• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Quarry has officially gone GOLD

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

After the success of Until Dawn, Supermassive Games has been pretty regular in its delivery of horror titles with The Dark Pictures Anthology. The Quarry is very much in the same vein but also a bit different with 2K Games as the publisher.

It also offers more of a “teen horror” bent than its more recent horror titles along with various new gameplay features. Releasing on June 10th for Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PS4, PS5, and PC, let's take a look at 13 things you should know before picking it up.

My interest in this game went down after being spammed with ads for the Quarry in youtube. Almost everytime I watched a video I saw a 10 second, unskippable clip with spoilers in it.
I was looking forward to this but now, after all the ad spamming I'm not feeling like buying it. What a shame...

200.gif

Haggard

Banned
My interest in this game went down after being spammed with ads for the Quarry in youtube. Almost everytime I watched a video I saw a 10 second, unskippable clip with spoilers in it.
I was looking forward to this but now, after all the ad spamming I'm not feeling like buying it. What a shame...
Desktop: AdBlock + Sponsorblock
Mobile: Vanced or similar

I haven't seen an ad on YouTube in years and there is no reason anyone has to anymore.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Quarry adds some nice new features and ideas to the interactive horror game. You could call this Until Dawn 2 but Supermassive Games have added so much more in a whole bunch of areas. It makes the you feel like your working with the game to have fun instead of feeling cheated or missing out. Also deciding which teen you're going to use as a murder canary while they all get horny is a lot of fun

Certinty

Looks so good. Glad they're back to bigger budget full sized games and not the smaller ones they've been up to recently.

Looks so good. Glad they're back to bigger budget full sized games and not the smaller ones they've been up to recently.
Lol they just trademark 5 more Dark Pictures game and another one is set to release this october. The Quarry is only because of that 2k ( read: gta v) money.

Certinty

Lol they just trademark 5 more Dark Pictures game and another one is set to release this october. The Quarry is only because of that 2k ( read: gta v) money.
Well as long as we get games like this inbetween those Dark Pictures ones, I’m happy. Hopefully those DP games improve anyway.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Join Director Will Byles for an in-depth look at the gameplay mechanics of the upcoming teen horror narrative game The Quarry, including how your choices can affect the story and character relationships, exploration, a peek at gameplay settings, and more.

The Quarry launches on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and PC via Steam on June 10, 2022.

Last edited:

Rayderism

There's a Youtuber that was playing what he said was a publicly available demo of The Quarry (the prologue) on the XBOX store. I don't have an XBOX so I can't confirm, but there's definitely no demo to be found on PSN, which sucks for me because I only have PS5 and I really want to play this, even if it is just the prologue. Hopefully, PSN will get the demo soon.....but then, Sony wants to put demos behind a PS+ higher-tiered paywall, so who knows.

Top Bottom