• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sims 5 (Project Rene) has been Hacked and Pirated

Draugoth

Gold Member
thesims5hack.jpg

It seems that Project Rene (The Sims 5) has been hacked:

Sources, who wish to remain anonymous due to the possible repercussions of their name going public have shown Insider Gaming that they’ve already managed to crack and pirate the current version of The Sims 5.

The hackers have been able to generate access tokens using a playtester devuno token (which allows them to access the game). These generated tokens will allow anyone access to the game without needing any form of online access or approval from EA. In addition to the replication of the access tokens, the hackers have also shown gameplay of them playing on Peer 2 Peer servers without ever needing to contact EA servers.

It’s understood that cracking the game was fairly easy as the game is currently unencrypted and runs on Unreal Engine. This has apparently made it “real easy” to bypass the titles [lack of] security.

EA has already said that they are prototyping The Sims 5 on Unreal Engine, but it’s not been specified if the game will fully release on Unreal Engine 5 or not.

When asked if the hackers will make these generated codes and access the game public, Insider Gaming wasn’t given an answer before the publication of this report.

Apart from the potential disaster though, it seems like The Sims 5 is already going down well with fans. “Everyone loves it in the playtest discord”, said one source.

Puscifer

I stopped playing it because every new game, was a downgrade.

I'm surprised EA hasn't done another Sims mmo yet.
Sims 3 basically selling me features that were already there in 1 and 2 was enough for me to drop it. Not to mention it's wacky performance, I'd prefer to just load up Sims 2 ultimate and call it a day at that point.

Arachnid

With the way they nickel and dime their add ons, it's a little hard to have sympathy.

Also, how? It's not even out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom