1.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

UK worldwide same thing the facts are Playstation sold more overall there no denying that
But more than double in the UK? I thought it was something like 1.5x for PS4? I don't remember seeing any PS5 or Series X numbers in the UK.
That's why I asked the OP about this:

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
I just checked... yes I believe OP misunderstand what he said.

Overall (physical + digital) PS is 41%, Xbox 29% and PC 30%.
That makes makes between consoles PS 58% and Xbox 42%.
~1.41:1 not 2:1.
Its the digital sales

The digital and physical are sperate.

But more than double in the UK? I thought it was something like 1.5x for PS4? I don't remember seeing any PS5 or Series X numbers in the UK.
That's why I asked the OP about this:
Playstation has beat Xbox by more then 2 to 1 in the UK i think UK is the 2nd biggest market for Playstation

DaGwaphics

There is some very bad maths here again.

PS is 41% of all sales (physical + digital)
Xbox is 29% of all sales (physical + digital)

So it is 58% for PS vs 42% for Xbox when you look at consoles only.

Or I'm missing something?

You've got it right. @ kingfey kingfey made a thread with BS information. 🤷‍♂️

elliot5

Its the digital sales

The digital and physical are sperate.

No? The overall meaning combined digital abs physical % are the numbers in that last tweet.

From the article: “According to GSD's digital and physical numbers, 32% of sales were on PlayStation 5, 30% on PC, 29% on Xbox and 9% on PS4.”

Ethomaz is correct

Last edited:

reksveks

The physical is 30%, while digital is 70%. Playstation got 80% of that 30%, while also getting 41% of 70%. That would give us roughly 52.7% of over all sales on Playstation. For xbox, it's 17% of 30% and 29% of 70%, that would give us 25.1% of over all sales.

The maths is also off slightly cause the 80%,17% and 3% comes from a different source GFK and not GSD.

The GSD data has a weirdly high number for PC physical (23% of total PC sales)

PS physical 19.68
PS digital 21.32
Xbox physical 4.64
Xbox digital 24.36
PC physical 6.9
PC digital 23.1

Last edited:

That's actually 2.099x

Calverz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom