• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pokémon Company has released 2 new videos for Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl & Pokémon Legends: Arceus

jigglet

Banned
I want to get excited about Diamond / Pearl but the random encounters turn me off. I didn't mind it years ago but I think I'm just over it.

IKSTUGA

I'm probably the only pokemon fan who's really not sold on Arceus. The pseudo real-time combat/capture system just looks clunky as fuck.

jigglet

Banned
I'm probably the only pokemon fan who's really not sold on Arceus. The pseudo real-time combat/capture system just looks clunky as fuck.

Is it considered a B grade spin off, or are they positioning this as the next big thing?

(even if it's not the next big thing, I'm just wondering how seriously Nintendo is taking it)

KielCasto

About hidden moves in BD/SP:

Hidden Moves​

The Pokétch allows you to call on wild Pokémon to help you out. They’ll use hidden moves like Cut to chop down trees that block your way, or Rock Climb to scale steep cliffs. The Hidden Moves app makes it possible for you to go places you could never reach on your own.

I'm liking what I'm seeing of the DP remakes. Arceus is still looking eh.

IKSTUGA

Is it considered a B grade spin off, or are they positioning this as the next big thing?

(even if it's not the next big thing, I'm just wondering how seriously Nintendo is taking it)
This is the next big thing from Game Freak (the creator of the main line games). Personally I really hope it's not the future of the franchise...

jigglet

Banned
This is the next big thing from Game Freak (the creator of the main line games). Personally I really hope it's not the future of the franchise...

Ok well at least this gives me the confidence this won't be farted out like all their other spin offs.

I assumed it was a quick B grade spin off cause there's only one version...why wouldn't they take the opportunity to sell more copies by having Arceus / Barceus?

th4tguy

Man the 360 produced some brilliant graphics. Legends Arceus does legitimately look like a halfway house between OG Xbox and 360 graphics. The texture work is just bad on Arceus, pop in issues, stiff movement. They have over 20 years under their belt, I don’t know how it can look so basic compared to 360 games.

6843c33c23bacfa48745c54852a0fbc0.jpg
In house engine. There are so many talented studios that really could be SET FREE if they just went with an established/ documented/ supported engine. Look at Tales of Arise. They finally switched to UE4 and not only do we have the best looking Tales game ever. We have what is arguably their best Tales game ever and it's all because they don't have to drop thousands of hours into technical engine issues that come up when developing an engine along side of a game.

Top Bottom