• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 4: Dev Confirms Teaser Is a Brand New Witcher School

Javthusiast

Banned
images

Spaceman292

Banned
Of course it's a new school. The woke crowd wants to appropriate another IP without making their own. And CDPR feeling the need to brown-nose because of recent events will accommodate. And so lets pull out the woke dart board. How many woke tropes will this new witcher school have?
you sound like a crazy person

boo

Gold Member
Need lots of bad endings were everybody dies. Male protagonist that don’t give a shit. Give me my coin. Bunch of slutty women. NPCs that go oh it’s HIM. A hero to men, a lover to women. Monsters that go NOOOO HE is here I am going to DIE. Oh yeah.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Sounds like they want to start fresh. People talk about Ciri as the protag but I’m thinking they’ll let us create our own witcher from scratch with a character editor.
I like that. Just let us edit the body too this time CDPR!

Last edited:

j0hnnix

CDPR going to flip everyone on their heads. This won't be a strong female role, they won't introduce a new male protagonist.. It will be the greatest combo in history a strong hermaphrodite protagonist.

Prince Harry Mic Drop GIF

samoilaaa

Yes I will. What's the problem with that? Have you ever seen a character creator that's white people only?
because of 2 problems
1. Only men can be witchers , you take that away then you can throw all the lore of the game out the window and stop calling it a witcher game
2. The game takes place in a medieval europe , you will not see black people in europe at that time unless they were slaves , actualy if i think about it not even slaves

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
because of 2 problems
1. Only men can be witchers , you take that away then you can throw all the lore of the game out the window and stop calling it a witcher game
2. The game takes place in a medieval europe , you will not see black people in europe at that time unless they were slaves
Ciri becomes a Witcher though. I guess Witcher 3 threw all the lore out the window. Why was it even called The Witcher 3?

samoilaaa

Ciri becomes a Witcher though. I guess Witcher 3 threw all the lore out the window. Why was it even called The Witcher 3?
ciri is one of a kind , born with elder blood and she doesnt even become an actual witcher , they consider her a witcher because she trained almost all her life with them

Airbus Jr

Banned
Sounds like they want to start fresh. People talk about Ciri as the protag but I’m thinking they’ll let us create our own witcher from scratch with a character editor.
I like that. Just let us edit the body too this time CDPR!
Kinda disagree with that man

The witcher series rellies on strong character with deep background, personality, narrative and how it connect to the story and lore like in the book

Cant replace people like geralt of rivia or yennefer of vengerberg with random character creation

Isnt the kind of game like elden ring or elder scroll where we can play as random tarnished dude

Character creation in game like this will sucks will lose tons of important details and wont be as impactfull

Last edited:
I'm not sure why people are let down by the announcement. Everybody and their brother knew they were working on W4. It was just a matter of time before they formally announced it. Even if they announced this in 2025, it's not like we'd all be sitting here wondering what they were up to. We'd all know. So what's the difference?
The diff is we hate cdpr now and gonna whine about every little thing they do good or not.

Spaceman292

Banned
because of 2 problems
2. The game takes place in a medieval europe , you will not see black people in europe at that time unless they were slaves , actualy if i think about it not even slaves
The entire book series literally follows a woman becoming a witcher. Also is there some lore book I don't know about that says the entire fantasy continent that the Witcher takes place on is devoid of black people?

EDMIX

The witcher series rellies on strong character with deep background, personality, narrative and how it connect to the story and lore like in the book

Cant replace people like geralt of rivia or yennefer of vengerberg with random character creation

Isnt the kind of game like elden ring or elder scroll where we can play as random tarnished dude

Character creation in game like this will sucks will lose tons of important details and wont be as impactfull

Agreed.

Keep in mind, I fucking love the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series and even Dragon Age series, I like a lot of RPGs that let you do that, but Witcher already has a set world with characters and it would be pretty stupid to ignore that difference just to chase what another IP is doing.

They won't do better then Elder Scrolls, they should focus on doing better then what the already do with Witcher, we already have lots of series that are like that and don't really need Witcher morphing into that just to ride coat tails. I'd rather have a character from the book series and call it a day.

BigBooper

I am curious if they can still make compelling stories if they don't have source material to pull from. I hope so.

Question for the loyal Witcher fans. Since the protagonist isn't of the Wolf clan, doesn't this exclude Ciri?

BigBooper

Need lots of bad endings were everybody dies. Male protagonist that don’t give a shit. Give me my coin. Bunch of slutty women. NPCs that go oh it’s HIM. A hero to men, a lover to women. Monsters that go NOOOO HE is here I am going to DIE. Oh yeah.
Oh yea. Bring back the hooker collectible trading cards.

samoilaaa

The entire book series literally follows a woman becoming a witcher. Also is there some lore book I don't know about that says the entire fantasy continent that the Witcher takes place on is devoid of black people?
its about combining historic timeline with fantasy , for example how many white people did you see in wakanda ? its a fantasy land it doesnt really exist so it could have people of any color right ?

Spaceman292

Banned
its about combining historic timeline with fantasy , for example how many white people did you see in wakanda ? its a fantasy land it doesnt really exist so it could have people of any color right ?
You're one of those 'White Panther' people, aren't you?

hemo memo

Gold Member
I don’t know. If CP77 didn’t exist then I would be excited as W3 was an an incredible game but they put a long lasting bad taste in my mouth after the disaster that was Cyberpunk.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I don’t know. If CP77 didn’t exist then I would be excited as W3 was an an incredible game but they put a long lasting bad taste in my mouth after the disaster that was Cyberpunk.
cyberpunk has problems but it's not ruining witcher 4 for me lol. with cyberpunk they were far too ambitious. while i'm sure witcher 4 will be more advanced than 3 it won't need to be as complex as Cyberpunk. CDPR had to learn a lot of new stuff for cyberpunk like firearms, cars/motorbikes, large city design/infrastructure, traffic AI/pathing, and gameplay stuff like hacking. witcher games only really need good sword/magic combat, horse riding, and basic npc ai. there are some large towns/cities but nothing on the level of night city.

i know they aren't using redengine anymore but they'll have learned a lot with cyberpunk and if they use UE5 it'll not hold them back. redengine is old and heavily limiting. they enhanced it with cyberpunk but the engine wasn't really designed for a game like that. maybe it's good that CDPR will go back to "basics" with a completely new engine. also i hope they learned a lesson with cyberpunk. just shut the fuck up and work on the game. when it's done then show it off and do it honestly.

Fredrik

I understand but if they’re doing a new school that isn’t in the books or previous games I doubt we’ll play as any previous characters, to me it sounds like they want to start fresh.
They might create a new one in-house though. Is that better? Even if that means a boring one suitable for a modern audience?
Personally I prefer a character editor for RPGs, as long as the editor is good that is.

Amiga

Probably to have even more freedom with the story. Make your own character and have more effective choice in event's. A fuller WRPG. A chance to be good/evil/neutral. An assassin like the antagonist in W2. or even a thief. CDPR can go all out and even make you set the rules for the Witcher school. Be more than mercenaries and try to rule. And add mages/monsters to the ranks.

If anyone wants character creation go play ER, Tes, Soulsborne, FO4, and a lot of full RPG out there for u. leave witcher alone with your ideas pls.

I hope the CDPR understands character creation is poison for the witcher series.

Top Bottom