• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The verge website is a mess

SJRB

Gold Member
Yeah it's terrible. Total assault on the senses.

OCFkgQD.png

What is this shit?

Last edited:

PSYGN

Who's bright idea was it to flash you from a dark background (homepage) to a white background (article)?

I'll give them one thing, though, the site loads damn fast.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
The Verge have smug, pretentious and terrible editors. One deservedly got backlash for a terrible take about a nasa scientist wearing an anime shirt. The writer is a petty, hateful, self righteous cunt.
Whoa, it's rare to see you make a serious, critical post with curse words. I can practically feel the hatred emanating from my computer screen--Did Bragr get ahold of your login? lol

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Dude the layout of that website is amazing on mobile!

Kinda like most creative magazines these days in the UK.

Loved it. Not so sure about the content tho

6yAkHlS.png
mCtPLlM.png

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I used to check out the site from time to time, but since the redesign I can’t be arsed to.

It’s legit annoying and painful on desktop.

HoodWinked

Ya I visited the site for the first time in a long time because of the recent changes to YouTube. And at first I was confused and thought I went to the wrong site. Then realized the address was right and it must be a redesign but it looked like digital vomit.

winjer

Gold Member
Never was a good site for anyone with a real interest in technology.
Always avoided visiting such crappy sites.

Tams

Terrible website. Don't give them the traffic. The whole of Vox Media in fact. I'm surprised it's taken them this long to disappear up their arses this much.

And their existence bears a lot of similarities to REEEEEEE and here. Engadget did get pretty toxic. Those who 'knew better' went and made something 'better'. The old place is now much better than the breakaway.

Tams

On the other hand arstechnica website is simple and very nice to look at.
GhVE1Ux.jpg

The commentariat (and the odd reviewer - remember that they had a paedo as one) leave a lot to be desired though.

At least the site can still be enjoyed if ignore the former.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Terrible website. Don't give them the traffic. The whole of Vox Media in fact. I'm surprised it's taken them this long to disappear up their arses this much.

And their existence bears a lot of similarities to REEEEEEE and here. Engadget did get pretty toxic. Those who 'knew better' went and made something 'better'. The old place is now much better than the breakaway.

Another thing that is annoying is that most of these sites are all morphed to be the same thing. It’s not just a vidya site, a tech site, etc. They all talk about capeshit, they are all political obviously, they all have tons of snark and snarky bitchy commenters. It’s just a blight.

Yet, for some reason Polygon has by far the best walkthroughs and strategy guides on the internet. So whenever I want to look something up I always end up there.

Top Bottom