• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Quarry - Reviews Thread

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
All the QTEs in this game are so fucking easy to compared to Dark Anthology or Until Dawn. They're going for the really minimalist almost movie-like quality. I am liking it but damn.
I'm about 5 hours in and 90% of the QTEs are all about pushing your left stick up, down, left or right with an extremely lenient time window on default settings. Modified settings only make it easier.
I had 2 "button mash A" moments on a trap and a zipline.

I appreciate the production value but this is 100% an "interactive" movie.
Back in the day I was more stressed playing "Sewer Shark" & "Night Trap" on Sega CD 😊

This feels like the Devs caved in to slow idiots complaining during playtests and the Suits pushing to make this genre more accessible when it already was.

Loving this game and how it plays off so many classic 80's Horror movies.

XHqXHGi.jpg

08Iyyeu.jpg

kyT32Xx.jpg

qnyzZML.jpg

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I'm about 5 hours in and 90% of the QTEs are all about pushing your left stick up, down, left or right with an extremely lenient time window on default settings. Modified settings only make it easier.
I had 2 "button mash A" moments on a trap and a zipline.

I appreciate the production value but this is 100% an "interactive" movie.
Back in the day I was more stressed playing "Sewer Shark" & "Night Trap" on Sega CD 😊

This feels like the Devs caved in to slow idiots complaining during playtests and the Suits pushing to make this genre more accessible when it already was.

Well yes, these games have always been interactive movies. They are essentially higher budget FMV titles. However what The Quarry does better than its predecessors is the amount of variation for every single action. Miss just one nad it can completely change the next 20 Scenes. Its fantastic for replay value.

Kssio_Aug

Wait... is it from the same devs of Until Dawn? How come I never heard about it before! Will definitely play, I loved Until Dawn!

Last edited:

Mephisto40

Playing through this at the moment, like other users, I find it bizarre it doesn't have a difficulty option you can change, the qte's seem way too easy at the moment

I like how it gives you some options that you have no idea which one is wrong or right though

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Compared to their previous titles expect looonnnggg exposition & narrative where with your headphones you could just go and make yourself a sandwich without missing anything.

It's not a bad thing! Just more focused on the passive movie aspect.
No stress like the previous games, nothing.

Top Bottom