• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre - Official Trailer

If it's not secretly a multiplayer Friday the 13th type gig I'm down. But I need it for virtual reality. Any game like this I'll either wait for a VR mod or official support. It's so much scarier I don't even consider flat screen horror games anymore.

MiguelItUp

If it's not secretly a multiplayer Friday the 13th type gig I'm down. But I need it for virtual reality. Any game like this I'll either wait for a VR mod or official support. It's so much scarier I don't even consider flat screen horror games anymore.
It said multiplayer horror game. So, it's safe to assume this will be another asymmetrical multiplayer horror title much like F13.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Gun Media has occasionally been updating The Texas Chain Saw Massacre's site with new information about the game whether it be about the overall story or stealth mechanics that govern how players will avoid the player-controlled killers. This week, the studio shared details on the cast of "Victims" as they're being called, the tropey characters who boast strengths, weaknesses, and unique backstories to set them apart from each other. We learned about five of those this week including a first look at the Victims' designs and their bios.

These characters center around Maria Flores, the in-universe character who went missing near Austin, Texas, thus warranting a search by the Victims who are comprised of Julie, Leland, Connie, Sonny, and Ana.

texas-chain-saw-massacre.png

Julie

"Julie is a Southern California native and fits every bit of what that description might bring to mind. Sand, surf, and sport lifestyle. But whether or not her life to this point has prepared her for the stress and strain of the experience that requires an entirely different type of toughness remains to be seen. Will her physical abilities be enough to carry her through an absolute nightmare unlike any other?"

Leland

"While Leland might have wrestled in high school, college life is a long way from high school and his glory days of wrestling. Still, he is the toughest of the group, but what he has in strength he lacks elsewhere. A native Texan and bit of a tough guy, but still no match one on one against the likes of the Slaughter Family and therefore his capabilities benefit from teamwork with his peers."

Connie

"Connie comes from a life on the farm, where she never shied away from the work that went along with it. While not quite what you'd imagine a tomboy to be, Connie relishes in being the type of person that will surprise you with her skills. She's crafty, intelligent, and ingenuitive. A natural tinkerer, her skills are more surgical than strong arm."

Sonny

"Sonny might have a slightly smaller frame, but he more than makes up for that with his intellect. The best student of the bunch is not only book smart, he's quick on his feet and quick with his decisions. Perceptive and intuitive, exceptionally situationally aware, Sonny will need to rely on his intelligence if he's to survive, and his friends would be equally wise to reap the benefits of his abilities."

Ana

"And then there's Ana. Ana is fiercely motivated and a natural leader. After losing her father, she and Maria help to take care of their mother, while trying to forge their own paths as well. Now with Maria missing, Ana is done sitting idly by while law enforcement stumbles along. Determination and sheer willpower are her strongest suits, and she'll need every ounce of her resilience to endure."

tygertrip

So we have F13th, Evil Dead and now Texas Chain Saw Masacre. And Dead by Daylight of course. How about some cool singleplayer game of these franchises?!
It's fucking multiplayer??? Goddamn it. TCM 1 and 2 are two of my favorite movies of all time (the rest are complete shit). They need to shamelessly rip off RE7 (which itself copied a LOT from TCM) and make a game for each movie. Dog will hunt!

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
So we have F13th, Evil Dead and now Texas Chain Saw Masacre. And Dead by Daylight of course. How about some cool singleplayer game of these franchises?!
Kinda vile seeing as Texas Chainsaw Massacre is based on some real shit. Movies have been out since forever, so....

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Yea I wanted a single player campaign. This is only fun if people keep playing it and if you want your own experience you have to play with bots. I didn’t care for Friday the 13th for the exact same reason. I got what I wanted out of it in the first offline solo game I setup for myself. It felt lame.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
THREE Becky's and a token black dude? Better get better character representation after launch. F13th playable characters were good if not a bit stereotypical.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out this official trailer from Gun's upcoming game based on the classic 1974 horror film The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, in which the developers show off how faithfully they've recreated various locations from the movie. The developers said, "We've made a focused effort to ensure that what our players see is the closest representation possible to what Tobe Hooper and Kim Henkel brought to viewers on the big screen, and then we expand upon the world in a way that honors and builds on what already exists. We are giving our players the experience of what it would be like for them to step into the shoes of one of the Slaughter family or their victims and see how they would fare in horrifying situations that are every bit as compelling and entertaining a story as what happened to Sally and her friends in the original film."

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Should say "loosely based on true events, like really really loose. As loose as an only fans creator"

Very much so, especially as there's little to no evidence that Ed Gein was even a serial killer. He robbed graves to make his "collection"...

Also, regarding their commitment to authenticity to look of the '74 version of TCM, I wonder if its going to be as bloodless as Hooper's original. Because despite its fearsome reputation its actually very restrained in terms of gore.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We played half a dozen rounds of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, the upcoming multiplayer game that adapts the classic 1974 horror movie into an asymmetrical 3v4 confrontation between the serial killer Family and the four Victims brought to their home. Previewed on PC by Ryan McCaffrey.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Gun Studio's team took a few moments out of a busy motion capture session to spend some time talking to the cast. Now that you know the full roster of Victims and Family members, it's time to meet the people bringing them to life. This is only the first in a series of behind the scenes content coming for The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Join Gun President and CEO Wes Keltner, along with Foley FX artist Lord Kayoss and veteran SFX recording artist Watson Wu, for a behind-the-scenes look at the upcoming multiplayer horror game The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, including a spotlight on capturing the sound of a chainsaw--the tool used by villain Leatherface. In this latest video, the team details the process of recording audio and sound effects and the challenges of attempting to recreate the original chainsaw and attendant sound effects of the original 1974 film.

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre will be available in 2023 on Game Pass, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and PC via Steam and the Microsoft Store.

CGNoire

Yep the visuals shown in that gas station shot they where so eager to share was complete bullshit it seems.... :/

Doom85

Leatherface is based on the murderer Ed Gein, who was caught

Not to mention Leatherface dies in 2, he’s only alive in 3 and 4 because each of them only follow the original film. Not to mention Jessica Biel cuts off his arm permanently in the 2003 remake. He’s definitely not walked away triumphant in all the films.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out the gory new trailer for Texas Chain Saw Massacre, the asymmetrical multiplayer action game based on the 1974 film of the same name. A technical test will begin on May 25 (wishlist the game on Steam or follow the official game social media channels for eligibility details), and the full game will be released on August 18 for PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One. It will also be launching into Xbox Game Pass (console and PC) on day one.

Laieon

I don't like Dead By Daylight, but I loved Gun's take on the genre with Friday the 13th. Hoping this is just as fun as that was.

Laieon

What are the main differences that stand out to you between Dead by Daylight and Friday the 13th?

It's been years since I've played it, but I remember not liking the community very much. Friday the 13th felt a lot more chill, and some of my more memorable matches were when people weren't working together - it was just hilarious at times and fit the tone of the movies. Friday the 13th felt less polished and a bit more arcadey, but that's what I liked about it; something about that just worked for me.

Solarstrike

"...This very special double album bundle features the complete video game soundtrack music to The Texas Chain Saw Massacre pressed to "Chain Saw Motor Green & Rust" colored vinyl, housed in deluxe heavyweight gatefold packaging with matte satin coating, composer liner notes, and all new artwork. The composers of the game music all have a dedicated love for the original 1974 film. Recordings of sheet metal, spoons, tuning forks, furniture, and the instrument, the Apprehension Engine, were mangled, manipulated, and ran through several vintage reverbs, distortions, tape delays, and other effects to create a haunting, sonic cacophony that envelopes the listener and transports them directly to a killing floor in the sweltering Texas summer heat."..

TCSMG-Bundle_1800x1800.jpg

Top Bottom