• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Polar Express looks terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoneBone

The new trailer isn't online yet, but (like, I assume, a lot of people) I saw the trailer with Harry Potter. I don't care if it has both Zemeckis and Hanks -- it looks like shit.

FoneBone

Creatively uninspired, stupid-looking musical numbers, annoying pop song in the trailer. Maybe I'm being unfairly negative, but it looked like another Hollywood rape of a classic children's book.

Pattergen

I agree. I saw it with HP last night. Looked absolutely terrible. The animation looked sloppy and downright scary sometimes. The voice to mouth sync was atrocious and really drew attention away from any elements that might not have sucked. I thought The Polar Express was going to be a good idea. Way wrong, someone messed up big time.

FoneBone

Milhouse31 said:
The trailer is online i saw it.

It looks like Christmas crap and it's one of the most pointless use of CGI.
Isn't that trailer the old one? The one with the train arriving and nothing else?

beto

Simian. Sexual. Servitude.
That was pretty sad, everyone in the theater started laughing after the trailer finished. People were just whispering how bad a movie that would probably be.

Boy, Tom's career is sure on a steady nosedive into oblivion lately. First The Ladykillers, then the shitty romantic comedy attempt with Mrs. T-Mobile Jones in The Terminal, and now this?

Belfast

I agree pretty much with what's already been said. It really IS a pointless use of CG. If you're going to make the full movie CG, make it a cartoon, because the point of doing so is to create characters and situations that you can't in real-life. Why make a digital Tom Hanks that is an exact copy when you can just make the movie live action and use the actor himself? There's absolutely no reason this movie should be animated because they don't take any advantage of CG animation.

golem

yup saw it in the theater before hp too, everyone was WTF is this crap. The animation was stiff and subpar, the character models looked really creepy from certain angles, and the story just seems like crap..

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
DJ Demon J said:
Boy, Tom's career is sure on a steady nosedive into oblivion lately. First The Ladykillers, then the shitty romantic comedy attempt with Mrs. T-Mobile Jones in The Terminal, and now this?

A Coen Bros movie
A Spielberg movie
A Zemeckis movie

He is doomed or maybe those directors are doomed or maybe Hollywood is ...

Yes, the movie does look terrible. And is it just me, or does it look like Hanks is playing EVERY adult lead in this movie? He's obviously the conductor, but it looked/sounded like he was also the old hobo and Santa too. Lame.

And The Terminal actually looks kinda good.

andthebeatgoeson

DJ Demon J said:

The Terminal was bad? I was entertaining the thought that it had to be somewhat good. Oh well, rental it is. I don't mind, either. $10 a movie is fuckin retarded.

GG-Duo

There was a highly positive review about The Terminal from a couple of weeks ago... forgot which paper it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom