• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pecs and Abs Thread of Low Body Fat

In the Tits look so good on TV sometimes... thread, there started a discussion about the male pectoral area and if it qualified to join the thread. In response to that thread, I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread of just that, the upper male body. Here's to all the men who work hard to showcase their body. There are a few people who have defined my view of the male physique, starting with the legend, Arnold

arnold-1.jpg

and another Mr. Olympia, Frank Zane

frank-zane-workout-routine-results.jpg

Back in 2006, a film called 300 made some noise with the help of bodybuilding, Mr. Butler, and Mr. Fassbender

wb-047194-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1483993558755._SX1080_.jpg

3PUBF-0088-58bae0585f9b58af5ccf953d.jpg

300-Movie-In-Download.jpg

While there is a place for silver screen abs and pecs, let's not forget those who workout from home

1280-bicycle-crunch.jpg

1280-abs-hanging-pull.jpg

Let's be respectful and courteous to those who post, please follow the NeoGAF rules, and tip your Mods.

GettyImages-2662064.jpg

At least I had respect for the professional body builders from back in the day. All of them from that era no matter how many steroids they stuck in their bodies and how big they got, you had to have a a fit stomach. Nowadays they all look like fat rhinos with bubble guts. Like a bunch of muscular pregnant women, its disgusting. The old guys cared for aesthetics, when you watch that docu Pumping Iron with Arnold you can see how they approach body building. "Your shoulders are this and this big, therefore you need to have bigger traps or smaller traps to look aesthetically pleasing and thast how they would do their workouts wheres today its about just getting bigger but you look like a cloud with tiny penis and head as if you are about to explode.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
Arnie admitted having used some secret mana potion.

1º sleep 8h
2º exercise mainly cardio
3º eat better , no soda

To highlight the post from MaestroMike MaestroMike

and to keep the thread rolling with a suggestion from teezzy teezzy , here are some of the Arrowverse charcters:

Cress Williams from Black Lighting
ZKPUDDDCIFBCVHHX4XPQGG2EOU.jpg

DC's Legend of Tomorrow's Victor Garber back in the day
03b092cec5691268eb9a03e2eab25d6e.jpg

and our boy, Brandon Routh
5e502dee95e4b852e6a8cea7974745ce.jpg

and we have Supergirl's Mehcad Brooks
Screen-Shot-2020-01-28-at-11.28.59-AM.png

The Flash's Rick Cosnett
Rick_cosnett_insta_shirtless.jpg

and finishing off with Arrow's cast, starting with Colin Donnell
tumblr_nx6iwgAFc71qk8rxto2_250.gifv

and our boy, Stephen Amell
Shirtless-Pictures-Stephen-Amell.png

Stephen-Amell-Leaving-Arrow_-The-Next-Arrowverse-Crossover-Could-Set-Up-Life-Without-Oliver-Queen.jpg

Last edited:
That Rob quote is great. Every time I see a celeb after weight loss and everybody is throwing praise around my thoughts are let's see them so it without a trainer, with a full time job and kids, and with a limited budget. It's great that they do it and everything, but...
It's super difficult to even get into the vicinity of that kind of body shape, even with a lot of dedication.
I think most people with these kind of abs and pecs are using some magic juice.

Amory

That Rob quote is great. Every time I see a celeb after weight loss and everybody is throwing praise around my thoughts are let's see them so it without a trainer, with a full time job and kids, and with a limited budget. It's great that they do it and everything, but...
If you have the money to afford a trainer and a personal chef, it's hard to imagine why there are fat celebrities. The chef is the big one to me. Cooking is such a pain in the ass, let alone when you're trying to be super healthy.

I'm not trying to hate, good for them. But at some point you're subcontracting your weight loss / muscle gain to a degree that it's not a 'hard work pays off' thing anymore. "Run here, lift this, eat this".

GymWolf

we're all gonna make it brah

The crazy thing is that i had this friend of mine who had basically that body (and face) without doing any bodybuilding etc.

Just 2 6vs6 soccer games every week and the best genetic i ever saw in a human being...

The motherfucker looked far better than me and i trained for more than 10 years :ROFLMAO:

But his last name was ciolino (literally small dick in sicilian dialect) so yeah, you can't have everything in life:lollipop_squinting:

Top Bottom