• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Penny-Arcade vs PvP WoW Battle just got bigger

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
So, the server was already bad enough (queues on a week old server past 5PM EST on weekdays, 2PM on weekends), now Ctrl-Alt-Del has joined forces with PvP to battle the 2 main PA guilds (Knights of Arcadia, Fancy Lads) and all the unofficial ones as well (Anarchy, Keepers of Wang, The CTS Dojo, The Cardboard Samurai, Testicorp, Fruit Fockers, Disciples of Divx, Kansas City Hotsteppers, Penny Arcade Hotties). The big question is what other webcomics will help crash this server on a daily basis!

Rlan

http://www.pvponline.com/

pvp20050813.gif

Agent Dormer said:
So, the server was already bad enough (queues on a week old server past 5PM EST on weekdays, 2PM on weekends), now Ctrl-Alt-Del has joined forces with PvP to battle the 2 main PA guilds (Knights of Arcadia, Fancy Lads) and all the unofficial ones as well (Anarchy, Keepers of Wang, The CTS Dojo, The Cardboard Samurai, Testicorp, Fruit Fockers, Disciples of Divx, Kansas City Hotsteppers, Penny Arcade Hotties). The big question is what other webcomics will help crash this server on a daily basis!

(nods slowly; strikes WoW off of his "to buy" list)

Hey, as long as it's a Horde guild. We need all the help we can get. The zerg those PA guilds can put together is frikken' ridiculous =/

(If they had half a brain between themselves, they'd own the Crossroads and all the exits night and day)

::cough::

Juice

Attack You said:
(nods slowly; strikes WoW off of his "to buy" list)

Remember, that's just one server. Many of the others work fine (mine's been around since like January, and it's still low population (Suramar).

Unless you were going to buy the game just for the PA vs. PVP thing. I actually was going to jump in and create a character to do it, but I thought that this kind of hell would probably arise if everyone on earth decided to hop on the same server.

Really disappointing. Seeing how much Blizzard staff all read PA, they really should have considered setting up a private server just for this debacle.

Juice said:
Remember, that's just one server. Many of the others work fine (mine's been around since like January, and it's still low population (Suramar).

Unless you were going to buy the game just for the PA vs. PVP thing. I actually was going to jump in and create a character to do it, but I thought that this kind of hell would probably arise if everyone on earth decided to hop on the same server.

Really disappointing. Seeing how much Blizzard staff all read PA, they really should have considered setting up a private server just for this debacle.

Right, right. No, I have absolutely no idea what's going on with the PA vs. PvP thing. I'm just shopping around for an online RPG that I can "lone wolf" through without falling into a guild war. I play games to get away from the territorial, machismo bullshit of real life. Unless there's something else to this that I'm missing...?

teiresias

Well, there are PvE servers where you don't have to take part in any PvP at all, and if you're going to be soloing alot I guess there's not really a much better alternative than WoW anyway - certainly FFXI isn't an option (though I always convince myself every 6 months or so that I've grown the patience required for FFXI and reinstall it, only to realize in two months that I was utterly wrong! :lol )

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
echoshifting said:
Hey, as long as it's a Horde guild. We need all the help we can get. The zerg those PA guilds can put together is frikken' ridiculous =/

(If they had half a brain between themselves, they'd own the Crossroads and all the exits night and day)

::cough::

Hehe, I'm in the Fancy lads. We're still trying to all get our levels up to do something like that. Amazed at what a great job the horde has been doing in STV, though. I'd given up questing until Adam ran through and killed like 10 horde in two minutes. It was awesome to watch.

Tamanon

Banned
Attack You said:
Right, right. No, I have absolutely no idea what's going on with the PA vs. PvP thing. I'm just shopping around for an online RPG that I can "lone wolf" through without falling into a guild war. I play games to get away from the territorial, machismo bullshit of real life. Unless there's something else to this that I'm missing...?

If you're on a PvE server, you will NEVER have to worry about being in a guild war, a lot of the smaller servers are doing great as far as latency and population goes. My server Feathermoon only occasionally has a 45 second queue to log in, not bad at all.

And WoW is the "lone wolf" dream of an MMORPG.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Tamanon said:
If you're on a PvE server, you will NEVER have to worry about being in a guild war, a lot of the smaller servers are doing great as far as latency and population goes. My server Feathermoon only occasionally has a 45 second queue to log in, not bad at all.

And WoW is the "lone wolf" dream of an MMORPG.

Yup Feathermoon is great as are the high-end Horde guilds. And it only really has the 45 second queue on the evenings of Saturday and Sunday. Other than that, it's usually at medium.

I'm really tempted to hop back into WoW and play, but the fact that I would have to play 24/7 to get up to a decent level and the fact that there's now a queue to get on the server really put a damper on that idea (plus my disc is at college and I'm not currently).

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
StrikerObi said:
I'm really tempted to hop back into WoW and play, but the fact that I would have to play 24/7 to get up to a decent level and the fact that there's now a queue to get on the server really put a damper on that idea (plus my disc is at college and I'm not currently).

Not all servers have a queue

Top Bottom