• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Queens of Badass: An ode to girl rockers

Yoshimi from the Boredoms kicks so much ass playing drums, screaming, and making noise in multiple bands.

Last edited:

Hulk_Smash

Banned

confused the interview GIF

For those who are a fan of Jinjer, I would also recommend Infected Rain, fronted by the unbelievable Lena Scissorhands

Lena is <3

Jinjer is definitely the GOAT female-fronted metal band, and arguably the GOAT, period (for current-day metal).

Hell, only bands I'd place alongside them are Between the Buried and Me, and Gojira.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Nova Twins. I just discovered them today. Shocked that Iv never heard of them. UK GAF, are they popular over there? I’d be curious to know if they have had any mainstream crossover.

Anyway, a couple of singles from them. They’ve got like a mix of urban punk and rave? You brits have some hard-to-define rock.

It helps to have visually interesting videos, an art many artists seem to have lost.

Taxi

Play Fair

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Not sure if anyone linked them yet because my phone is having a seizure trying to load all the YouTube videos at once. But this is one of my favorite female led bands.

Top Bottom