• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS Plus Extra and Premium thread of game recommendations

Nankatsu

Do you want to stream the PS1-PS3 games (with small exceptions like Mafia 1 Remake that is a PS4 game and tied to Premium level :D)?

I decided I don't want to play those so Extra is better for me.

Most likely I won't touch the PS1-PS3 games tbh, but the fact that some remake games can fall under the premium category leaves me a bit on the fence.

So idk, I can't decide :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

engstra

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but, between Premium and Extra, is it worth the 20€ difference?
I upgraded to premium last night. Considering it's only 20 more I thought it felt worth it as I wanted to check out Ape Escape and Syphon Filter and might mess around with ps3 streaming if it's smooth enough. I'm assuming more classic titles will be added which will make it worth it

SSfox

Hi all,

How to know availability of game? Like when it's gonna be remove from the service? I want know how long DQ11S, FFX and FF12 will stay?

tommib

Hi all,

How to know availability of game? Like when it's gonna be remove from the service? I want know how long DQ11S, FFX and FF12 will stay?
There’s a section for titles that will be removed soon. There’s normally a date associated.

SSfox

The Extra game library in PS+ section should have a row for games leaving soon like GamePass does if you scroll down, it was there the other day when I was browsing
So there are only 2 leaving, and most games don't have any date outside of like 2 or 3 i found so far, like GTA VC, dunno if it's mistake or...

Bartski

Gold Member
There is a new browsing menu on PSN under Latest, listing game demo versions available. Pretty cool as previously you needed to know which game has a demo and get to it via dropdown menu on the game page.
Unsurprisingly tho - the menu is not up to date and doesn't list all available demos. The demo of Forspoken, for example, is not there, if it wasn't featured on the "what's hot" list you'd need to find it using the method above.

So there are only 2 leaving, and most games don't have any date outside of like 2 or 3 i found so far, like GTA VC, dunno if it's mistake or...

It’s because it’s a new service, and most agreements are for 6 months to a year unless extended. Since most contacts probably needed to be renewed during the rebranding in June, we should start seeing more rotation of 3rd party games after year-end or next summer.

SSfox

im playing Assassins creed II for the first time.

Why are these old AC games much better than the new ones? Not better, but much more focused i guesss.

really enjoying it
It's def one of the best AC to me and for most people, you're gonna have bless specially with this one and Brotherhood (that i think is even a bit better)

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
im playing Assassins creed II for the first time.

Why are these old AC games much better than the new ones? Not better, but much more focused i guesss.

really enjoying it
Which version?
I think these were remastered but only on ps4/xbox and not on pc?
I might be wrong

Which version?
I think these were remastered but only on ps4/xbox and not on pc?
I might be wrong
It's a remaster I think. 1080p/30fps but I'm used to it. Finishing the main story just about now, only one mission left. I recommend it, however you may think it's an ugly game nowadays.

Personally I thought it looks good, minding it's age. I don't know if they were remastered for PC

Thief1987

Any site to see what games are gonna be remove next? Or if anyone knows which ones?
For the next 3 months
Leaving by January 17, 2023

• Bound by Flame
  • The Last Tinker City
  • The Council
  • Space Hulk Tactics
  • Shiness – The Lightning Kingdom
  • Electronic Super Joy
  • Seasons After Fall
  • Leo’s Fortune
  • Masters of Anima
  • Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek