• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher Remake announced by CD Projekt

JCK75

I've been hoping they would do this for so long.. it sucks if you're a console gamer and your starting point in a story is part 2 with no means of playing the first..

Pallas

Gold Member
Haven’t played the original so I’m totally for this. Hopefully they don’t change the story any, from what I heard it’s a pretty good story.

Curious if they will try to add Gwent card game into it somehow.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
As a remake hater myself, I think I want this one to be made. Never could get behind the gameplay mechanics of the first one, so between that, the better graphics and the port to consoles... Bring it on.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I wonder if it's to be an overhaul Witcher 3 style or a smaller/focused game that feels like, if 3 is Arkham City/Knight then this is Witcher Arkham Asylum :pie_drooling:

I'd play it, hope they can make combat good and all though, flow more organic, and it does need changing and expanding the story with better pacing too.

Darak

The original was made with Bioware's Neverwinter Nights engine and the gameplay was pretty different compared to the sequels. If I'm not mistaken, It still had the concept of real-time turns and such, although they changed the gameplay somewhat to be a bit more interactive. Still had that concept of enemies standing in front of each other in looping animations and such.

The remake will surely change the gameplay to be more like Witcher 3 while preserving the story.

mortal

Gold Member
Cool, but this seems like it's at least half a decade away.
CDPR seem to have a lot of irons in the fire, I really hope they aren't reaching beyond their means again with several of these big productions overlapping.

Announcing way too early it seems.
I wonder if these premature announcements are an attempt to please investors.

Saber

Gold Member
Thats cool I think. Never was much a fan of Witcher until W3, let's see how this one fairs.

Humdinger

That's good. I didn't play the first two. I was a little underwhelmed at the third, but I'd be open to playing a remade version of the first, where it all started. Maybe it'd give me more appreciation of the franchise.

begotten

Seems like CDPR are trying too hard to keep riding the good faith they have currently with the players.

Like cool, I'll play it - but it's going to be 4-5 fucking years away.

Last edited:
VKWFlua.gif

Pejo

Fucking FINALLY. I haven't played W2 or W3 yet because I want to play them in order, and the first one has some of the worst combat I ever tried in a videogame. Hope that's #1 on their list of things to update.

GymWolf

You saw button mashing, I assume.

There's dice games, so they can swap them or just add Gwent by the side.
I saw many videos over the course of the years, not only one.

It just looked like an even clunkier version of the other 2 games but with an added rythm game part.

Last edited:

SCB3

Ah good, this is the number 1 game in my list that NEEDED a remake, the original one is so fucking janky it’s almost unplayable, 2 is getting close these days but I didn’t mind once I got used it it

I do wonder though, is the newer Witcher games going to go with Geralt or is he done after Blood and Wine and we focus on a new Witcher

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
I'm stoked for this. I hope they remake 2 as well. Give me a complete trilogy on current gen stuff. All in the same engine, ideally.

JangoRain

I actually think W1 deserves it, but they should have hid this behind the code name a little longer (like maybe 2-3 years longer? Lol). I bet it will be cross gen, 9th/10th that is.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Why are they making so many games?

Senua

Oh man if this retains any of the atmosphere of the original it will be so great. I LOVE that first game.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Well, alright, it's a game that ACTUALLY needed a remake for once.

See you in 2030.

Flabagast

Is this one of the half a dozen witcher projects ?
Yes this is the Canis Majoris one, out of the 3 Witcher games announced (it was the AAA RPG outsourced to a 3rd party).

There are two other Witcher projects:
- Witcher 4, developed internally
- Molasses Flood project, which should be more akin to a AA production

Top Bottom