• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sims 2 DS and PSP screens

DMczaf

sims2psp_social_0706lg.jpg
sims2psp_saloon_0706lg.jpg
sims2psp_kine_0706lg.jpg
sims2ds_social_0706lg.jpg
sims2ds_gallery_0706lg.jpg

Flo_Evans

uhh... why are those PSP screens so big? Last I checked the PSP screen is not 640x359. Looks like they are PSPdevkit shots vs. DS framebuffer shots that are stretched out to make them look worse...

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I'm sure the DS version has loads of innovative minigames to make up for any of those minor graphical differences.

silver

Banned
radioheadrule83 said:
Not that it will look much better but:

DS screens at native resolution please

or

PSP screens at 2/3x their normal size as well.

Thanks

This man is correct.

What is the DS resolution? I'll resize them.

I like the drawing your own paintings thing...

I don't suppose this is online? It'd be great to go to other peoples' houses and see what they've done with them. Metal detector looks interesting too..

silver

Banned
olimario said:
The DS version doesnt look so bad.
dssim7fu.jpg

The GBA might have the best looking handheld version, though.
sims2gbacourt07063fy.jpg

sims2gbasocial07065ou.jpg

Yeah, this is better. Both versions look good. Making excellent use of the GBA hardware there.

Barrage

Sweet to see that not only is the DS Version different from the GBA version, but appears to have features that use the hardware.

I'm taking a wait-and-see approach on the DS and GBA Version. I'll have to see what's differences the Sims 2 PSP has on the console versions before I start paying attention to that.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
StephaneC said:
DS screens are 2 month old, psp screens are new

these screens were just released today at the EA event...

btw, here's some different screens with the right screen ratio:

the-sims-2-20050714003012201.jpg

the-sims-2-20050714003012795.jpg

the-sims-2-20050714003013310.jpg

the-sims-2-20050714003013717.jpg

the-sims-2-20050714003014092.jpg

PSP version looks terrific, even better at actual size. Still not the graphical powerhouse that gripshift and madden are though :lol

sims2psp_social_0706lg.jpg

Mau ®

The PSP version looks better than my Sims 2 game on PC.

I'll buy the PSP and PS2 versions, always liked Sims more on consoles

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I wish they had ported the PC game over in it's entirety. There is going to be no aging of the characters or babies in the console/handheld versions. EA said the consoles and handhelds couldn't handle all that. I didn't think it would be THAT taxing, but I guess so.

terrene

Banned
Flo_Evans said:
Looks like they are PSPdevkit shots vs. DS framebuffer shots that are stretched out to make them look worse...

Right. And George W. Bush fulfilled his service duty in the 70s because typewriters don't do superset "th" symbols.

Unison

dskillzhtown said:
I wish they had ported the PC game over in it's entirety. There is going to be no aging of the characters or babies in the console/handheld versions. EA said the consoles and handhelds couldn't handle all that. I didn't think it would be THAT taxing, but I guess so.

Obviously the Xbox, with its hard drive COULD handle that, but this is EA we're talking about, so the lowest common denominator prevails once again!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
inthezone said:
The PSP version looks better than my Sims 2 game on PC.

I'll buy the PSP and PS2 versions

:lol why? You already have one version of the game. Now you need three? :lol

I could almost see Andy saying something like that from a mile away. Honestly, for a different game that uses some of the hardware's actual features, I'm much more excited about the DS game because it won't just be a toned-down port of the console ones.

Top Bottom