• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Silent Hill thread.

RagnarokIV

fzo9czjdw1pa1.jpg

q26z5hndw1pa1.jpg

Fr2qHZGXwAInVS_

FsFByT9XwAEpB71

FrRqk35XwB0XYJg
From one Bloober Boy to another, source?

Arioco

No need to be an ass about it though. The answers Masahiro Ito is giving to the fans are not acceptable. "Don't play SH2 again. Never buy SH2 Remake". "Please don't follow my account". Who the fuck does he think he is? Some of them are just asking nicely and respectfully things they are curious about. What's wrong with this guy? Man, what a fucking diva... 😒

I think he had an idea that the monster Pyramid Head was supposed to be a symbol of the guilt James had for Mary. But they overdid it and like Nemesis from the RE series, he became a laughing stock who returned for no reason other than, "I thought it would be cool if..."

🙄

To be honest, Twitter sucks anyway. It's just a dull ass platform to prattle on about yourself like only a narcissistic piece of shit does. 😆

RagnarokIV

No need to be an ass about it though. The answers Masahiro Ito is giving to the fans are not acceptable. "Don't play SH2 again. Never buy SH2 Remake". "Please don't follow my account". Who the fuck does he think he is? Some of them are just asking nicely and respectfully things they are curious about. What's wrong with this guy? Man, what a fucking diva... 😒

Becuase Silent Hill fans are twats. Giving it all the mah symbolism! James sexual frustration! Even when neither is the reason for a particular thing. He corrects them and they still argue back. He's cool as ice.

EeSeXopVAAArvCK

5v9r5wcn0bv91.png

FfxnvTHXwAEKfja.png

wt8dp24qr5051.jpg

Well, I still think the Resident Evil fanboys are way, way worse. Throughout my time in the Silent Hill community, I cannot name any bad experiences with anybody, apart from that slag Vixx banning me on Silent Hill Heaven because her dickhead mod was flaming me, and I was defending myself and staying on topic. Other than that though, I will stay true to my guns by saying that RE fans are always hissing and spitting at people like venomous cobras.

I have honestly had such a hard time talking to their dumb selves on other forums, whether those are actual RE forums or just lousy gaming forums in general.

You can tell they aren't very bright. They only appear to genuinely like RE4 and over, which is obviously because they are action oriented titles. Because I don't think anybody who says they're a so-called "hardcore" or "die hard fan" and they proclaim RE4 as the best entry, while sometimes admitting that they either never played or liked the older games, cannot be a true fan in my view. But whatever. They are just losers living under mummy and daddy's roof on welfare no doubt, and when they post trying to act intelligent, they expose themselves as hypocrites.

This is probably the only forum where people are more laid back, for the most part. Elsewhere, it's either a case of the forum being absolutely dead, or the forum is filled with pretentious little butt pirates thinking they know it all.

I've realized that talking to them is about as pointless and productive as watching water dripping from the bath taps. 💻

Arioco

Becuase Silent Hill fans are twats. Giving it all the mah symbolism! James sexual frustration! Even when neither is the reason for a particular thing. He corrects them and they still argue back. He's cool as ice.

EeSeXopVAAArvCK

5v9r5wcn0bv91.png

FfxnvTHXwAEKfja.png

wt8dp24qr5051.jpg

How is this fan being a twat? Does he really deserve that kind answer of answer just for asking a question? Masahiro is the one behaving like a twat.

SushiReese

Would be the remake SH 2 be like improved tank control like original/Blooper's Medium or re2 remake/Dead Space remake type of TPS control?
For my knowledge, Blooper's team previous games never have a combat system. Hope we could see some gameplay footage soon.

Some trailers can show what's called an early concept.

I always got the impression that every trailer they showed last year was from their early builds for all of the games, seeing as how no gameplay was revealed.

Krathoon

Really, they need to take Silent Hill and progress the story. Like, "What is the cult doing these days?"

I have never played all the way through Silent Hill 3, so I don't know if it wrapped that up.

killatopak

Really, they need to take Silent Hill and progress the story. Like, "What is the cult doing these days?"

I have never played all the way through Silent Hill 3, so I don't know if it wrapped that up.
It kinda did. I mean the cult itself is gone along with the remaining leaders but people who were affected by the cult or are connected in some way can still be roaming free like Walter Sullivan in 4.

Krathoon

It kinda did. I mean the cult itself is gone along with the remaining leaders but people who were affected by the cult or are connected in some way can still be roaming free like Walter Sullivan in 4.
Ok. So, they need some kind of new evil in the town.

“But now there is information about the disappearance of the game from the list of the Taiwanese rating agency. This may be related to the cancellation of the game or the freezing of the project. Fans can hope for the second option. Since Konami has already announced several games, it makes sense to hold off on The Short Message and release the project later.”

Great…. Now Konami is canning shit

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

This is a re upload! The original video was age restricted and ad limited because of a single shot of a SHHC nurse. So I censored the offending issue and reuploaded the video. If you already watched that one, there's nothing new here.

00:00 Intro
02:53 Silent Hill 1 Introduction
08:09 Silent Hill 1 PS1
10:50 Silent Hill 1 PS3
12:43 Silent Hill 1 MISTER
17:31 SH1 Conclusion
19:45 Silent Hill 2 Introduction
21:35 Silent Hill 2 PS2
27:33 Silent Hill 2 Xbox
32:18 Silent Hill PC Original
34:23 Silent Hill 2 PC Enhanced
36:55 Silent hill 2 HD Collection PS3
43:07 Silent hill 2 HD Collection SX
44:45 Silent Hill 2 Conclusion
46:53 Silent Hill 3 Introduction
50:29 Silent Hill 3 PS2
54:34 Silent Hill 3 PC
57:58 Silent Hill 3 HD Collection PS3
01:02:40 Silent hill 3 HD Collection SX
01:04:32 Silent Hill 3 Conclusion
01:07:11 Silent Hill 4 Introduction
01:11:23 Silent hill 4 PS2
01:18:05 Silent Hill 4 Xbox
01:20:13 Silent Hill 4 PC
01:22:52 Silent hill 4 Conclusion
01:24:33 Silent Hill Origins Introduction
01:29:42 Silent Hill Origins PSP
01:51:05 Silent Hill Origins PS2
01:36:12 Silent Hill Origins Conclusion
01:37:54 Silent Hill Shattered Memories Introduction
01:41:30 Silent Hill Shattered Memories Wii
01:48:22 Silent Hill Shattered Memories PSP
01:53:46 Silent Hill Shattered Memories PS2
01:53:01 Silent Hill Shattered Memories Conclusion
01:55:24 Silent Hill Homecoming Introduction
01:57:49 Silent Hill Homecoming PS3
02:03:39 Silent Hill Homecoming SX
02:05:19 Silent Hill Homecoming PC
02:08:18 Silent Hill Homecoming Conclusion
02:10:40 Silent Hill Downpour Introduction
02:17:57 Silent Hill Downpour PS3
02:21:51 Silent Hill Downpour SX
02:25:25 Silent Hill Downpour Conclusion
02:27:30 What Have We Learned?
02:28:38 End

"【VIP Interview】"Momotetsu", "Silent Hill", "Bomberman"...... KONAMI has a large number of IP assets. We ask Managing Director Koji Kobayashi about the future prospects of KONAMI and the revival of past series. "We debate every day when and to whom to release the past series."

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

For a video titled "The Best Way To Play Every SH Game" he sure did gloss over emulation in pretty much every case barring one or two passing lines.

Aside from SH2's PC mod, emulation is the best way to play SH1, SH3, SH4, Origins, Shattered Memories, even the PS3/360 ones if you have a powerful enough computer. (maybe not Downpour).

-Zelda-

Banned
Hot take: I like the redone voices in the ps360 remasters. Maybe not Marie, but the rest were good, imo. You may all hate me now, since that is how this usually works in my experience when giving the ps360 versions any credit at all.

Top Bottom