• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sadness (2021 horror film) is pretty great

has anyone seen this film? not sure how this one slipped past my radar. watched it this past weekend. excellent film.

it is sitting at 90% on RT which really surprises me given that it is one of the most gory, grim, depraved films I've seen in a minute (vs. other recent horror movie releases). and I watch a ton of horror.

I do NOT recommend watching this with your kids, and odds are your wife will be pissed/disgusted at you if you try to watch it with her. having said that, it's really good.

I give it 2 thumbs up

Last edited:

The Fartist

Gold Member
Animated GIF

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I saw it, I thought it was pretty average. Below average actually. Lots of gore for shock but the actual suspense, thrill, and horror aspects were very weak.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Might give a go, but lots of blood and gore is only acceptable if done in the right way e.g cabin in the woods, rambo, silence of the lambs etc

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Got it downloaded, very interested, just looking for the right night to watch it.

Spaceman292

Banned
has anyone seen this film? not sure how this one slipped past my radar. watched it this past weekend. excellent film.

it is sitting at 90% on RT which really surprises me given that it is one of the most gory, grim, depraved films I've seen in a minute (vs. other recent horror movie releases). and I watch a ton of horror.

I do NOT recommend watching this with your kids, and odds are your wife will be pissed/disgusted at you if you try to watch it with her. having said that, it's really good.

I give it 2 thumbs up

Never heard of it but that trailer is fuckinnng bonkers

It's free on shudder. I watched it about a week ago. I mean it's OK? It's very gory but I've seen worse before. It would have faired better if there was more tension added, but yeah. It's an OK watch. Average to below average. The gore has nothing on French explotation cinema though. Now THAT shit literally disturbed me. To point that I think some of it really should be banned.

Hugare

Sounds and looks exactly like Crossed

Photography looks great, and I'm a sucker for zombie movies. So thanks, OP

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Horror movies are good on occasion I have to hear how good scream, incedious and resident evil are I grew up with halloween and a nightmare on elm street.

Malachai

Watched this a few weeks ago and enjoyed it even though there's very little actual storyline and some dodgy acting from the two leads. Certainly is a nasty little film though when it comes to the gore.

Rickyiez

A lot of oooff in this movie

del bosque soccer GIF by Fusion

It started great like really unsettling but became campier towards the end

Last edited:
It was really good. It has some strange pacing, one minute it’ll be super slow and out of nowhere it’ll go insane and then cool down, I assume that’s intentional to help those with weaker
Oh, what a handsome boy

Hugare

Coming back here to say I watched it

First half is strong. Everything until the hospital/laboratory was really great.

The build up in the subway, restaurant, with the neighbor, all excellent with great cinematography.

Then the hospital happens and it becomes your usual zombie movie, with some really cheesy scenes.

And I enjoyed the ending. But I'm aware that I'm the minority.

H4ze

First half is much stronger then the rest unfortunately. Bought the VOD on day one cuz I was hyped af for this movie.

In the end, I felt like I paid too much :/

But anyway, the gore is awesome.

Top Bottom