• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Warriors Review - Rockstar's Underappreciated Beat 'Em Up

Kuranghi

I can dig it. Awesome OST:

Not sure how much of it is in the game though, definitely the theme.

Can I play this on PS5 somehow?

Last edited:

Eimran

One of the best games of the PS2 gen.

When rockstar released 3 games per gen, instead of 1 in 3

Last edited:

Allforce

The arcade version of The Warriors you can play from the cabinet in your hideout is absolutely awesome too. Straight throwback to the original Double Dragon only using the games models and fighting gameplay.

I wish they would release that as a standalone purchase.

They really were. They put out SOOOO many games, and most of them were really good.

Crazy to think we actually got 6 GTA games back then (3 consoles, 2 PSP & 1 DS) and now we lucky to get one :messenger_grinning_sweat:

To be honest I wouldn't mind Rockstar going back to the smaller experiences like The Warriors, Manhunt, Midnight Club etc than just the open world stuff they do now

Arkam

Under appreciated? Thats not how I remember it. You know how the film is now super popular among millennials? You can thank this game. I worked at a video store where we had two copies of the film. In the two years preceding the release of this game they were checked out less than 5 times. A couple weeks before this game game out I could not keep them in stock (We even ordered 2 more copies). And I heard countless kids saying remarks like "Did you know that Warriors game is based on an old movie?"

Was a decent game, based on a decent film. If anything, both are over appreciated.

Top Bottom