• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The requirements of GTA Trilogy PC are higher than those for GTA V + quick Trilogy description

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Maybe not a simple mobile port after all, contrary to what the bad tongues said

featured-3.jpg
featured-vc.jpg
featured-sa.jpg

Some stuff keeps leaking on GTAForum and now thanks to member Alloc8or (who leaked almost everything we know), we have an idea of the PC recommended specs:

Minimum requirements:
  • Intel Core i5-2700K / AMD FX-6300
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 45 GB Storage Space
  • Windows 10
Recommended:
  • Intel Core i7-6600K / AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB / AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB
  • 16 GB RAM
  • 45 GB Storage Space
  • Windows 10
What's interesting here is that they are higher than the requirements for GTA V, hinting at something more than just a subtle remake.

GTA V:

unknown.png

Alloc8or also leaked some description for the Trilogy:

Three iconic cities, three epic stories.
Play the genre-defining classics of the original Grand Theft Auto Trilogy: Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas updated for a new generation, now with across-the-board enhancements including brilliant new lighting and environmental upgrades, high-resolution textures, increased draw distances, Grand Theft Auto V-style controls and targeting, and much more, bringing these beloved worlds to life with all new levels of detail."

"By purchasing Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy — The Definitive Edition from store.rockstargames.com or the Rockstar Games Launcher by January 5th, 2022, you’ll receive a $10 discount on your next purchase through the Rockstar Games Launcher or Rockstar Web Stores on qualifying products of $15 or more (exchange rates apply). Discount expires January 16th, 2022. For complete details/terms,
https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/4407663218067 (not up yet).

You can also head here to another leak that confirm the game is coming to Steam:

MiguelItUp

We'll just have to wait and see how this pans out, because this could easily equate rough optimization. But obviously hoping for the best across the board!

JimboJones

It's going to be running on switch, it's going to be pretty easy to run unless it's super unoptimised.

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
These games should have significant updates with those minimum specs I could run GTA V at 1440p 30 FPS high/ultra settings

PSlayer

If it's a straight port to Unreal engine i can see it being bloated and unoptimized.

The thing about those middlewares is that it's really easy to push some buttons and glue together a game but the price is usually performance.

Kokoloko85

Im only gonna buy it if the controls and camera angles are different for combat/shooting and driving.
A bonus would be draw distance and graphic extras etc

Hugare

Mobile/Switch

These are probably bloated minimum system reqs

Companies launch games that run at hardware weaker than the minimum specs all the time

They aren't exactly going to list hardware spec for 2001 hardware. They are going to list low end shit from current time and based off what's still being used.

Reallink

It was rumored(?) or confirmed(?) to be using UE4 wasn't it? That alone is going to have higher requirements than a PS360 title, and these are still ridiculously low by modern PC standards.

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

Maybe not a simple mobile port after all, contrary to what the bad tongues said

featured-3.jpg
featured-vc.jpg
featured-sa.jpg

Some stuff keeps leaking on GTAForum and now thanks to member Alloc8or (who leaked almost everything we know), we have an idea of the PC recommended specs:

Minimum requirements:
  • Intel Core i5-2700K / AMD FX-6300
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 45 GB Storage Space
  • Windows 10
Recommended:
  • Intel Core i7-6600K / AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB / AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB
  • 16 GB RAM
  • 45 GB Storage Space
  • Windows 10
What's interesting here is that they are higher than the requirements for GTA V, hinting at something more than just a subtle remake.

GTA V:

unknown.png

Alloc8or also leaked some description for the Trilogy:

Three iconic cities, three epic stories.
Play the genre-defining classics of the original Grand Theft Auto Trilogy: Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas updated for a new generation, now with across-the-board enhancements including brilliant new lighting and environmental upgrades, high-resolution textures, increased draw distances, Grand Theft Auto V-style controls and targeting, and much more, bringing these beloved worlds to life with all new levels of detail."

"By purchasing Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy — The Definitive Edition from store.rockstargames.com or the Rockstar Games Launcher by January 5th, 2022, you’ll receive a $10 discount on your next purchase through the Rockstar Games Launcher or Rockstar Web Stores on qualifying products of $15 or more (exchange rates apply). Discount expires January 16th, 2022. For complete details/terms,
https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/4407663218067 (not up yet).

You can also head here to another leak that confirm the game is coming to Steam:

c65f6107d3e90ab6a16ac1c94f0cd581.gif

"Grand Theft Auto V-style controls and targeting," hmm wouldn't mind being pleasantly surprised, but not holding my breath. Imo it's just ME type of remaster.

kyliethicc

Basically the same as the min / recommended specs for Days Gone.

GTA Trilogy

Min CPU - Intel Core i5-2700K / AMD FX-6300
Min GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB
Min RAM - 8 GB
45 GB HDD

Rec CPU - Intel Core i7-6600K / AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Rec GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB / AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB
Rec RAM - 16 GB
45 GB HDD

Days Gone

Min CPU - Intel Core i5-2500K / AMD FX-6300
Min GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 4GB / AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
Min RAM - 8 GB
70 GB HDD

Rec CPU - Intel Core i7-4770K / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
Rec GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB
Rec RAM - 16 GB
70 GB SSD

Last edited:

Holammer

I'm not really interested, but if they are actual remakes with GTA5 level assets and production value?
I'll have to grab Vice City

Does anybody know how long these remasters have been in development?
Sounds like year's given how folks seem to think it's a full on move to UE4.

to me it looks and sounds like the same games that were shipped originally just with higher rez asset's. Don't expect anymore than that because they aren't going to be. Will prolly still use same tab targeting system.

If they were same product as V then they wouldn't be in a bundle :p

Last edited:
Updated controls alone make this worth getting for me. Going back to 3 and Vice city is painful when it comes to shooting things.

Pretty excited that this is real, I didn't expect it to be anything more than upressed with some bloom added.

Orta

Banned
Updated controls alone make this worth getting for me. Going back to 3 and Vice city is painful when it comes to shooting things.

Pretty excited that this is real, I didn't expect it to be anything more than upressed with some bloom added.

Yep. Given the choice between updated graphics and controls, crappy graphics aren't going to make the game unplayable.

Saying that, the possibility of PC modders running riot on this trilogy is a tantalising prospect.

Markio128

Sounds like year's given how folks seem to think it's a full on move to UE4.

to me it looks and sounds like the same games that were shipped originally just with higher rez asset's. Don't expect anymore than that because they aren't going to be. Will prolly still use same tab targeting system.

If they were same product as V then they wouldn't be in a bundle :p
My expectations are pretty low, but I’m always open to be surprised.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Well tickle my pecker.

My interest is piqued a little bit and as has been stated already, the updated controls will probably be worth it alone

Star-Lord

I’ll tell you what, I’ll make you — and this forum — a deal. If, when it comes to release, this release is actually a huge graphical upgrade with new gameplay elements, I swear I will buy a hat, deep fry it, and eat it. That’s how confident I am this is nothing more than a heavily optimised port.

you can't take that at face value. yeah a 970 is better than a 660 but it doesn't mean GTA III is gonna be more demanding/better looking than GTA V.

i mean, it's been ...8 years since GTA V came out. tech has improved a lot since then. an extreme example is look at minecraft. a bloody toaster from the 60's could run that but if you wanna play the RTX version you need a card from the last 3 years. i'm not saying the GTA trilogy will have raytracing but there are a lot of other things that could justify having more powerful hardware and it might be things that people won't see on their screen. Maxwell GPUs have improvements that Kepler doesn't. also, the last year or so the increase of 1440P and 4K monitors has gone up so you can't really compare 2013 to 2021/2022. going from 1080p to 4K requires pushing 4x the pixels...and that's just to make it not look blurry :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Too bad it isn't on Steam, so I'll never buy it.
LoL.

if this isn't sarcasm then go seek help.

AnYwAy. with that aside.

I hope we get to see the game soon. I wonder why they will show it next week. is there a Sony or MS event coming up next week and they wanna show it there?

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
Awesome, didn't see that thread. Will buy.
LoL.

if this isn't sarcasm then go seek help.

AnYwAy. with that aside.

I hope we get to see the game soon. I wonder why they will show it next week. is there a Sony or MS event coming up next week and they wanna show it there?
No sarcasm. I just won't support individual devs having their own pet launchers. We don't need that mess. Either Steam, or a direct install. No extra launchers.

Top Bottom