• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 4 Has Entered Pre-Production

SJRB

Gold Member
I mean sure, but wasn't the point to save time in the first place?

It is of course the difference between short-term and long-term goals. Switching engines probably requires pretty much your entire dev team to get training and experience with the new engine, set up new pipelines, etc.

Switching engine is a short-term investment for long-term output optimization.

nkarafo

Too bad it will probably be anothet cross gen game like Cyberpunk, targeting the PS5/series X instead of fully using the power of next gen.

Neilg

lol 1.5 years just to research as start PRE-production. hilarious.

Video game studios sure do sound like a scam right now. This 500 man studio took 1.5 years to do "research" and still arent ready for full production? Didnt they make Witcher 3 in 3.5 years after shipping Witcher 2?

pre production is done by a handful of people - a very small team figuring out decisions before too many cooks get let into the kitchen.
studios don't put every single member of staff on whichever project you're currently reading about.
Witcher 3 pre-production would have been done before that 3.5 year timeline.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Imagining The Witcher 4 in Unreal Engine 5 | TeaserPlay's Concept Trailer

in this video we are going to imagine The Witcher 4 , the game is currently being developed by CD Projekt RED for PS5, Xbox Series X|S and PC

we tried to use all the power and features of Unreal Engine 5 to recreate this such as Lumen, Nanite, Ray Tracing and Metahuman

samoilaaa

R.I.P CDPR

i didnt see this , ffs

most likely they made the new lynx school to be able to make women witchers and all kinds of "things" , witcher 3 and dragon age inquisition were some of my fav rpgs last gen and both their sequels will be filled with woke crap instead of fixing what was wrong with previous games

Raven117

Gold Member
i didnt see this , ffs

most likely they made the new lynx school to be able to make women witchers and all kinds of "things" , witcher 3 and dragon age inquisition were some of my fav rpgs last gen and both their sequels will be filled with woke crap instead of fixing what was wrong with previous games
Doubt it.

The Polish version of woke is very different from what the U.S. says it is.

Top Bottom