• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pokemon Company needs to get their shit together and build a world map for the Pokemon franchise.

levyjl1988

Banned
The Pokemon Company needs to hire someone to establish a world map for the franchise and give us a PROPER world map of Pokemon, an established map. It's like the company is creating a new region for each and every game without any logical direction. There seems to be so many regions scattered all over the world without any geographical consistency, and it is all vague. With each new entry in the Pokemon franchise, it is seen as a stand-alone experience with maybe nods to other regions. I wish we can get some established consistency of where each and where all the regions fit altogether.
Why can't the Pokemon Company create and establish a plan to create a world map?

So far the Pokemon Company gave us a vague Earth-like view.
8JxQmQD.png
jFCxCNM.png

How many regions are there in the Pokemon world?
So far we got:

Kanto, introduced in Gen 1, Pokemon Red/ Blue/Yellow/ FireRed/ LeafGreen/ Let's Go Pikachu/ Eevee
PeRha1H.png

Johto, introduced in Gen 2, Pokemon Gold/ Silver/ HeartGold/ SoulSilver
ywi763z.png

Hoenn, introduced in Gen 3, Pokemon Ruby/ Sapphire/ Omega Ruby/ Soul Silver
yIArznL.png

Sinnoh, introduced in Gen 4, Pokemon Pearl/ Diamond, Brilliant Diamond/ Shining Pearl
9XWrwrR.png

Unova, introduced in Gen 5, Pokemon Black/ White/ Black 2/ White 2
71eYb9S.png

Kalos, introduced in Gen 6, Pokemon X / Y
qoHurlh.png

Alola, introduced in Gen 7, Pokemon Sun/ Moon/ Ultra Sun/ Ultra Moon
vWiKeKF.png

Galar, introduced in Gen 8, Pokemon Sword/ Shield
7xtdvFN.png

Paldea, introduced in Gen 9, Pokemon Scarlet/ Violet
0y4nV18.png

then there are other regions, not many know of.

Orre, introduced in Pokemon Colosseum / XD
eLCjkMs.png

Fiore, introduced in Pokemon Rangers
Uvytv0C.png

Almia, introduced in Pokemon Rangers: Shadows of Almia
bUsqtXQ.png

Oblivia, introduced in Rangers: Guardian Signs
IPbsBH4.png

Lental, introduced in New Pokemon Snap
xI2dObb.png

and others.

Pokemon Map as depicted by the movies.

BlVW4RA.jpg

All I want is an established OFFICIAL map of the Pokemon World, so I can get my bearings so we can make comparisons to our shitty Earth version.

Y6v1Vc8.png

SCB3

Now take all these and make a true Pokemon MMO, pretty simple idea to start:

• Pick a region
    • defeat all 8 Gyms
    • elite 4/Tournament
  • go to new region
    • repeat
Would print money per month!

levyjl1988

Banned

• Pick a region
    • defeat all 8 Gyms
    • elite 4/Tournament
  • go to new region
    • repeat
That would be great, something like Elder Scrolls Online or something to that effect, all the regions. I think that was every fan's dream ever since they played Gold and Silver and was excited to see Kanto connected to Johto.

Pallas

Gold Member

• Pick a region
    • defeat all 8 Gyms
    • elite 4/Tournament
  • go to new region
    • repeat
Would be massively successful but I’m not sure if I would trust Nintendo with it. I would hope much like Pokémon Go, they would out source it to a studio who are skilled and familiar with mmorpg’s.

As for the OP, absolutely agreed. There needs to be a official Pokémon world map.

Honestly and it’s just a thought, it would be crazy if they go with a similar route that the popular anime HunterxHunter went to explain their world.

They're too busy counting their money to worry about making a working game or whatever features fans ask for.

Just shut up and give us your money.

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
Honestly, one of my dream games would be a massive Pokémon game covering all the past games we had. Basically, keep the gameplay and take the framework laid by Pokémon Violet/Scarlet, but hire a couple of hundred competent programmers and designers to make it as as smooth as something like Genshin Impact or Breath of the Wild. Doesn't need to be strictly MMO, but it would be fun to see and fight and trade with other trainers, even it was just in a hubcity or something. Give it a robust communication system too.

Start with Kanto and the original 151, then update once or twice a year with Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, etc

Create special, exciting events to catch rare or legendary pokémon. Send me on a quest. I wanna scale some icy mountain to catch Articuno, not get it via mystery gift or something.

Let me travel how I want. I wanna fly on Charizard and surf on Lapras. Not be limited to one pokemon for all travels.

Create more diverse landscapes. I wanna have dense forests, icy mountains, all the stuff that's in Pokémon Snap but gimme that same in an openworld game.

Release alongside Switch Pro/2/Super

I'm pretty sure this is something a lot of people have been wanting since they played their first MMO or online game and it's so dissapointing we'll probably never get anything close to it. Ah well, one can dream.

CuNi

Honestly, one of my dream games would be a massive Pokémon game covering all the past games we had. Basically, keep the gameplay and take the framework laid by Pokémon Violet/Scarlet, but hire a couple of hundred competent programmers and designers to make it as as smooth as something like Genshin Impact or Breath of the Wild. Doesn't need to be strictly MMO, but it would be fun to see and fight and trade with other trainers, even it was just in a hubcity or something. Give it a robust communication system too.

Start with Kanto and the original 151, then update once or twice a year with Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, etc

Create special, exciting events to catch rare or legendary pokémon. Send me on a quest. I wanna scale some icy mountain to catch Articuno, not get it via mystery gift or something.

Let me travel how I want. I wanna fly on Charizard and surf on Lapras. Not be limited to one pokemon for all travels.

Create more diverse landscapes. I wanna have dense forests, icy mountains, all the stuff that's in Pokémon Snap but gimme that same in an openworld game.

Release alongside Switch Pro/2/Super

I'm pretty sure this is something a lot of people have been wanting since they played their first MMO or online game and it's so dissapointing we'll probably never get anything close to it. Ah well, one can dream.

While I haven't been up-to-date with Pokémon since like Gen5, my GF recently made me play Violet.
I would die to see areas I played as a child in 3D, roam-able and travel back and forth, maybe even see how they evolved or are reimagined in today's day and age, but Scarlet and Violet looks so lifeless, lackluster and horribly performing that I would say, I'd rather have no MMO/Open World game than whatever GameFreak currently produces. I prefer blissful ignorance and nostalgic romanticizing of those games and my experience with them that I had back then than being thrown into a lifeless and loveless cash grab and have those memories destroyed by what has become of those games.

According to my GF (and the internet) it's been only going downhill since Sword/Shield and Arceus also had huge issues, but I can't comment on those as I only just recently touched Violet but that already made me extremely upset with what they did with the IP.

Saber

Gold Member
I get the idea but I don’t really think they need consistency. Getting a new region each game is more fun imo.

Having to make everything ‘make sense’ would only be limiting.

I would generally agree, but then again they have Pokedex entries to sometimes put some sense out of their own creations or explain why they are in different regions than their own.

I'm honestly indifferent to any of choices. Both can work great, if well applied.

Power Pro

You're taking this way too seriously

Go Outside Ashley Olsen GIF by Filmeditor
I really hate these kind of posts...this is a gaming forum, if we're not here to talk about or be passionate about games, then why does this forum exist? Maybe he doesn't need to get out more, maybe you do for not finding anything better to do than shitting on someone for discussing their hobbies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom