• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Unofficially Official X05 Thread (announcements go in here, clones)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
no, it seems pretty clear that he was talking about what he learned from the reps (i could be wrong though). he clearly says that there is no weather, and night racing will be unvieled (officially, by bizarre) soon.

blim, can you clear this up?

i'm thinking the author of that 1up article assumed features that were in pgr2 would be in pgr3...

che, any commennts?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
op_ivy said:
no, it seems pretty clear that he was talking about what he learned from the reps (i could be wrong though). he clearly says that there is no weather, and night racing will be unvieled (officially, by bizarre) soon.

blim, can you clear this up?

i'm thinking the author of that 1up article assumed features that were in pgr2 would be in pgr3...

che, any commennts?
Well, I specifically asked the question about weather during the presentation in Tokyo and the reply was a very definitive no. So unless they did not understand my question correctly (always possible with my thick accent), I guess 1up is wrong.

FiRez

but but but...... PGR2 had weather what the hell :/
I loved when it was raining it created a very good mood,

fse

I bit the bullet and pre-ordered a 360 from ritz camera (no bundles!) so I can play pgr3 :)

Blimblim said:
Nope, sorry. I just did not have enough time for all games so I ignored anything that I had already seen at the TGS.

so waht videos are left? i think you pretty much covered them all. Any other fifa vids?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Kabuki Waq said:
so waht videos are left? i think you pretty much covered them all. Any other fifa vids?
To be released when the download servers are a bit less saturated: TDU, some more PGR3 gameplay (shinjuku), chrome hounds (not really interesting), NFSMW, Full Auto.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
f_elz said:
I bit the bullet and pre-ordered a 360 from ritz camera (no bundles!) so I can play Ridge Racer 6 :)

Congrats :D

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
omg, I just watched the 20 minute gameplay video of Oblivion. No more rollercoaster for me, day one purchase no matter what. Amazing. Couldn't believe it when that lady fireballed her dog for barking :lol Needs a little framerate optimization, hope it gets done. GOTY material, easily.

ziran

(i started a thread with this, oops, i'll post it here)

X05 Industry Reactions

Next Gen

opinions from:

Mark MacDonald
Executive editor
Electronic Gaming Monthly

Dean Takahashi
Staff writer

Tom Russo
Director
Games Editorial

David Hodgeson
Freelance

Marcus Lai
Editor-in-chief
Punchjump.com

David Cole
President
DFC Intelligence

i'm more confident about xbox 360 now x05 has happened. pg3 is the most visually impressive game i've ever seen, from an in-game perspective, and the gameplay looks great. kameo also looks great and pd0 is a 'wait til i've played it'. 3rd party stuff looks overall decent, with gow, mass effect and too human looking excellent.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
some things that have been bothering me

why exactly should the xbox360 launch have a halo AAA game? Would it be good? of course, but it's not necessary. how many launches have had that type of game? 2 maybe 3? basically they are launching with a very solid, if not great lineup that very few launches have ever matched.

And secondly, why does everybody compare any current launch xbox360 game with mgs4? mgs4 is at least a year and a half away. and the only game we have seen that far away like that is GOW and it compares favorably. Why not compare games with a similar launch targets?

PhatSaqs

Banned
GashPrex said:
some things that have been bothering me

why exactly should the xbox360 launch have a halo AAA game? Would it be good? of course, but it's not necessary. how many launches have had that type of game? 2 maybe 3? basically they are launching with a very solid, if not great lineup that very few launches have ever matched.

And secondly, why does everybody compare any current launch xbox360 game with mgs4? mgs4 is at least a year and a half away. and the only game we have seen that far away like that is GOW and it compares favorably. Why not compare games with a similar launch targets?
You should create a new thread and ask GAF these questions Gash.

But i'll answer with what I think:

Its not necessary for any launch to have a AAA game in order for it to be succesful in the long run. As long as something comes around and identifies itself as a must have for the system eventually and at least within the first year. Of course, it only helps if such a game exists from the outset but it's certainly not a requirement by any stretch.

About MGS4, alot of people are using it as a symbol of what "next gen" is to THEM. And there's not much of an argument in saying that anything else shown so far looks equivalent, on all levels, to the footage shown of MGS4. So I think it's being used as a justification card in most cases (as the Killzone footage was before). Justification for bashing and/or not wanting the 360 (fine for the most part since it's most likely PS3 exclusive), justification for having expectations of what all next gen games should look like (ridiculous), and even justification for saying the PS3 is significantly more powerful than the 360 (also ridiculous).

Most dont use logic when making these comparisons anyway so it only serves to start flame wars and seperate the forum posters into "bot camps".

GashPrex said:
why exactly should the xbox360 launch have a halo AAA game?

I think the idea of being able to spot every triple-A title from a mile away is silly. There can be such a thing as a bonafide killer-app being labeled as such after it has had time on the market to show that to everyone...sleeper hits and such.

Condemned, RR6, PD0, Kameo and the other non-PGR3 titles :)lol) might turn out to be as popular as Halo...who knows until they're done and in my system to play.

The system, with its current launch lineup, is more than sufficient to launch a system with in grand fashion, IMO. X360 will sell-out this holiday, no problem.

swordsman

Banned
I have to miss all these great Vids from BlimBlim, but I will get a broadband over 2 weeks with luck. So I will able to play live again since I was move out.
My Xbox360 live will begin on Dec. 2nd.

--
Do you guys/gals already received the Xbox360 longsleeve shirt from MS. I got my last week with my reserve-kit. Nice Nice shirt...

Namomura

048220.jpg
Need this one...

swordsman

Banned
Namomura said:
048220.jpg
Need this one...
--
Nay, too flower for me.
Just give me the version with Xbox360 (green-darkgreen yellow-circles)..

--
As europeaners we are used to it, with E60 a game. Most of the games here cost E59.99=60

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
shibbs said:
All this talk about HDTV but can someone tell me how much "worse" will it look on a regular tv?

Not sure, but supposedly, you'll get a lot of 'free' AA

Top Bottom