• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The World's Most Dangerous Gangs (Top 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I've known lots of Sur 13 in southern California, but no MS-13. To me, "13" was always Surenos until mainstream media started talking about MS-13 a few years back. I have no idea which one is bigger in SoCal now.

Asian gangsters are the best to do business with. They like to hide in plain sight, dressing like upstanding citizens, so you don't look like you're meeting up with some lowdown thug. There's always exceptions of course, but of the ones I dealt with back in the day, they were always really clean cut and didn't fuck around with your drugs. They're just as ruthless as any other gang, though, if not more so.

Best repeat-business arrangement of my entire life was with some of the most business like yakuza lookin mother fuckers i'd ever met in Seattle. Little things like always ALWAYS on time, scale always added up and they never asked me to meet them anywhere even creeping close to shady. A fucking FAR cry from dealing with Gypsy Jokers and shit closer to home. Definitely worth the 4 hour drive.

there isn't really much of a difference between African and Central American gangs as far as I can tell

I'm sure it's a psychological thing about the fact that I know a little Spanish and live in the states so it's just closer/less intimidating. The thought of having to deal with a gang that for all intents and purposes is an actual army - on the other side of the world where i wouldn't know the a lick of the language at all... I dunno.
Also... just throwing in a little bit of that tribal/religious/fucked up tradition stuff (female genital mutilation, ritual beheadings, "General Butt Nekkid" high on heroin thwacking around with an ak??... starts to veer away from a business (which i can understand and have been around) and gets a lil closer to fucking chaos...

Ultratech

Yeah, anyone who's ever had anything to do with (or much less read up on) MS-13...you don't mess with them. Period.

The Gangland tv series is pretty awesome if you want to check out more shit.

Definitely. You can really learn a lot about the different gangs they show, both in and outside of prison.

The Zetas and their Cartel counterparts are WAY beyond just a gang. They probably supply all of those gangs with drugs, money, guns, etc.

Yup. Drug cartels are well above what you would constitute as a gang.

They're effectively criminal organizations.

I totally knew la Mara Salvatrucha was going to be on this list. I'm from El Salvador and left the country when I was 14 and I feel like the luckiest kid ever.

Have you seen that one image about wasps? That's what you do when you meet the mareros. You stand the fuck still, you chill the fuck out, and you hope they don't put you on their list of shit they want to fuck up today.

Jake.

its strange how united bamboo are mentioned, they are more akin to a crime syndicate and fall under the organised crime umbrella.

Nyx

Surely they are dangerous, but this just makes me laugh.

UZo7F0V.jpg

Nyx

Agreed. I thought most people grew out of this shit when they were 14.

Never understood the need for these gangbangers to make a gazillion group photos.

I've watched a lot of Gangland due to it being released here by the company I work for, and man do these gangs like to be photographed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
These lists are always so weird because you'll get people that act like a gang should be in it. And it's kind of like this secret admiration, like, they're praising the gang almost.

Formosa

A lot of people are wondering why certain locally powerful gangs didn't make it to the list. The reason is because the top 4 most dangerous ones that were listed in the OP by foreignpolicy.com are:

1) Known internationally.
2) Amount of membership through out the world.
3) Well known for killing or kidnapping people in the open and aren't afraid to die or go to jail.
3) Their connections in the current.
4) Deeply involved in political/government.
4) "root" for firearm and drugs.

Surely they are dangerous, but this just makes me laugh.

UZo7F0V.jpg

You think these guys are just posing for the camera?

That picture is from a really damn good movie called Sin Nombre.
Look it up, it's not bad at all.

The guy in the far left plays some really goofy guys in Mexican telenovelas.

Nyx

You think these guys are just posing for the camera?

That picture is from a really damn good movie called Sin Nombre.
Look it up, it's not bad at all.

The guy in the far left plays some really goofy guys in Mexican telenovelas.

Well yes, I thought so!

But it's from a movie, ok haha.

baphomet

Best dealers I have ever known were MS13. Straight from Honduras, and there were always more and more of them. Always on time, super professional, came to me, and didn't care to front. Very nice guys as well. I played soccer with them more times than I can count. Also ate dinner over at their place a few times.

Clean for a few years now, but still play soccer with them every now and then.

Formosa

My story:

One of my friend got shot many times to death tired to protect his friend. This happened almost 10 years ago at a very busy area in Taipei, Taiwan. Him and his friends were members of the Four Sea gang (2nd biggest gang in Taiwan) and while they were in a parked car, the United Bamboo gang drove by and looking for revenge on my friend's friend, very unfortunate, they killed my friend instead.

Seriously... stay away from gangs.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
My story:

One of my friend got shot many times to death tired to protect his friend. This happened almost 10 years ago at a very busy area in Taipei, Taiwan. Him and his friends were members of the Four Sea gang (2nd biggest gang in Taiwan) and while they were in a parked car, the United Bamboo gang drove by and looking for revenge on my friend's friend, very unfortunate, they killed my friend instead.

Seriously... stay away from gangs.

In three years living in Taipei I've only seen one instance of street gang stuff. Basically a bunch of punks were harassing a South East Asian street food vendor. No idea if that action was organised at any level or anything, but it's more than obvious that the major players in Asian crime operate on a government/corporate level rather than wasting their time with street-level shit.

Zertez

It is impossible to rank the top 8 or so gangs/traids/yakuza/mafia/cartels etc, because even with small public exposure through media reports of their crimes, it just is a tiny fraction of what they have done and continue to do. Not sure if they disqualified certain cartels, but Sinaloa and especially Los Zetas is definitely stronger than some gangs listed like MS-13. MS-13 is ruthless and strong no doubt, but Los Zetas boss has been ranked several times by Forbes as one of most influential person in the world with personal wealth in the billions. There is no way to track his wealth, but it is rumored to be over 25 billion. Los Zetas fights with local police like most normal gangs, but they are also taking on Mexicos military and standing up to them, as well as taking on the FBI, DEA, CIA and the US military in Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. I wouldnt want to be around any group on this list, but Los Zetas is in another category than any "gang" on this list.

Tell me again WHY we have to give due process and not just kill them on sight?

Don't give me that slippery slope bullshit, because you know damn well if you had the option you'd employ it too.

T'Zariah

Banned
On sight has a margin for error.

Depends on who/what you're dealing with and what EXACTLY "on-sight" means.

If you're conducting a raid on a known compound, then yeah, unless they have hostages/prisoners they haven't killed yet, it's safe to assume every single person there is an evil motherfucker who deserves zero sympathy.

Iph

Banned
There was a gang at my high school of rich white kids

They were named the Broadside Brawlers

Every member of the gang was a skinny rich white kid who tried way too hard to be cool

They were literally a joke

Tunnel Snakes!!

Unless I'm mistaken, isn't the term "wiggers" appropriate here?

Uh...

"I only met with white drug dealers, not the scary ones"

lol, that was a masterful troll job. I imagine his dealer being the guy from Pulp Fiction who reminds you that he's not black, so his stuff is good.

Need I remind everyone that the scariest crime gang in the history of the world was white.

Qvoth

i've heard of ms-13, think it was some episode on gangs in national geographic

never heard of united bamboo, damn though 10 km procession? that's a huge show of strength

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom