• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The very best of social media

ntropy

v21eGdQ0o0ne.jpeg

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don't do negativity like the OP wanted (never actually read the OP... I thought it was about actual good posts) so... Some positivity...

More revisionist bullshit to inject racism into everything (except when people bring up Anthony Johnson in pioneering something). That is not where cowboy came from.

Cowboys were deep rooted from Spain which brought the traditions to early Americas, and the word ‘cowboy’ is from the Spanish word vaquero.

It was also used in the American revolution to describe a certain type of American fighters in their roving guerrilla bands.

I’m all for giving credit to key figures in history where credit is due, but not this revisionist shit down to the TikTok token hipster white guy as if the first cowboys were actually black and the evil racist white man stole it from them, when in reality they were Spaniards from Spain.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
More revisionist bullshit to inject racism into everything (except when people bring up Anthony Johnson in pioneering something). That is not where cowboy came from.

Cowboys were deep rooted from Spain which brought the traditions to early Americas, and the word ‘cowboy’ is from the Spanish word vaquero.

It was also used in the American revolution to describe a certain type of American fighters in their roving guerrilla bands.

I’m all for giving credit to key figures in history where credit is due, but not this revisionist shit down to the TikTok token hipster white guy as if the first cowboys were actually black and the evil racist white man stole it from them, when in reality they were Spaniards from Spain.

If you scroll down to where it mentions Black cowboys on your link and then click it... You get this nugget of info that corroborates the video I posted...

"White ranchers could even win competitions based on the cow-handling skills of the Black slaves in their possession.[3] In Antebellum Texas, white ranchers referred to white workers as "cow hands," with Black people in the same position referred to with the pejorative "cow boy.""

While the term cowboy was used before black cowboys were a thing, it was still used in the pejorative towards black cow hands.

Also doesn't negate the accomplishments of those black cowboys and cowgirls (although that term didn't come about until the 20th century).

My point is, both things can be true and not, as you call it, revisionist history. And racism DID exist back then... Not sure why you're saying it was injected into history when it was part of said history.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If you scroll down to where it mentions Black cowboys on your link and then click it... You get this nugget of info that corroborates the video I posted...

While the term cowboy was used before black cowboys were a thing, it was still used in the pejorative towards black cow hands.

Also doesn't negate the accomplishments of those black cowboys and cowgirls (although that term didn't come about until the 20th century).

My point is, both things can be true and not, as you call it, revisionist history. And racism DID exist back then... Not sure why you're saying it was injected into history when it was part of said history.
It’s all about framing, my man.

Toots

Gold Member
I don't do negativity like the OP wanted (never actually read the OP... I thought it was about actual good posts) so... Some positivity...

Did you not have anything other than a annoying uggo's video on that topic ?
Are you only sources white people ?
Can white men please stop telling us about other ethnicities History?
Why are you talking about negativity, when you should be learning about respect :p

(see it's really easy to nitpick everything and be holier-than-thou but its lame stop doing that and just have fun. If something bother you press ignore. You manage to ignore the 15000 daily children death from malnutrition worldwide, i think you can do that.)

and here is something funny from black twitter involving chinese people so you can see everyone can laugh with everyone and we're all equally stupid.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

Although the guy in the black shirt went over the top, the guy in the red shirt asked for a slap at the very least. He was the aggressor and got his ass handed to him.

Wouldn't say it was a good fight to watch. Far too one sided.

Toots

Gold Member
Plot twist. This is the husband.

bi gay GIF by LGBTQ Youth
First thought i had.

Occam's razor (depilatory wax?)

He knows for sure that is son is gay. How ?
Well the child is his son after all...

Jokes aside the dude sounds so insecure and clueless. I mean mouthing a banana is pretty standard 2022 USMC procedure, the kid might end up a 4 stars general.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
First thought i had.

Occam's razor (depilatory wax?)

He knows for sure that is son is gay. How ?
Well the child is his son after all...

Jokes aside the dude sounds so insecure and clueless. I mean mouthing a banana is pretty standard 2022 USMC procedure, the kid might end up a 4 stars general.
ozG4w2y.gif

Why not both?

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
You are describing every cat on earth.

There‘s a show in the UK & Australia called The Dog House, where people come to give rescue dogs a new life. It’s all about fitting the right people with the right dog. My mate wondered if they’d ever do a version for cats, but I said it’d only last two minutes, and would just be the guy behind the counter saying “take any one you like. They’re all cunts.”

tommib

Although the guy in the black shirt went over the top, the guy in the red shirt asked for a slap at the very least. He was the aggressor and got his ass handed to him.

Wouldn't say it was a good fight to watch. Far too one sided.
Red shirt was probably intoxicated and completely started the whole thing. Black shirt is a fucking hero for coming back and helping him to stand up and sit. This how you humanly deal with this type of situation.

Top Bottom