• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Silent Hill thread.

Krathoon

The was a hole here, but it's gone now.
Welcome to the Silent Hill thread.
I have been messing around with getting SH2 and SH3 all modded up on my pc.
This is where you go to fix up SH2 PC version.
This is what you need to fix SH3.
It may be good to run SH3 in PCSX2, you get outfits that are not in the PC version.
You will have to uses patches for widescreen and to show the FMVs. The FMV patch may be flakey. I was going to try playing through this version

Poor Heather, you cult baby.

It sounds like the PS2 version of Silent Hill 4 is the one to play. The PC version is missing some hauntings.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
SH1 > SH2
No Way GIF

Krathoon

Silent Hill Origins is pretty good from what I remember; it's a prequel to the first one.
I remeber being very impressed with it considering it was on PSP.

I just bought Silent Homecoming on PS3, need to try it out.

I think I have the PS2 port of that. I will have to check. I don't think I have Downpour and Homecoming.

Krathoon

This series has a problem with bad PC ports. SH2 and SH3 have been modded to fix that.
You are better off playing the PS2 version of SH4 in PCSX2. Homecoming also had a bad PC port. Play the 360 version in an XBox One.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I was always fascinated that the environment designers of the first game built the "American school" around the school from the movie Kindergarten Cop.

rAujzHr.png

Apparently (after talking with some administrators there that worked there in the 90s) they had some visitors from Japan at the school taking photos "for reference" but didn't know the specifics. This was around the time they were filming Kindergarten Cop, so I suppose that explains the similarities.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
The Silent Hill saga has been very special to me, of course especially because of Keiichiro Toyama who has made wonderful games, like his great artistic work that many know and I always praise (The beautiful blondie girl).

People always misunderstand that Silent hill is the adversary of Resident evil, which they have nothing to do with each other, since they handle terror in a different way.

The first game, the one I had the most in mind based on terror, was the only one that paused to take a breath, no other has happened to me this way, but its confusing but interesting story is one of the best games that I have remembered the most .

Silent hill 2, I liked the form of the narrative, but in my opinion, especially in the background that is handled and how is the internal struggle of the person to get ahead.

Silent hill 3 has been my favorite, the one I have wanted to play the most but I have never been able to complete it, due to various life situations, I have never finished it... But it is always one of my favorites, I only reached 3/4 parts of the game , due to commitments and situations I have suspended the game and restarted again.

Silent hill 4 The room, I liked it and it was the first Xbox Silent hill that I played, to be honest it is the one that seemed more like a MEME, with some hilarious and exaggerated situations that sometimes did not make me afraid, but laugh, like the dumb protagonist, the robotic movements, the burps of the nurses...etc, but the CGI intro is the best thing about the game (But Walter Sullivan is the best antagonist character of the saga, like claudia) .

Silent hill Homecoming, I never got to play it, maybe for reasons of commitments.

Silent hill Downpour, I liked the story and the main character, but despite not having the cast of the original Silent hill team, it's a good game.

Silent hill Origins, I liked this version of PSP and despite being short, the protagonist Travis is one of the best in the series. The song at the beginning of the game is one of my favorites.

Kssio_Aug

I was always fascinated that the environment designers of the first game built the "American school" around the school from the movie Kindergarten Cop.

rAujzHr.png

Apparently (after talking with some administrators there that worked there in the 90s) they had some visitors from Japan at the school taking photos "for reference" but didn't know the specifics. This was around the time they were filming Kindergarten Cop, so I suppose that explains the similarities.
That´s really cool!

Dr.Morris79

rAujzHr.png

Thats probably the weirdest best thing I've never known. And even weirder since i've watched and played both things countless times.

mrabott

The Silent Hill saga has been very special to me, of course especially because of Keiichiro Toyama who has made wonderful games, like his great artistic work that many know and I always praise (The beautiful blondie girl).

People always misunderstand that Silent hill is the adversary of Resident evil, which they have nothing to do with each other, since they handle terror in a different way.

The first game, the one I had the most in mind based on terror, was the only one that paused to take a breath, no other has happened to me this way, but its confusing but interesting story is one of the best games that I have remembered the most .

Silent hill 2, I liked the form of the narrative, but in my opinion, especially in the background that is handled and how is the internal struggle of the person to get ahead.

Silent hill 3 has been my favorite, the one I have wanted to play the most but I have never been able to complete it, due to various life situations, I have never finished it... But it is always one of my favorites, I only reached 3/4 parts of the game , due to commitments and situations I have suspended the game and restarted again.

Silent hill 4 The room, I liked it and it was the first Xbox Silent hill that I played, to be honest it is the one that seemed more like a MEME, with some hilarious and exaggerated situations that sometimes did not make me afraid, but laugh, like the dumb protagonist, the robotic movements, the burps of the nurses...etc, but the CGI intro is the best thing about the game (But Walter Sullivan is the best antagonist character of the saga, like claudia) .

Silent hill Homecoming, I never got to play it, maybe for reasons of commitments.

Silent hill Downpour, I liked the story and the main character, but despite not having the cast of the original Silent hill team, it's a good game.

Silent hill Origins, I liked this version of PSP and despite being short, the protagonist Travis is one of the best in the series. The song at the beginning of the game is one of my favorites.
Sorry to bother, but what you saying with commitments?

Krathoon

Hrmm.. Silent Hill: Downpour is not available on the Microsoft Store.

360 copies are starting to become harder to come by. There are a few on eBay in the $40 to $50 dollar range.

You may want to snatch one up, if you are a collector.

I have not checked on PS3. There may be more copies there.

I am getting the impression it is becoming rare.

Last edited:

Krathoon

I need to get a Silent Hill save that is close to the end of the game. One where I can get the drug to save the cop.

I will check on GameFaqs.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Hrmm.. Silent Hill: Downpour is not available on the Microsoft Store.

360 copies are starting to become harder to come by. There are a few on eBay in the $40 to $50 dollar range.

You may want to snatch one up, if you are a collector.

I have not checked on PS3. There may be more copies there.

I am getting the impression it is becoming rare.

Is Downpour BC compatible ?

Krathoon

Yes, it's the best version now because it fixes the framerate issues. It's also sharper and sounds better than the PS3 version.
Yeah. When you select it on the Microsoft Store, it says it is not available. Just tried it. You can get Homecoming, though.
So, it may be good to grab a physical copy. I checked Amazon and no 360 copies are on there.
Some are on eBay. I have not checked Mercari.

adamsapple

Yes, it's the best version now because it fixes the framerate issues. It's also sharper and sounds better than the PS3 version.

Nice.

I'll see if I can hunt down a cheap used copy in a close by warehouse store.

If I'm not mistaken, that game also never got a PC release either and stuck only on PS3 and 360. At least we have BC to play it reliably on modern hardware.

edit: ooof ... nearly $70 in that store. Yeah, that's way too much for my wallet.

Recently emulated SH4 and I don't care what anyone says it was good.

It's ........... fine ......

A sharp drop compared to the first three, but still much better than anything that came after it.

Last edited:

solidus12

Is Homecoming really that bad?

Like I said I just bought a copy on PS3, and thought I had to install some data and updates on the console, but seems like the game doesn’t install at all.
I’ll have to check it out during the week-end
(Excited to meet the nurse with the cleavage) 😗

adamsapple

Yep Downpour 360 cannot be bought for less than 50 euros in France. It will probably be 100€ in a couple of years

Wonder why that specific one is not available on Xbox.com to buy.

You can buy the shitty HD collection and Homecoming. Why not Downpour.

adamsapple

Am I the only one who likes silent hill downpour?

I thought it had really good atmosphere at least.

I also loved shattered memories. I didn't see the twist coming, such a clever ending.

Atmospherically it's nice, but game play is clunky and the bugs and bad performance really killed it for me back in the day.

Top Bottom